Author Topic: Michael  (Read 7623 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Michael
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »
Not sure. It looks to me like he got into it for revenge and now is having second thoughts. Deceiving and killing what appear to be flunkies like Elsa has got to wear on a guy.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
Ben says something like "you want to protect your friends, don't you?"  I'm sure revenge is a part of it too.  More parallels to Munich!  They basically do it for revenge too and it wears on them as well.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »
Good point, Yes, I agree he's doing it to protect some folks as well. Probably people left behind on the Island, don't you think?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »
Doesn't Micheal however look like he has aged? If you look at him it seems he now has gray hair and is a bit slender/older. This would be a great fit in for Walt looking like he is 6'-4" and point guard for the Lakers.
I could see Michael not following Ben's coordinates thinking he is almighty and right and following a different path from the island leaping him forward as a different "side effect" of the dome.

In the end I hope Michael gets it like Ana Lucia.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »
Well, anything's possible I guess. But the only place we know of where there's time distortion is in the barrier around the Island. Hard to imagine them living in that boat for 3 or 4 subjective years. Plus, apparently people who spend only a few days in close proximity to that curtain get suicidally depressed.

So unless there's some major new info on time dilation coming this epi, I think any apparent aging can be put down to stress.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »
Doesn't Micheal however look like he has aged? If you look at him it seems he now has gray hair and is a bit slender/older. This would be a great fit in for Walt looking like he is 6'-4" and point guard for the Lakers.
I could see Michael not following Ben's coordinates thinking he is almighty and right and following a different path from the island leaping him forward as a different "side effect" of the dome.

I don't think he would have deviated from Ben's given course,
1) He was on a makeshift raft that eventually came back to the island (was he still around when Des came back?)
2) He knew Ben had some knowledge of the island, enough to believe that the course he gave would lead to salvation

I cant say I disagree with his aging, but that could just be the haircut,  he definately looks different,

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »
we are questioning if michael aged now??

chalk it up to a new haircut and the fact that he's been off screen for sometime

probably hit the gym during his off time from the show as well

anyone and everyone looks different to anyone and everyone after not seeing them for a while, even the regular characters appearances have changed, we just dont notice it because we see them every week

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
i think the whole thing about him making it to new york is a lil spoilerish... I also think that michael had to follow the 325 berring or he wouldnt have made it off the island, if i remember correctly desmond sailed around for a while before he realized he wasnt going anywhere due to the "snowglobe" effect.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
**edit

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
So, when Michael left the island following the barring, because Ben said he would find rescue, he meant the freighter???

But, Michael probably is Ben's man on the boat, considering he pretended not to know Sayid and Des... Ben probably mad a deal w/ him to be his spy.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
But, Michael probably is Ben's man on the boat, considering he pretended not to know Sayid and Des... Ben probably mad a deal w/ him to be his spy.

probably!?!?!?!?

are we watching the same show dood??

he DEFINITELY is ben's man

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
LOL, ok.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
Is too why I would have thought the redemptive Jin would have made a good Benassassin too!

*sniffle sniffle*

Here's your Kleenex, my dear.  I used about five.

Redemptive Jin wouldn't kill.

That's the disturbing thing about where Sayid is morally in the flashforwards.  What happened to "No more torture for me" Sayid?  He's cleansing himself by murdering people??!?!
It's for the greater good.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »
Doesn't Micheal however look like he has aged? If you look at him it seems he now has gray hair and is a bit slender/older.
Harold P is now 44, that tends to happen whenever you reach your mid 40's.
This would be a great fit in for Walt looking like he is 6'-4" and point guard for the Lakers.
Walt had barely aged and only grown a few inches when seen in Locke's vision at the grave. Way too much has been made over this kids growth.  He's about 13 years old in real life, he's not even reached full puberty yet.
  I see this as well.
I don't, I hope the character gets an opporutunity to redeem himself, much like other characters have.  Then if he dies, then so be it.  They could've done so much more with this character (and Walt, with the ES powers he has) that would have made the show cool, instead they send them off on a boat.  Part of the downfall of season 3 IMO.

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
I think Nadia ties into this somehow. . . . Maybe she is brought to the island or something somehow by Ben in the same way he brought Anthony Cooper to the island only in more of a non-vengeful way.  We all know Ben is manipulative,  and probably used Nadia in some way to coerce Sayid into working with him after the fact.  I don't think Walt and Mike do any time traveling, but I do think Michael makes it back to New York, most likely as Kevin Johnson and not as Michael.  I am really curious to find out what happens to Walt cause at this point, he could be dead.  That might explain why Ben was able to talk him into working on the freighter

Theory 1:  Somehow Walt was killed by the people on the freighter, and he agreed to help Ben to get revenge against the freighter people for Walt's murder. 

Theory 2:  Ben killed Walt, whether on purpose or by accident,  gave Michael no other choice and maybe threatened that every one else would die on the island if he didn't agree to help.  So he agrees with the hidden agenda of helping everyone off the island with the hopes of getting ready to kill Ben in the process. 

Theory 3:  Walt's still alive and well,  possibly in NY City with a close trustable family friend.  Michael is helping Ben because he is ridden with guilt over what he did to Libby and Ana Lulu and wants redemption with the Losties, so he is doing what he can to help them off the island too. 

I know,  for some reason my creative mind is running wild today with theories. . . .  may not be true, but at least they are making me think ;-)