Author Topic: Has Michael been Brainwashed?  (Read 19892 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Has Michael been Brainwashed?
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »
Is Michael still Michael, or is he some sort of Manchurian Candidate working for Ben? With Ben's seemingly unlimited resourced (enough to stage the fake crash of 815), did he send Michael on a false journey, later to be captured, Walt returned to the island, and Michael brainwashed and inserted on the Kahana as a spy? Just throwing it out there. Discuss!

Offline cindypooh

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Has Michael been Brainwashed?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:13:50 AM »
I think that Ben is holding Walt as leverage to get Michael to do his bidding just like he did with Syiad.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »
I think that Ben is holding Walt as leverage to get Michael to do his bidding just like he did with Syiad.
ditto that.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:16:05 AM »
I was thinking that too.  I kind of hinted at that last week.  But I think more likely he's a willing accomplice and Sayid was smart enough to go along with him being "Kevin Johnson."  I guess we only have to wait a week to find out.

I don't think Ben has Walt though.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:16:24 AM »
It defiantly didn't seem like Micheal knew sayid or Desmon on the boat. like he was meeting them for the first time.

Offline wcaclimbing

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
ditto that.
double ditto.
The preview looked like more "i need to save my son" stuff all over again. It wouldn't suprise me if Ben still has him somewhere.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »
It defiantly didn't seem like Micheal knew sayid or Desmon on the boat. like he was meeting them for the first time.
its called acting... he didn't want the doc to know!

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
A clean slate... I don't know. Why not we have seen blank slates before? Notably in Tabula Rasa.

Michael (& Walt) would have been taken off from the Island right around the time of the ultra-violet (electro-magnetic) radiation. Would that make them more susceptible to "side-effects" or "brainwashing."

You seem to assume Walt was returned to the Island. Why do you assume that he left, or returned physically?
He has been known to appear in places that he shouldn't.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »
I'm not making the assumption that Walt has returned, we just know that Walt was "wanted". So, perhaps he was never allowed to leave? Will be interesting, indeed, to find out what Walt's fate has been. Hopefully some of that comes next week.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
I'm not making the assumption that Walt has returned, we just know that Walt was "wanted". So, perhaps he was never allowed to leave? Will be interesting, indeed, to find out what Walt's fate has been. Hopefully some of that comes next week.
i think he left, then ran away from micheal back to the island...

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:49:43 AM »
its called acting... he didn't want the doc to know!

Yeah but usually when some kind of deception happens on the show theres some kind of dramatic music or a twinkle in someones eye or a smirk or something. he genuinely didn't even seem surprised that Sayid and Des were on the boat.

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »
because he saw them earlier when Regina jumped off.

Offline Fenster

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »
He knew they were on the boat since he opened the door for them.  He's just playing dumb for the crew.  He tried to leave when the "doctor" called him over.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:07 AM »
im sayting that the production values of the show usually allude to somthing. i dont doubt that mike would hide it yeah. im just saying its curious

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 01:01:04 AM »
michael is not brainwashed. bens adopted daughters boyfriend was in that room for a long time. his methods of brainwashing dont work. there has been no case of brainwashing actually working on this show. so no, michael isnt.