Author Topic: So Aaron IS one of the Oceanic Six  (Read 23381 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: So Aaron IS one of the Oceanic Six
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
True True Max, Mad Max if I may, If I  mayn't, I shan't again,

They blew it with the Mike surprise (on purpose?), so with all the debate about the lil' towhead, methinks they might just put that off for a bit, the resolving of it.

This following not directed at you Maxor, As for the the trash talking (done in the real, mean sort o' way) is done by idiots...serious dumba$$es...censor me, tell me that's mean, not to trash talk trash talkers, regardless, it's pretty lame, and at least people like Asmo and a few others are calling 'em on it, tis alright with me, fun's fun....

I like this place, a higher percentage of people here are cool (here at least ;D) and fun, and (yep two ands a word a comma and space apart) they help my near-sighted narcoleptic neurons understand this show that much better.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2008, 10:55:37 AM »
This is from Jeff Jensen's column today. THis does not make it true, just another voice of reason for all you resisting the FACT that Aaron is an Oceanic 6.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HATE LITTLE CHILDREN* SO MUCH?
*No, not the Kate Winslet movie I mean Aaron!

Last week in my recap of ''Ji Yeon,'' I declared that the mystery of the Oceanic 6 lineup was over. Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, and now Sun these are the castaways that wind up making it off the Island and shocking the world with the fact of their miraculous existence. You didn't need to be a fake doctor to make this quasi-brilliant diagnosis: the producers have told us in interviews over the past few weeks that by the end of episode 7, the O6 IDs would all be revealed and episode 7 was last week. So, mystery solved. Right?

Wrong! Some of you are convinced that the matter isn't resolved that twists await, that there's one and maybe even two more members of the O6 still to be revealed. Many of you suspect that Sayid isn't really part of the O6 team, even though he said he was Oceanic 6 right before he shot that Italian guy on the golf course. But since I don't think that Sayid could get away with lying about something like that the O6 are super-celebs, after all I believe he was telling the truth. I think you Sayid doubters are over-thinking this and I admire that, as over-thinking things is my bread and butter. (I , juggy, took one sentence out of this paragraph, because it could be considered a spoiler)

Then, there is Aaron. It seems a whole mess of you are just like flash-forward Jack: You can't quite accept the fact of Kate's so-called child. The argument against Aaron rests on the following two assertions:

1. Aaron was not a ticket-buying Oceanic 815 passenger, as he was still gestating inside Claire's tummy (or Kate's, per the O6 cover story), so no one in the outside world would reasonably include him among the Oceanic 6. The knee-jerk reactionary part of me wants to flame this stinky piece of overly literal thinking into smoky little embers. Seriously?! That minuscule inconsistency fries your logic grid?! Think this through: In the off-Island world, every single passenger on Oceanic 815 has been declared dead. Remember, that salvage vessel found the wreckage and 324 corpses at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Moreover, the video of this discovery was international news. EVERYONE saw those pictures. EVERYONE beheld the terrible reality of rotting airline passenger flesh. Now: Imagine the reaction when five of these passengers are subsequently discovered ALIVE and with a baby, no less! It's a killer story for the media, and speaking as a journalist, it just makes sense to me that the reporters who would tell that story would give this bunch of miracle people a punchy group name. And sorry, ''Oceanic 5 (Plus One)'' just doesn't have a good ring to it.

2. Aaron isn't Oceanic 6 because Kate's claim that Aaron is her baby wouldn't stand up to scrutiny. She wasn't pregnant before the flight, and if the Oceanic 6 leave the Island soon, that means she'll have only been missing for five months not enough time to bring a child into the world. Another common sense-challenged argument. The only person who could have possibly known that Kate wasn't pregnant prior to the crash was the now-dead marshal who nabbed her in Australia. But are wanted women immediately given pregnancy tests upon being captured? I doubt it. As for the rest of the argument, our sci-fi fixation of the moment, time travel, neatly nullifies it. Think about this: If the Oceanic 6 moves forward in time when they leave the Island like, say, one full year it gives Kate the extra months required to support her cover story.

