Author Topic: Widmore on video  (Read 8160 times)

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore on video
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
What upside down bike?? I missed that.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »
What upside down bike?? I missed that.

It was spliced into the Orchid video.  Also had Hanso's building & Jacob luvs you spliced too.

I detoxed form the spoilers.  I used to read everything I could find.  It's a better ride when you're flying blind.  ;)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »
I'm wondering what it was that the guy did that upset Widmore so much that he personally beat the crap out of the guy.  Is it possible that Widmore discovered that information regarding the freighter was leaked to Ben?  And, how is it that the person videotaping the beat-down knew to be there at that precise time and location?  And, how is it that the video got back to Ben?  Did Charles actually let the person get away?  Would Charles have really been there alone which would give the person recording this a greater chance of getting away?

One event, many questions... welcome to the wonder that is Lost.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
That's exactly, though not in your words, what I asked.  See page 1, item 1

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »
That's exactly, though not in your words, what I asked.  See page 1, item 1
Sorry, I did read your post.  I guess I started typing and then one thought led into another without making sure I wasn't repeating something that was already said/asked.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
I do it all the time...no probs.

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »
That is an interesting take about the tape.  It has to be bad writing or Ben just put a b.s. label saying Red Sux on it. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »
I think the video was real, but Ben's take was a complete fabrication.  Widmore beat up Ben's man, yes.  But Widmore is not after the money the island could bring him.  We have seen Widmore interested in great men and courage.  This is not a money grubber.  Ben's a liar.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »
The video that Juliet made asking Jack to kill Ben, she called To Kill a Mockingbird.    We never saw any scenes from the movie, however.

I'm thinking they threw in the Red Sox reference to indicate that Ben had acquired the info AFTER he showed Jack that tape.  Remember when Ben took Juliet to the Flame to show her Rachel & Julian?  Richard seemed to be recording her without her knowledge, & the feed was sent to Patchy.  While it may have not been by Richard, I'm thinking this was captured the same way.

btw- what's up with Widmore laying the smackdown anyhow?  At least have some class & send a "message" like Daddy Paik does!  sheesh.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 03:54:08 PM »
The fact that C dubya (W) looked right up and didn't send react;either by sending or pointing to the camera, makes me believe that he knew it and this was staged.  Not convinced that Ben and Widmore are partners in this charade.  Did Ben turn on C Dubya and that is why the deployed a team? 

Of course these are the answers we are awaiting for! 

When you look up the word duplicitous you will see Benjamin Linus in the Dharma/LOST dictionary!

We know Ben killed his own Father, the Dharma team members that were there and now after knowing all of this we are going to believe his video tape!   :'(

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »
The fact that C dubya (W) looked right up and didn't send react;either by sending or pointing to the camera, makes me believe that he knew it and this was staged.  Not convinced that Ben and Widmore are partners in this charade.  Did Ben turn on C Dubya and that is why the deployed a team? 

Of course these are the answers we are awaiting for! 

When you look up the word duplicitous you will see Benjamin Linus in the Dharma/LOST dictionary!

We know Ben killed his own Father, the Dharma team members that were there and now after knowing all of this we are going to believe his video tape!   :'(

Not me, nuh, uh, I don't believe him a bit.  :)

Welcome, Lost in Lock!

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
That is an interesting take about the tape.  It has to be bad writing or Ben just put a b.s. label saying Red Sux on it. 

Red Sux... I LOVE IT

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »
I've been thinking about this video tape.

#1 Ben says "I taped over it"  Did he mean that literally?  He himself taped over it?

#2 The Red Sux tape was shown to Jack a day or two after The Swan blew up and the others lost communication with the outside world because of the EMP.

What I'm trying to get at is, if Ben taped over the '04 world series tape he had to left the island after the EMP or at least gotten the tape from somebody else after the EMP.  If this is correct Ben does have a communication and can leave the island when ever he leaves.

Somebody said it earlier... gotta be THE ORCHID STATION.

dizzyb

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
i can't wait to find out who gets to see that orientation video and how it gets into the series... i mean it has to right? they can't leave that just for us addicted lostaholics and not share it with the 'normal tv viewing public'

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
i can't wait to find out who gets to see that orientation video and how it gets into the series... i mean it has to right? they can't leave that just for us addicted lostaholics and not share it with the 'normal tv viewing public'

If they do, I will bring them much pain.