Author Topic: Widmore vs. Ben  (Read 3281 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Widmore vs. Ben
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
If Widmore is at war with Ben, is Hanso then funding Ben?

-Is it really Widmore vs. Hanso?

-Did Widmore want The Black Rock diary to use against the Island, Ben, & Hanso?

-Who was the phone bidder at the auction? Was Ben trying to spend his Swiss francs?

-I can never tell who is under whose pay either. Who is working for who? or is everyone playing both sides.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore vs. Ben
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »
I think they represent the two factions of Hanso.

Ben is with the break-off faction led by Mittelwerk on the mainland who exiled Alvar to Norway and took over Hanso operations.  Ben was their man on the island.

Widmore is Alvar's cohort.

I think.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Something like this...

Widmore and Hanso start Hanso foundation in Widmore headquarters.
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore

Hanso starts up DHARMA Initiative.
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Alvar_Hanso

Something happens between Widmore and Hanso. Maybe a purge? Hanso is replaced by Mittelwerk.
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Thomas_Werner_Mittelwerk

Perhaps Hanso had more peaceful intentions and was unwilling to allow unethical practices under his watch so Widmore replaced him with someone more unscrupulous, like Mittelwerk. The question is, who does Ben pledge allegiance to? Hanso or Mittelwerk.
Did Ben purge Hanso's DHARMA workers and ally himself with Mittelwerk?
Or did Mittelwerk get hired to deal with Ben's hostile actions?

Anyone care to shed a little light?
Mittelwerk could be Elsa's economist.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
Widmore is behind Hanso, along with Pak. THey are trying to reclaim the island after Ben Purged all of the Dharma initiative.

So it is Widmore/Pak/Hanso against Ben and some unknown financial baking. That would be whoever was helping Alpert before Ben joined them.

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
Whose to say somebody was helping Alpert?  Maybe they were just living the good life running around in the island wearing dirty pirate clothes.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
Whose to say somebody was helping Alpert?  Maybe they were just living the good life running around in the island wearing dirty pirate clothes.
It is based on no concrete information. Just a wild theory thorwn out there for the fun of it.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »
Widmore is behind Hanso, along with Pak. THey are trying to reclaim the island after Ben Purged all of the Dharma initiative.

So it is Widmore/Pak/Hanso against Ben and some unknown financial baking. That would be whoever was helping Alpert before Ben joined them.

I'm thinking Widmore/Paik are against Hanso now. Hence the bidding for the Black rock journal.
Who is Ben's unknown financial backer?
Wasn't Alpert at Mittelwerk when he lured Juliet? How can Mittelwerk be working for Widmore and simultaneously aid Ben/Jacob's recruitment?

Think i'm getting more confused...

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »

I'm thinking Widmore/Paik are against Hanso now. Hence the bidding for the Black rock journal.
Wasn't Alpert at Mittelwerk when he lured Juliet? How can Mittelwerk be working for Widmore and simultaneously aid Ben/Jacob's recruitment?

I think you are confused.

Alpert claimed to be working for Mittelos Bioscience, maybe Mittelos and Mittelwerk are related somehow, but i doubt it.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

I think you are confused.

Alpert claimed to be working for Mittelos Bioscience, maybe Mittelos and Mittelwerk are related somehow, but i doubt it.

Whoa.  I feel like the writers are feeding us the connection.  I think Mittelwerk overthrew Dharma on the mainland and in conjunction Ben overthrew Dharma on the island.  I think Widmore is against their faction.