There's a THIRD argument out there for why so many of you don't believe/don't want Aaron to be one of the Oceanic 6, but it's an argument that most of you are too ashamed to voice. I say most, because there is at least one reader who's got enough stones to give this shockingly unsentimental and possibly even hideously inhuman sentiment public voice. His name is Christopher Lastrapes, and this past week, he wrote to say:

''Part of me just doesn't want to accept it's Aaron mainly because I really don't care about Aaron. [Emphasis mine.] So I'm still trying to figure out who it might be. Maybe Ben is assuming the identity of someone on the plane. He certainly has the means, and might be able to find someone on the flight who had little or no connections in the world. Or now, maybe Michael. I just don't want to call this case closed just yet.''

Chris, I admire your frank baby-hating honesty. But it's time you and the rest of your Aaron-denying kind face facts: The kid is Oceanic 6. And the mystery is settled.

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
As for whether Aaron is one of the six: You guys are thinking about this from the wrong perspective.

Imagine these six people (including Aaron) being rescued, found alive. Amazing news story! Where did the term "Oceanic Six" come from? Most likely some news person coined the phrase. Now, logically, wouldn't they just smoothly dump Aaron into a group of six people who were *technically* on that plane as the Oceanic Six? There's no way a news person would dub the group the Oceanic Six and then have to tack on something like "Plus the Kid."

No, the logical way these things happen is that someone coined the phrase based on HOW MANY PEOPLE GOT OFF THE RESCUE VEHICLE. That would include six people and therefore would include Aaron. No one would bother to get picky about things like that while coining a phrase for the media. It would kinda ruin the whole "catchy phrase" thing to have to tack on a P.S. about Aaron.

.... Which, BTW, leads me to believe that Ben got off the island some other way ... sneakily and undetected. And I think it's him in the coffin, a fitting end that the producers KNOW we would all want by now.

THis is how it will happen.

I agree with this . . . I wasn't buying the whole "Aaron is part of the Oceanic 6" theory, but at this point, I don't think we have any information that leads us to believe the sixth is anyone else other than Aaron.  I mean, how could it be Michael.  Michael got off of the island and changed identities, partly to help out the people on the island for one reason or another.  Now, the way I see it is that even though he was working for Ben or with Ben or whatever you want to call it,  he still took an alternate identity off of the island.  If he were to come back and confirm that he was on Oceanic 815,  red flags would raise.  Let's say theoretically all the freighter people end up dying somehow . . . I can't imagine that they would be the only people in the world who have encountered Michael as "Kevin Johnson".  I mean, if for whatever reason Michael made it to Mainland anywhere off the island, he would have had to come in contact with at least SOME people who knew him as Kevin Johnson.  Quite possibly even Widmore himself to get his little janitorial gig on the freighter.  So, he couldn't conceivably come off of as one of the Oceanic 6 with his real name at the chance that someone will recognize him and blow the whole story or whole cover of whatever everyone is hiding back at the island.  It would be a huge risk and could possibly blow the whole cover up story completely out of the water.  I don't think Michael is one of the 6.  I didn't really believe at first that Aaron would be, but I don't think we have any other viable candidates to fill that 6th spot other than Aaron at this point. 

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »
The fork has many tines, some are running off in the direction against his o6 status...passes time...though as was purported elsewhere, theorizing, overanlayzing :o, and speculation are running rampant...draw a card, follow a path, gather evi-d, and report back to your handlers....

F. Bacon

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »
About podcasts, The Powerful Bees, Spoilers and all that....

Last season the Bee's got stung hard when their really supercool idea of flashforwards made it into the spoiler world with such impact that those of us, not even looking for spoilers, knew what was coming.

Therefore I would suggest that it is not beyond them to protect themselves from such future devestation as to intentionally leak false information...

As well...I rarely hear a podcast, I generally end up reading a transcript.  Nonetheless, and I only say nonetheless because I like typing it.  Nonetheless, what I have noticed in said transcripts is this.  The directness vs the avoidance.  Here be the examples. 

