Author Topic: "I just want this to be over"  (Read 6865 times)

Blackrock Bob

Re: "I just want this to be over"
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
While poking around on Lostpedia, I was reading about Jack at the airport trying to get Christian's body on the plane.
He tells the ticket agent that he just wants to bury his father so this will all be over.

I find this parallel interesting. Kate's dark past was her criminal background. Jack's was his father and his relationship with him.
Kate clears up her past, while Jack never has a chance to.

Offline Walkabout

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 10:16:18 AM »
While poking around on Lostpedia, I was reading about Jack at the airport trying to get Christian's body on the plane.
He tells the ticket agent that he just wants to bury his father so this will all be over.

I find this parallel interesting. Kate's dark past was her criminal background. Jack's was his father and his relationship with him.

I thought sneaker clad Christian led Jack to the cave and upon arrival finding dear ol dad's coffin. Did he not burry the coffin then? If I remember Jack thought that is why Christian appeared to him.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
If Aaron is "special" that would make the role of guardian just as special. For Kate to be given this responsibility either voluntarily or not must weigh incredibly heavy on her shoulders, even more so as she has expressed to Clare her unease with children.

The scene where we find out how Kate ended up being Aaron's 'mum' will no doubt be harrowing - I sense a "who will love my children..?" moment Pass the tissues someone...

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 10:19:55 AM »

I thought sneaker clad Christian led Jack to the cave and upon arrival finding dear ol dad's coffin. Did he not burry the coffin then? If I remember Jack thought that is why Christian appeared to him.
I think he just beat the crap out of the coffin because he still didn't have closure.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »
If Kate really wanted a deal that would keep her from returning to the island, she would have accepted jail time lol :)...

Offline Floyd25

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »
If Kate really wanted a deal that would keep her from returning to the island, she would have accepted jail time lol :)...
NOT if she needs to be Aaron's guardian and him not end up in foster care.  Jiminy, look at Walt.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
I don't think Kate conciously wanted a deal that would prevent her from going back, I think at that point she never thought there would ever be a reason to want to go back.  What I think is that someone behind the scenes set up that deal to keep her free to care for Aaron while at the same time preventing her from returning to the island.  Otherwise, I can't imagine that she would ever have received such a light sentence.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
i agree to the thoughts that it seemed like kate WANTED to be stuck in one place for 10 years.  i think she wanted a reason to not be able to go back to the island.

BUT, i also think that old kate would just go wherever she wants whenever she wants.  SO, i don't really think the probation is going to do her very much good.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »

Jack never cleared it with Christian, but Sawyer told Jack what his father said about him, that should have made a big difference on how Jack felt about his father...

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 09:48:51 PM »
That was one of the best scenes of the series too.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
Also Hurley told Jack that Charlie said 'your not supposed to raise him', meaning that Jack (and presumably Kate) are not supposed to bring up Aaron.
What are the implications then of Claire not bringing up Aaron? And can we accept that it was 'The Island' (in the form of Christian) that took Claire away and left Aaron in the tree?