Author Topic: Could Ben have staged the crash?  (Read 15709 times)

Offline Survivor815

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Could Ben have staged the crash?
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2008, 10:36:22 AM »
I think the plane they found is somehow the real oceanic plane with the real dead bodies of the losties.
It would be much easier just to never find a missing plane than to put a fake plane with dead bodies in the sunda trench and hoping someone will go searching the ocean in that exact spot. They were flying for 6 hours in the wrong direction, when the plane crashed. No one could know where to look for the plane.

They found the plane when they were looking for the black rock.
Where is the black rock? On the island.
Where is the plane? On the island.
There is something under water. An opening to the island. The Dharmapeople and the others used a submarine to get on and off the island. I thought they would find Desmond's boat and Rousseau's ship there too.

I cannot believe Ben or Jacob or whoever build a fake plane to put in the ocean with disintegrating bodies of other people.
I know lost is weird, but not this weird.

Exactly! The Black Rock apparently sunk, but somehow it is on the MIDDLE of the island?! We know the island has weird characteristics...I think you're onto something here. My fiance' has a similar theory, something like The Philadelphia Project. I don't know how he explained it exactly but I know magnetic fields were involved and we all know about that problem on the island. Hmmmm.... So maybe the crash isn't staged at all?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
BobBX, I'm just sayin' that if Ben staged the fake crash, diverting attention from the Island is his likeliest motive. And of course people can and do find the Island. The Boaties are the latest.

Survivor, if the plane really crashed in the Sunda Trench, is still more or less intact, the pilot is in the front seat, the passengers in their seats, etc. how do you explain the various plane parts, pilot and passengers that ended up on the Island? Some of them alive...  ???

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
He wanted to be sure the search didn't continue, particularly anywhere near the Island.

But noone can find the Island, not even God (Ben's words, not mine), and if they do, they are stuck there, so do you see what I mean?? I understand what you're saying, but the search would have ended eventually anyway. The ocean is a pretty big place, and the search for a plane is going to be pretty short because it can only go so far with the amount of fuel it has, etc.

no one could find the island PRE-purple sky, remember desmond opened that "bubble" for a brief second, maybe Ben really realized this and had to take action with the fake plane crash nonsense, just a thought

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
BobBX, I'm just sayin' that if Ben staged the fake crash, diverting attention from the Island is his likeliest motive. And of course people can and do find the Island. The Boaties are the latest.

I see what you mean there, okay, that makes alot of sense. I was just saying that once you get there, you can't leave, but after reading CBW's post below, it made me think that maybe to and from the island is easier now.

no one could find the island PRE-purple sky, remember desmond opened that "bubble" for a brief second, maybe Ben really realized this and had to take action with the fake plane crash nonsense, just a thought

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, Thanks guys.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »
[
I think the plane they found is somehow the real oceanic plane with the real dead bodies of the losties.
It would be much easier just to never find a missing plane than to put a fake plane with dead bodies in the sunda trench and hoping someone will go searching the ocean in that exact spot. They were flying for 6 hours in the wrong direction, when the plane crashed. No one could know where to look for the plane.

There is something under water. An opening to the island. The Dharmapeople and the others used a submarine to get on and off the island. I thought they would find Desmond's boat and Rousseau's ship there too.

I cannot believe Ben or Jacob or whoever build a fake plane to put in the ocean with disintegrating bodies of other people.

Exactly! The Black Rock apparently sunk, but somehow it is on the MIDDLE of the island?! We know the island has weird characteristics...I think you're onto something here. My fiance' has a similar theory, something like The Philadelphia Project. I don't know how he explained it exactly but I know magnetic fields were involved and we all know about that problem on the island. Hmmmm.... So maybe the crash isn't staged at all?

Didn't they say they found ALL of the bodies? I would be more inclined to believe this theory if somehow they were, oh, say 48 short.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »
Good point.

For Ben to stage all this, and include every single body from the plane, i just don't see how he could have done this, maybe a twist to make us THINK he staged it, then BAM the writers pull something from out of their sleeve and surprise us.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »
Good point.

For Ben to stage all this, and include every single body from the plane, i just don't see how he could have done this, maybe a twist to make us THINK he staged it, then BAM the writers pull something from out of their sleeve and surprise us.

its not hard to aquire bodies with the right money, have you ever seen the Exhibit called Bodies?

they just did a special on it, and how the get the bodies for it

a man with bens' money (as we've seen) and his means of doing things, its HIGHLY possible

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »
Didn't they say they found ALL of the bodies? I would be more inclined to believe this theory if somehow they were, oh, say 48 short.