Sometimes a "bracelet is just a bracelet."  When everyone saw Elsa's bracelet in Sayid's FF, the theories began flying about the connection to Naomi.   Fact is, as explained extremely specifically by the Powerful Bees, is that there is absolutely no connection, they didn't realize that such theorizing would begin, and it is going nowhere.  Therefore, put a stop to it.  Period.

On the other hand, you have four fingers and a thumb, and this thought...when people get too close to a possibility, the Bees hee and haw and joke and maybe, could be, joke joke and guide themselves around it.  Such is the case with Aaron as the 6th.  Maybe, could be, lets see how people react, might want to take it further.  yada yada blah blah.

So do we have the point made?  Direct answers....somebody screwed up.  Avoidance...hmmm maybe could be you're probably right but we don't want to admit that you got there prematurely.

I'm, just saying....

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
I believe tonight confirmed the oceanic 6
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2008, 02:04:57 AM »
In the previews for April, They spelled it out for us!!!!  each one of the oceanic 6.( Unless they are playing with us.again.)
they actually gave us an answer in a preview?! Is that not weird?

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: I believe tonight confirmed the oceanic 6
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2008, 02:14:19 AM »
methinks they just wanted us (the collective lost-o-sphere) to just shut up and stop arguing about it....but I don't wanna!!!

Hey, There's a Burger King commercial on right now, KELVIN is in it!!!!!
He's disguised as a construction worker!!!! Somebody alert BlackRockBob!!!!

F. Bacon

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
O6 confirmed in episode preview
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2008, 02:28:26 AM »
Thank you to TPTB for confirming the O6.  In case you didn't see it the preview showed all 6 member of the O6 and it was:

Jack
Kate
Hurley
Sayid
Aaron and
Sun

finally we can stop the stupid Aaron doesn't count discussions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2008, 02:48:13 AM »
methinks they just wanted us (the collective lost-o-sphere) to just shut up and stop arguing about it....but I don't wanna!!!

I agree. sometimes we all look to deep into things (But that is what happends when you (TPTB) play games with us. We don't trust what we see. and i could imagine TPTB getting frustrated with that / us . That might mean they would have to waste precious story time reiterating something that we should have already known. So they did it in a preview. Bravo to them!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
Re: O6 confirmed in episode preview
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2008, 03:40:18 AM »
funny, i posted the same thing on the first page! Isn't it great?! I said in my thread, that I  figured they didn't want to have to waste precious film time/ story time, reiterating what they thought we already should have known.So they did it like that. I am so glade they did , and before the hiatus too.  I feel like we are getting so many answers this season.

(*this thread was merged, i didn't double post)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:34:45 PM by Mrs Hume »

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2008, 04:41:28 AM »
OK. i owe Juggy somthing. *bow* *bow* *bow*. Damn i wish i was right.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »

Hey, There's a Burger King commercial on right now, KELVIN is in it!!!!!
He's disguised as a construction worker!!!! Somebody alert BlackRockBob!!!!

Klevin is schilling Whoppers? I'm suddenly starving.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2008, 09:16:30 AM »
I don't think Aaron is an O6. Jack tells in the Kate Trial there were 8 survivors. And 2 died. So I'm guessing Claire is one of the fake dead ones. Leaving 6 people BESIDES Aaron out.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2008, 10:09:43 AM »
I don't think Aaron is an O6. Jack tells in the Kate Trial there were 8 survivors. And 2 died. So I'm guessing Claire is one of the fake dead ones. Leaving 6 people BESIDES Aaron out.

Aaaaaaagh!  Stop it already!  Yes, Claire could still be one of the two who die, but they said right on the preview that now we know who the Oceanic 6 are as they flashed the six faces, including Aaron, complete with the dramatic background sounds for effect.  The kid is one of them!  Enough!  If I hear one more argument against this, I'm going to drive myself into the nearest cargo container!   >:(                                ;D

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »
I agree. Confirmed.