Author Topic: Noise on the freighter?  (Read 9300 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Noise on the freighter?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
It's the freighter crew's invisible mechanical monster that's locked up far below in the bowls of the ship.
It's name is "POOF" and he's been brought to elimante "SMOKEY" from the island.
It will be "CLASH of the TITANS!" oh wait...... that's already a movie.
It will be 2 men enter one man leaves, these are the rules of Thunderdome..... oh wait. that's a Tina Turner flick.

I wish for a gigantic invisible monster to fight SMOKEY!

By the way I watch Ravenous this weekend and saw Dan and his character is the same as on LOST, a "fool".

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
It's the freighter crew's invisible mechanical monster that's locked up far below in the bowls of the ship.
It's name is "POOF" and he's been brought to elimante "SMOKEY" from the island.
It will be "CLASH of the TITANS!" oh wait...... that's already a movie.
It will be 2 men enter one man leaves, these are the rules of Thunderdome..... oh wait. that's a Tina Turner flick.

I wish for a gigantic invisible monster to fight SMOKEY!

By the way I watch Ravenous this weekend and saw Dan and his character is the same as on LOST, a "fool".

For your official 200th post I give you the highly regarded, much sought after, elegantly coiffed, odourously odored......

thumbs up. ;D
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »

For your official 200th post I give you the highly regarded, much sought after, elegantly coiffed, odourously odored......

thumbs up. ;D
[/quote]

Sweet! Now if I can only make it into the thousands and thousnads like some of you.    ;)

dizzyb

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
two words....

word association......

cute shirt by the way - red suits you!

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »
two words....

word association......

cute shirt by the way - red suits you!

So, is that the Bonds/Clemens method? ;D ;)
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »
Watch an epi S2 last night and was looking for the noise that comes from the Swan when the magnetism is running Sayid & Jack talk about the cement poured) to the noise in the freighter. It's close. similar humming noise.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
Probably another magnet then... possibly to duplicate the same thing the swan was for?

Offline kfunk01

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
I definately agree with the morse code method... Does anyone recall if it was desmond or sayid who introduced himself to Micheal first... I also cannot recall who said someone is trying to tell us something while they were waiting in the room before someone came in.  Was it Sayid?  Maybe there is a connection there and Desmond just followed... IDK just jumping out of the box...;  :P

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »
Michael introduced himself to Sayid and Des so that his cover wouldn't be blown if Sayid said,"Hey Michael!"

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 03:44:38 AM »
I've yet to read the 729 pages of new posts on "Meet Kevin Johnson," so I'm sure someone has mentioned this somewhere, but the noise they heard was Michael throwing the ball, right?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
Nice idea. I wouldn't be surprised. And I haven't see that idea anywhere else. Only 729? Isn't that like, 9 cubed, or something?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
 ha ha, Is that a big brother reference!? :D

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »
I don't know whether or not Morse is a standard part of basic training any more, so I'm less sure about Des. But Sayid was a Comm officer and so should know.
It's not. 

But isn't it encouraged to be learned though?? Seems like as a last resort, it's better than semaphore.

I've yet to read the 729 pages of new posts on "Meet Kevin Johnson," so I'm sure someone has mentioned this somewhere, but the noise they heard was Michael throwing the ball, right?

Couldn't have been. Des and Sayid weren't on the boat at that point. Minkowsky was still coherent. I don't think the time line matches.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
I don't know whether or not Morse is a standard part of basic training any more, so I'm less sure about Des. But Sayid was a Comm officer and so should know.
It's not. 

But isn't it encouraged to be learned though?? Seems like as a last resort, it's better than semaphore.

Not even a little bit.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »
It's not. 

Couldn't have been. Des and Sayid weren't on the boat at that point. Minkowsky was still coherent. I don't think the time line matches.
I'm not saying the 2 scenes were simultaneous, but that he had developed a habit of doing that.