Author Topic: So Aaron IS one of the Oceanic Six  (Read 23406 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: So Aaron IS one of the Oceanic Six
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
If Arron was born/concieved after the crash,

How could he be one of the six?  wouldnt the six have to have been on the plane?

Realizing that the full story has not been revealed, the only way Kate can claim it is her baby (which seems evident that she does claim it's hers, from the trial episode) is that she had the baby on the island, concieved on the island aswell.

So just because arron is in the future, doesnt meant hat the world considers him one of the ocenaic 6,

I still think it is Michael, as he is now named kevin johnson but when he gets to the real world he will be known as Michael again.  and he is the sixth.

My take anyway

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
As for whether Aaron is one of the six: You guys are thinking about this from the wrong perspective.

Imagine these six people (including Aaron) being rescued, found alive. Amazing news story! Where did the term "Oceanic Six" come from? Most likely some news person coined the phrase. Now, logically, wouldn't they just smoothly dump Aaron into a group of six people who were *technically* on that plane as the Oceanic Six? There's no way a news person would dub the group the Oceanic Six and then have to tack on something like "Plus the Kid."

No, the logical way these things happen is that someone coined the phrase based on HOW MANY PEOPLE GOT OFF THE RESCUE VEHICLE. That would include six people and therefore would include Aaron. No one would bother to get picky about things like that while coining a phrase for the media. It would kinda ruin the whole "catchy phrase" thing to have to tack on a P.S. about Aaron.

.... Which, BTW, leads me to believe that Ben got off the island some other way ... sneakily and undetected. And I think it's him in the coffin, a fitting end that the producers KNOW we would all want by now.

THis is how it will happen.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
I think.
The heli can take 3 people at the time.
It took Sayid, Desmond and Naomi's body.
It is going back now to take 3 others. Sun, who needs to leave the island, Jin, who will follow Sun whereever she goes and Juliet, who wants to get off the island more than anything else.
It will come back another time and take Jack, Kate with Aaron and Hurley.
So the story they will tell the world is, 8 survived the crash, 2 died.
Jin died and Juliet or Desmond will.
The oceanic six are : Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, Desmond/Juliet.

But Desmond and Juliet are not survivors of 815. At this point in time (presumable) the world believes all on board 815 died, so names would be released for families to grieve and make arrangements. So everyone would know that Desmond and Juliet were not on the plane, and this would only add questions and would not work in the lie they made up. Plus what happened to Jin in your scenario?

Offline Lostatwork

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
the producers say that the death in ji yeon dosnt mean we will not see that character again

Who's to say that didn't mean Regina?  Maybe we'll see her again in explaining how Michael & Walt found "rescue?"

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
I think it will be interesting how they explain Aaron belonging to Kate. I believe the producers (or someone!) said that we would know all of the six this episode. So Aaron is one of them.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »
But Desmond and Juliet are not survivors of 815. At this point in time (presumable) the world believes all on board 815 died, so names would be released for families to grieve and make arrangements. So everyone would know that Desmond and Juliet were not on the plane, and this would only add questions and would not work in the lie they made up. Plus what happened to Jin in your scenario?

I know Desmond wasn't on the plane. But if I follow the events on the island in islandtime I suppose the oceanic 6 will be saved by the helicopter that brings them to the freighter, because Sun has to get off the island in 3 weeks to survive. The helicopter just went back
to get 3 others.
We know for sure that Sayid and Desmond got off the island. Desmond could have died, but he didn't, because he found a constant. So I don't think he will die soon. I don't think he will get back to the island, because he wants to go to Penny.
 So he will be with Kate, Sayid, Aaron, Hurley, Sun and Jack when they are found or get on land.
They made up a story, 8 survived and 2 died. Jin died. Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Jack, Kate and Aaron and Desmond survived. Where will you put Desmond otherwise? Who is he? Or how do they hide him?

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »

I know Desmond wasn't on the plane. But if I follow the events on the island in islandtime I suppose the oceanic 6 will be saved by the helicopter that brings them to the freighter, because Sun has to get off the island in 3 weeks to survive. The helicopter just went back
to get 3 others.
We know for sure that Sayid and Desmond got off the island. Desmond could have died, but he didn't, because he found a constant. So I don't think he will die soon. I don't think he will get back to the island, because he wants to go to Penny.
 So he will be with Kate, Sayid, Aaron, Hurley, Sun and Jack when they are found or get on land.
They made up a story, 8 survived and 2 died. Jin died. Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Jack, Kate and Aaron and Desmond survived. Where will you put Desmond otherwise? Who is he? Or how do they hide him?
I agree with Jin being one of the two that died.
As far as we know only Penny is looking for Des, so now that we know daddy Widmore owns the boat I would say that Des's fate is up in the air. He could just go home to Penny without ever being mentioned, if daddy lets him, or stay on the Island, or die on the Island.
I just don't think he would be one of the 6 or 8 due to the fact that he was not on the passanger manifest. Same goes for Juliet, she was not on the manifest and her sister thinks she is off at a job, or missing by now.
Just because there is only a Oceanic 6 this does not mean they are the only ones to survive. Maybe Ben gets Des and Juliet off the island, on second thought after last week I don't think he would let her go.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:09:55 PM by red255 »

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 09:32:52 PM »
In the coverup, Jin can't be one of the two that survived the crash but died later. The date on his tombstone was the crash date.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »
In the cover up, Jin can't be one of the two that survived the crash but died later. The date on his tombstone was the crash date.
in the investigation thread for the grave site, there is some talk of the dates, there are 3 dates Sun's birth, Jin's birth , and then the date of the crash. someone said that it could just be a memorial that was erected when the world thought everyone on the plane was was dead.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »
The on Island/ off Island debate will roll on, just to add my take - Desmond is now off the Island, wether he gets back 'home' is another matter, as is wether or not, and I believe not, he is one of the Oceanic 6.
Desmond got off the Island, almost died, found Pen (his constant) and is now, I believe, is more determined than ever to get 'home'. I cannot immagine him ever returning to the Island and going through the whole 'mind loss' scenario again.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26:27 PM »
Oceanic 6- Jack
                Kate
                Hurley
                Sayid
                Sun
            Micheal

i don't think the world knows that micheal got back yet so they will put him in this category. and i think that it is micheal in the coffin and nobody goes to see him bcause of all the things he did and the things he will do to get wwaaaaaalllllttttt... im stickin by this until i am proved wrong.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »
Oceanic 6- Jack
                Kate
                Hurley
                Sayid
                Sun
            Micheal

i don't think the world knows that micheal got back yet so they will put him in this category. and i think that it is micheal in the coffin and nobody goes to see him bcause of all the things he did and the things he will do to get wwaaaaaalllllttttt... im stickin by this until i am proved wrong.

Makes since to me.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »

in the investigation thread for the grave site, there is some talk of the dates, there are 3 dates Sun's birth, Jin's birth , and then the date of the crash. someone said that it could just be a memorial that was erected when the world thought everyone on the plane was was dead.

If he were dead and the date was wrong, Sun would have replaced the stone.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2008, 11:57:18 PM »
Gar & Hurley,

Mikey is still my first choice for coffin man. I doubt he's O6 though. He's already living under an assumed name. I'm guessing that'll continue.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »
If Michael is an oceanic 6, Walt died?