I saw the orchidvideo on youtube and there was a duplicated bunny falling out of the sky.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »
Good point.

its not hard to aquire bodies with the right money, have you ever seen the Exhibit called Bodies?

a man with bens' money (as we've seen) and his means of doing things, its HIGHLY possible

Sigh. And usually I count on you to be the voice of common sense and reason! :-)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
Good point.

Sigh. And usually I count on you to be the voice of common sense and reason! :-)

this is my new thing, i am going to bring ACTUAL common sense and reason to the forum

i've had it with this other BS

Offline LostPortal

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

The Black Rock has plagued me since we saw it lying in the Jungle. Then the crash shows up on tv. I think you guys are on to something.
The 'something under the water' argument also coincides with this season's promotional posters with the jungle background being reflected in the water as a city.
hmmmmmm.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »
the jungle background being reflected in the water as a city.
hmmmmmm.

i see this every week, on every episode

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
Welcome, Lostportal!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
I'm late getting in on this one, but here are my thoughts.

Like cbw said...it's not hard to come up with bodies in the field of science, even though the DI was on the fringe of conventional research.  I hate to bring too much TLE info to the table, as TPTB have stated that not all of it is the gospel truth, but the Sri Lanka video talks about the Hanso Foundation's research resulting in a 30% mortality rate of 2 villages.  My point is- they have access to real bodies.

There's also the Gary Troup (turbine man) connection.  He authored a book on the Valenzetti Equation that Alvar Hanso supposedly brought up all copies of.  He had written Bad Twin (which Sawyer found the manuscript of), which, although it was fiction (metafictional actually), implicated Widmore, Hanso, & Paik in unethical business/scientific ventures.  The person(s) responsible for the crash may have been trying to silence him.  TPTB have stated that Bad Twin IS a part of their intended Lost expanded universe.

A key piece of info that I'd like to have access to in this discussion is- WHO was on Jacob's list, & WHY?  We all know the connections...Jack & Claire, Des & Jack (with Sara's "miracle"), Locke & Sawyer (with Cooper), Hurley & Libby, Sayid & Kelvin, etc...  It seems as though some really were brought to the Island for a specific purpose.  While TPTB have confirmed that the plane did crash because Des failed to push the button, we have not been given an explanation why the plane was already 1,000 miles off course.  I KNOW I know I know the "magic box" is a metaphor, but is it possible that Ben "wished" for a spinal surgeon, & the universe delivered one?   

My opinion is that many multi-national private & government agencies with deep pockets & the proper motivation have come together to pull this off.  It seems that different groups have different reasons for staging the crash.  But @ the same time...I think they were all drawn to the Island by a greater cosmic force.  The classic Lostian themes of fate/coincidence, men of faith/men of science, money/economics/power, irony, & redemption are ALL in play.  IF there has to be ONE person behind it all....I do see Ben as a strong possibility.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
I'm late getting in on this one, but here are my thoughts.

Like cbw said...it's not hard to come up with bodies in the field of science, even though the DI was on the fringe of conventional research.  I hate to bring too much TLE info to the table, as TPTB have stated that not all of it is the gospel truth, but the Sri Lanka video talks about the Hanso Foundation's research resulting in a 30% mortality rate of 2 villages.  My point is- they have access to real bodies.

There's also the Gary Troup (turbine man) connection.  He authored a book on the Valenzetti Equation that Alvar Hanso supposedly brought up all copies of.  He had written Bad Twin (which Sawyer found the manuscript of), which, although it was fiction (metafictional actually), implicated Widmore, Hanso, & Paik in unethical business/scientific ventures.  The person(s) responsible for the crash may have been trying to silence him.  TPTB have stated that Bad Twin IS a part of their intended Lost expanded universe.

A key piece of info that I'd like to have access to in this discussion is- WHO was on Jacob's list, & WHY?  We all know the connections...Jack & Claire, Des & Jack (with Sara's "miracle"), Locke & Sawyer (with Cooper), Hurley & Libby, Sayid & Kelvin, etc...  It seems as though some really were brought to the Island for a specific purpose.  While TPTB have confirmed that the plane did crash because Des failed to push the button, we have not been given an explanation why the plane was already 1,000 miles off course.  I KNOW I know I know the "magic box" is a metaphor, but is it possible that Ben "wished" for a spinal surgeon, & the universe delivered one?   

My opinion is that many multi-national private & government agencies with deep pockets & the proper motivation have come together to pull this off.  It seems that different groups have different reasons for staging the crash.  But @ the same time...I think they were all drawn to the Island by a greater cosmic force.  The classic Lostian themes of fate/coincidence, men of faith/men of science, money/economics/power, irony, & redemption are ALL in play.  IF there has to be ONE person behind it all....I do see Ben as a strong possibility.

I love this woman.  Thanks for this.  (((JESS))