Author Topic: the Purge, take 2...  (Read 14439 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: the Purge, take 2...
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
Smokey has only made his presence in the form of dead people.

I have recalled Smokey only appearing as dead people or animals.

not to get all technical on your or anything, but smokey has appeared differently then just dead people or animals

how about as SMOKEY himself

i'm not sold on the him appearing as Yemi, Christian just yet, i have this small belief its just a "figment of the imagination" to them

however, i contradict myself when i tell my theory that smokey reports to jacob and that was smokey as christian when hurley came up on the cabin hahahahaha

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Smokey is Eloise and back for revenge.
I still can't get over Ben controlling Smokey or Ben having anything to do with Smokey. Everything we hear from Ben when asked by Locke about the smoke is, "I don't know what your talking about."
Smokey yes can become a puff of smoke or become a massive cloud of smoke, but turning into people and animals?

I'm getting a headache from this Smokey talk about it being so an so..... :-\

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »
I still can't get over Ben controlling Smokey or Ben having anything to do with Smokey. Everything we hear from Ben when asked by Locke about the smoke is, "I don't know what your talking about."
Smokey yes can become a puff of smoke or become a massive cloud of smoke, but turning into people and animals?

Lost-N-Detroit, you need to open your eyes. In one episode in season II, Smokey manifested as Ben.

Ben Affleck, that is.

Okay, I'll stop. It's just been a long, long day.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
Lost-N-Detroit, you need to open your eyes. In one episode in season II, Smokey manifested as Ben.

Ben Affleck, that is.

Okay, I'll stop. It's just been a long, long day.
[/quote]

HA! It's been to long a work day here also. My mind starts thinking really bad ideas that have nothing to do with LOST.    ;D

Offline birdgirljess

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »
Hi there,  new to the forum, but not to Lost or Sledgeweb.

Personally, I just think this was just like Harper and Juliet said, Ben's continued manipulation of the island, the people and the events on the island.

He is still trying to control Juliet and I definitely think there's a whole Oedipus thing going on there.

And Charlotte and Daniel are not good guys.  What make Daniel appear good is that he is motivated by discoveris and mysteries and does what he is told or paid to do.  Charlotte is evil. :o

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
There are tunnels aren't there?  Didn't Ben and Juliet get to the Question Mark station (sorry brain fart, can't remember the real name) through a tunnel or something?

Offline birdgirljess

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
It seems to me that the whispers have been whispered by dead people, but that Smokey has appeared as smokey, but there were images in Smokey when he appeared to Mr. Ecko. 

I don't think the creators of Lost had really determined what they wanted Smokey to be and made him several things: scary eating monster (that can't break throug Banyon trees), killer of the pilot/co-pilot dude at the beginning, carrier of spirits, and reflector of past mistakes and missteps to the survivors.

The whispers have been Walt, Hurley's buddy, Jack's dad, Shannon? etc.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »

same page bro, same page!!

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
everything in this thread is true except for the first post LOL

no offense fieldy
It's amazing the misconceptions that some take away from the show.  It's almost like they're watching a different show.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 03:59:35 PM »
Charlotte and Dan are still lying. But then again, who isn't? I mean, if they were doing such a good deed why not tell everybody?
I don't understand why the Losties are buying their lies. Why don't they ask them what exactly are they here for? And if mr. nice guy doesn't work, maybe Locke's truth serum (the mouth grenade) isn't such a bad ideea after all.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
This I don't agree with.  Dan and C.S. (as I prefer to call her) are telling the truth.  They didn't let the Losties in on what they were doing because why should they have to take a consensus as to who believes Ben or not?  Apparently they are the ones on the freighter mission who might actually have some good-doing up their sleeves.  Frank is a bit of a mishap, Miles is a mercenary.  But I thought this episode showing Dan and C.S. working together in spite of difficult odds was to lead us believe in their version of things.  We have to agree that rendering inert a fatal chemical reaction Ben had cooking was a good thing.  I'm glad the deed is done!

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »
But who says Ben was coocking a chemical reaction? It's just a supposition. And I don't see why they had to run and knock out Kate when they could have just explained the whole thing to Jack & co and they could have gone together.

Plus, did you see how Charlotte aimed for Juliet's head with the lead pipe? That hit could have been fatal. It looks to me that the mission, whatever it is, is far more important then the lives of our losties.

I think Charlotte knows more ten Dan, because Dan really seems like a good guy, and you can see when he has a moral dilemma. But C.S. never wants to disclose any info to the losties, so I'm guessing there is a reason for that - the plan cannot be given away to the people on the island.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
Right.  Why should she complicate things by explaining things to a bunch of people who only want to leave?  Her job is to de-neutralize Ben.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »
Sorry didn't read all replies if this is said already.

Ben can kill everyone on island if he wanted to, he has gas masks in his house secret room I would guess(he is exactly where he wants to be) The others are in the Temple with a fresh supplie of masks as well. So now there will only be the others once again.

Offline fieldy32

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
everything in this thread is true except for the first post LOL

no offense fieldy

ha, yeah, i figured. I basically missed the entire scene due to my roommate not shutting up.  i'm about to rewatch the episode and i'm sure it'll be much clearer for me this time.