Author Topic: Bens secret room and John Locke...??  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Lost Junkie

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Bens secret room and John Locke...??
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:22:33 PM »
Just thinking of this now because of Locke's has been expressing SO much interest in Ben and what he is up to, so much that he agreed to let Ben go free just for some information.

I seem to remember Locke holding a gun to Sayid as he was running out of Ben's secret little room.  So I am curious WHY Locke did not investigate that room or if he did is not asking Ben about anything that he found in there (money, passports etc..)  Seems very odd to me.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Bens secret room and John Locke...??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »
yeah seems extremely odd to me that he would even let ben out of his sight to be honest.

Offline fieldy32

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
I thought the same exact thing when I watched this scene. Why the hell wouldn't Locke check that room out... hell, why wouldn't anyone want to check that room out.  I bet more than half the Others would have wanted to see that room.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »
Locke has unfocused tunnel vision right now.  I doubt he even noticed the scratches in the floor.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »
We don't know what Ben told Locke. It must be good for him to allow Ben to walk free. Also, Locke is going to have some explaining to do to the rest of our Losties!

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 06:29:20 PM »
Also when Hurley and Sawyer saw him walking to that house wouldnt they imediately think something bad has happened to Locke we should RUN over there and find out what happened?  They would have assumed an escape and not that Locke just let him go, especially after all that has been going on.  Heck both Sawyer and Locke have come close to shooting him on the spot in recent episodes.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 09:27:48 AM »
We don't know what Ben told Locke. It must be good for him to allow Ben to walk free. Also, Locke is going to have some explaining to do to the rest of our Losties!
This may be evidence that "Taller Walt" is Ben's man on the boat! Who else would Locke follow? And Michael, who would probably want Ben dead and help the Boaties, is the best cover for Walt!

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
yeah seems extremely odd to me that he would even let ben out of his sight to be honest.

One more example of Ben's ability to manipulate Locke to no end.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
Locke needs to wake up and smell the bacon, i mean rabbit. Ben is controlling him like crazy. like he said himself, "I always have a plan". that should have tipped Locke off.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »
Speakin' of smelling the rabbit, Locke better figure out how to do a better job conserving the rabbits and chickens before they run out of food.

Offline Gmonkey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
whose to say that locke didn't look through the room and get a whole lot of answers and is just playing dumb with ben to test him. I believe that regardless of what appears to be happening that locke actually has the upper hand atm.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »
did anyone notice that there was only a video in the safe at first and then he walks over there and pulls out the folder too.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
Oops!  ;)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 09:56:47 AM »
did anyone notice that there was only a video in the safe at first and then he walks over there and pulls out the folder too.
I did - then I rewatched and saw the folder there but with it's spine towards the back so you only saw the white edges of the paper against the white inside of the safe....

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
Good catch, Diz!