Poll

Do you believe that, at the time Sun gives birth Jin is truly dead?

Claimed to be dead but on the island
35 (41.2%)
Really dead
38 (44.7%)
Assumed dead by Sun but not really dead
12 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Poll: Is Jin dead?  (Read 12764 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Is Jin dead?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »
Jin had a flashback, year of the dragon 2000, plane crash 2004....he even said he and Sun had only been married a few months....Sun had a flashforward....

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
Am I being thick here but Jin must be alive and OFF the Island, we saw him at the delivery suite after Sun gave birth, he brought a giant Panda, clear as day, I saw him with my own eyes I tell you!
Sun gave birth off the Island, Jin visited just after the birth, 2+2= Jin is no longer on the Island. I accept Sun must not know he is off the Island yet and so he could very well be working for Ben.
So my question - Why do people beleive Jin is still ON the Island?

Jin did NOT visit Sun at the hospital. Jin's story was a flashBACK to when he worked for Sun's Father, Paik and was delivering the panda to a client of Mr. paik who just became a grandfather. Pai sent Jin to deliver a message that they wanted to do business with the new grandfather in China (hence, the panda, which is a Chinese, not a Korean thing).
Sun's was a flashFORWARD where she has the baby and, in a drug induced rant, asks for Jin when the doctor ask who he should call for her.
The only thing I don't understand is, If Sun is a "famous" Oceanic 6 survivor, why would everyone NOT know she had lost her husband in the plane crash? Or was the Dr. just humouring her? And, where is her father through all of this? Does he not know his Daughter is having a baby and why isn't he providing her with a ride to the hospital, guards at her door (considering her new found fame) and, what, no gifts from Daddy either?
Is Paik dead too? I say he must be for Sun to be on her own like she seems to be.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »
OK thanks for clearing that up, but who was the woman in Jin's flashback? Was it not Sun or were we just tricked into thinking it was?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09:04 PM »
Cover up.

Plan B:  stuck in the wrong time, unknowingly.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09:45 PM »
I think and this is my theory, when Jin got with Sun he became Paiks deliveryman, this was one of the easy deliveries

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »
OK thanks for clearing that up, but who was the woman in Jin's flashback? Was it not Sun or were we just tricked into thinking it was?

I suppose the woman was paik's client's granddaughter. She didn't look anything like Sun. She had much shorter hair.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »
i say alive and on the island.
Ditto!
DITTO THAT
For once I have to disagree with Juggy...wow....
Jin is dead...they used the date of the crash for the coverup thats a given...but why would Hurley and Sun go to the grave site...the reason you go to a grave site is in honor and memory of a desceased person...if he was/is alive on the island she could reflect on Jin in a photo or something at home...

I agree 100%, Jin is dead probably dies next episode defending his wife.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:56 PM »
That'd be honorable at least.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
I suspect Jin:

a.) lets Sun get off the Island and stays behind to save her and the baby. He would then be abandoned and "covered-up," but remain alive.

b.) dies trying to get Sun off the Island.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
Dang, I like that theory too!

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »
I agree with Matahari!!

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »
I chose assumed dead by Sun but not really dead.  I think her memory has been tampered with to protect her and the baby.  Also to protect Jin if he's working for Ben.  I don't know that he is, but it's possible.  Michael and Sayid are working for Ben, so why not Jin as well?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »
I chose assumed dead by Sun but not really dead.  I think her memory has been tampered with to protect her and the baby.  Also to protect Jin if he's working for Ben.  I don't know that he is, but it's possible.  Michael and Sayid are working for Ben, so why not Jin as well?

I made the same choice. Memory tampering is plausible. I prefer delirium. She was calling out for Jin during Ji yeon's birth. They sedated her.

Jin is quite the bada$$. I could see him being manipulated in order to reunite with Sun & the baby.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »
Am I being thick here but Jin must be alive and OFF the Island, we saw him at the delivery suite after Sun gave birth, he brought a giant Panda, clear as day, I saw him with my own eyes I tell you!
Sun gave birth off the Island, Jin visited just after the birth, 2+2= Jin is no longer on the Island. I accept Sun must not know he is off the Island yet and so he could very well be working for Ben.
So my question - Why do people beleive Jin is still ON the Island?
because it wasn't the same baby... Jins flashback was pre-crash...while Sun's was post-crash.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 01:45:27 AM »
Is it a bad sign that Jin didn't flash forward?  I still think he's alive, but why didn't he flash forward, too?