Author Topic: Widmore on video  (Read 7823 times)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Widmore on video
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:12:20 PM »
So Ben breaks out a video tape, that somehow wasn't erased during the EMP of the Swan, of Chuck Widmore and henchmen undoubtedly killing one of his men.
Coincidently, he has another one of his men hidden away filming the entire scene.  Annie, Richard, who knows?

So, I think he probably set up man #1 as a sacrifice so that man #2 could tape it.  Blackmail would be the motive.  Send Chuck a copy with a short note saying back off or I'll turn this in to Interpol (or whoever).

That's if the person filming escaped.  Ole Chuck looked RIGHT AT THE CAMERA.  I doubt he'd want a witness.

Thoughts?

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore on video
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »
So Ben breaks out a video tape, that somehow wasn't erased during the EMP of the Swan, of Chuck Widmore and henchmen undoubtedly killing one of his men.
Coincidently, he has another one of his men hidden away filming the entire scene.  Annie, Richard, who knows?

So, I think he probably set up man #1 as a sacrifice so that man #2 could tape it.  Blackmail would be the motive.  Send Chuck a copy with a short note saying back off or I'll turn this in to Interpol (or whoever).

That's if the person filming escaped.  Ole Chuck looked RIGHT AT THE CAMERA.  I doubt he'd want a witness.

Thoughts?

Well if it was taped over the Red Sox tape he showed Jack when he was trying to convince him to do the back surgery, it would have been made after Swan implosion.

Regarding the other point, the tape did seem a bit convenient, even the way it and possible a setup (or just a plot device)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »
Well if it was taped over the Red Sox tape he showed Jack when he was trying to convince him to do the back surgery, it would have been made after Swan implosion.

Regarding the other point, the tape did seem a bit convenient, even the way it and possible a setup (or just a plot device)

Yeah but after the EMP they lost all outside communication.  He would have had to leave the island to tape it, which is also possible.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »
It was in a metal safe, not affected by the emp.

Who knows, could just be bad writing.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »
Could be.  I figured it to be the same tape he took and showed Jack at the Hydra.  If so it might have been on that island already.  Dunno?

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 02:32:59 PM »
I'm thinking Ben shot that video himself.  Got a call from one of his henchmen, went to check it out.

As for the erasing...   Juggy's right, either the metal safe saved it, it's bad writing or New Otherton is far away that it wasn't affected.

As for the lack of communication... I don't buy it, Cooper magically showed up after the swan blew up.   Bens got a way off and on and he can use it whenever he wants.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »
I'm thinking that's gonna be the Orchid.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:44:49 PM »
Who was riding the bicycle upside down, that's what I wanna know!

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
Background Extra.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 02:57:01 PM »
Background Extra.

You mean a gravity-defying background extra!!

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
It's the island's casimir effect.  :D

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
I could be wrong, but didn't Juliet record over the Red Sox game to begin with during the episode where Jack was locked up?  From what I recall, Juliet filmed herself holding signs saying not to trust Ben and stuff like that (it's been a while, I can't really remember what all of the signs said), and then played it for Jack so that he would be aware of the situation he was in.  So if Ben ended up with the tape, I am thinking the surveillance of Widmore had to have been after that. 

On another note, that poses another problem.  If Ben does have the same tape that Juliet recorded those messages on, that could be a problem.  The whole episode "The Other Woman" centered around Juliet's affair with Goodwin and Ben's obsession with her.  He obviously purposely sent Goodwin out in the field cause he knew he would get caught and probably murdered.  At the end, Juliet made the statement about Ben coming after Jack if he finds out how she feels about Jack.  But if Ben has the same tape that she recorded those messages, then he probably already knows.   I know Ben is not in any position to do anything to Jack at this point, but maybe in the future??   

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
great posts....good ideas flowing here :). I thought that the video she showed Jack she said was "It's a wonderful Life" ...did I totally make that up in my head or did she actually say that? I don't know where to find that information out or if it even matters. She could have said any movie title and still used that Sox tape with her message recorded on it....I was thinking the same thing about "Uh oh now Ben saw that message" She wanted Jack to kill him...not a very sweet gesture. As fo who filmed the video I DOUBT that it was Ben..Ben never does anything for himself..he has too many sheep to do all the dirty work for him. Do we know when this tape was filmed. Could it be his "spy" on the boat ...could it be Michael? And like someone else said did that person even survie since Widmore looked at the camera right as it went off. The thing that really gets me is that Ben said he always has a plan. Which means that every single thing he does is for another reason. He has back ups upon back ups for getting himself out of trouble.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
I was really hoping Widmore wasn't the main guy behind the scenes. I like to be blown away by plot twist, I have to stop comming here so I will be surprised again. You people are too smart, or you put out so many theories that 1 has to be right.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
I think that if I didnt do extra research on this show it would totally suck. I wouldn't know half of the things that are going on. I would indeed be LOST.