Author Topic: Could Ben have staged the crash?  (Read 11591 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Could Ben have staged the crash?
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »
We know it's a few days out from Fiji.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:47 AM »
The Sunda trench too.
So why put a fake plane near the island?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »
The Sunda Trench is near Bali, thousands of miles from Fiji.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
4800 miles.
You're right.
It would take a couple of weeks for a freighter, not a few days.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
Ah well, you're probably right on a whole bunch of other stuff.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »
okay, so the bodies on fake815 have not been identified?  but WE know they aren't the real survivors.  explain to me (somebody, anybody) how they could recover the black box, but NOT any of the bodies. 

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »
Hmmm...

If Widmore planted the fake plane, then the box we see on the ship need never have been at the bottom of the Trench. It's all just part of Widmore's lies.

If Ben planted the fake plane then why would he even bother to plant a fake box? Better it was just presumed lost, one would think.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
okay, so the bodies on fake815 have not been identified?  but WE know they aren't the real survivors.  explain to me (somebody, anybody) how they could recover the black box, but NOT any of the bodies. 

Well, in the context of the show, it is probably alot easier to pull up one small metal box then it is to retrieve all 324 bodies. Just my thought on it.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:48 AM »
If Widmore planted the fake plane, then the box we see on the ship need never have been at the bottom of the Trench. It's all just part of Widmore's lies.
If widmore planted the plane, he'd have no need of the black box.  He'd just leave it in the plane with the rest of the fake 815.

If Ben planted the fake plane then why would he even bother to plant a fake box? Better it was just presumed lost, one would think.
If Ben planted the plane, Widmore would want the box to prove the plane was not 815 (which would be easier than checking the DNA of the bodies, which would require getting DNA from family members also).

Ben planted the plane, locking it in, final answer! 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »
If widmore planted the plane, he'd have no need of the black box.  He'd just leave it in the plane with the rest of the fake 815.

If Ben planted the plane, Widmore would want the box to prove the plane was not 815 (which would be easier than checking the DNA of the bodies, which would require getting DNA from family members also).

Lean over here and let me give you a high five for that!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »

What he said!

Offline Walkabout

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2008, 07:42:44 AM »

So what you are saying is Ben is smart enough and has the resources to plant a fake plane but is not smart enough to remove the black box? With all of those resources he couldn't fake the in-flight recorder or the flight data recorder? Still up for debate but I will choose to wait for TPTB to reveal the final answer.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »

So what you are saying is Ben is smart enough and has the resources to plant a fake plane but is not smart enough to remove the black box? With all of those resources he couldn't fake the in-flight recorder or the flight data recorder? Still up for debate but I will choose to wait for TPTB to reveal the final answer.

I'm thinking that Ben did what he could as quickly as he could to divert attention as far from the island as possible, and what with 324 fake bodies supposedly out of reach, never expected anyone to go through the trouble and expense of retrieving just the box.  Also I can't imagine it would be simple to duplicate a data recorder from a commercial jet.  You couldn't just go to Radio Shack and pick up a mini cassette and record yourself saying, 'Oh S***, the back of the plane just fell off!"   ;D

Oh, who am I kidding?  This is just my thoughts, based on what little they've fed us so far (two powerful, dangerous people blaming each other).  I don't know what to think anymore.  In fact, I just had to look under my desk to make sure I remembered to put my pants on this morning! ???

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »

I'm thinking that Ben did what he could as quickly as he could to divert attention as far from the island as possible, and what with 324 fake bodies supposedly out of reach, never expected anyone to go through the trouble and expense of retrieving just the box.  Also I can't imagine it would be simple to duplicate a data recorder from a commercial jet.  You couldn't just go to Radio Shack and pick up a mini cassette and record yourself saying, 'Oh S***, the back of the plane just fell off!"   ;D

Oh, who am I kidding?  This is just my thoughts, based on what little they've fed us so far (two powerful, dangerous people blaming each other).  I don't know what to think anymore.  In fact, I just had to look under my desk to make sure I remembered to put my pants on this morning! ???
:o  Why do you think I stand behind you saying "I agree!" all the time? ;D ::) :P