Author Topic: Why is the black box on the boat?  (Read 11995 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the black box on the boat?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »
Yup, I've been at sea.

It's not the distance by itself that's the problem. The two pickup trucks could make it to Iowa and back in a few days too.

The point is, if I'm Widmore, and I've just expended considerable resources to obtain this black box, then I want experts scrutinizing it. The last thing I want is to leave it wandering about over thousands of miles in the South Pacific.

so long as my people had it in hand, thats all that matters, i doubt he wants anyone to analyze it, its a bargaining chip against ben   (my theory anyway)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:15:07 PM by cbw420 »

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
Yup, I've been at sea.

It's not the distance by itself that's the problem. The two pickup trucks could make it to Iowa and back in a few days too.

The point is, if I'm Widmore, and I've just expended considerable resources to obtain this black box, then I want experts scrutinizing it. The last thing I want is to leave it wandering about over thousands of miles in the South Pacific.

so long as my people had it in hand, thats all that matters, i doubt he wants anyone to analyze it, its a bargaining chip against ben   (my theory anyway)

Great point.  Ben's the one who needs to see it.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »
Yup, I've been at sea.

thanks, but its a logical point, so be careful agreeing with it

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 03:53:26 PM »
Yup, I've been at sea.

thanks, but its a logical point, so be careful agreeing with it

I proceed warned.  ;)

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »
so is the real black box still in the cockpit on the island? I bet that would be worth a pretty penny to somebody, if the others havent already taken it from the wreakage.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
Well, maybe....

If the data's been copied and sent to Widmore, and if they had some way of proving to Ben that this was the actual black box from the fake 815 flight, and if the data contained some proof that the crash was fake or something else Ben wouldn't want known....

It's a lot of if's but it's better than anything I've come up with.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
Interesting,

If Ben had the wherewithal to fake a plane wreck, I would have hoped his mensa mind would have taken the "real" black Box and put it on the "fake" Plane.

If not, he's like.... Bobby Brady stupid....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2008, 04:34:10 PM »
It was probably the one that they found of the staged crash, considering that his men discovered it.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »
so maybe that blackbox is the REAL blackbox from the island, used to stage the crash? just throwin that out there.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 04:36:34 PM »
Could be.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »
I could be wrong, but doesn't the black box pretty much tell you where the plane flew? If so, Ben would need a fakearooni.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
so maybe that blackbox is the REAL blackbox from the island, used to stage the crash? just throwin that out there.

AND...we have, what....7 or 8 episodes to fall back on to confirm that the REAL black box from the FAKE plane crash was taken to the fake plane crash where the real black box once was, only to find out that Mikhail had already switched the real crash black box with the fake black box crash before Ethan knew that Ben had told Mikhail, not Ethan and both black boxes ended up on, as was pointed out in S4, ???2??? or was it S3...anyway, that both black boxes ended up on TWA 800.  

Excellent writers for this show.  All of these things that are that never were.  Totally amazing.

h e l p m e

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
Yea, he did need a fake, but some how get it so that it would lead to his staged crash.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »
Interesting,

If Ben had the wherewithal to fake a plane wreck, I would have hoped his mensa mind would have taken the "real" black Box and put it on the "fake" Plane.

If not, he's like.... Bobby Brady stupid....

if this was the case, it would lead everyone to the island, thats teh purpose of blackbox

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
And Ben obviously doesn't want any1 on the island that he doesn't want there, and if rescue came, they would discover the island, so he would have to make a fake.