Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 13655 times)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »
dont think that the box is real, just another metaphor used by Ben to confuse Locke. by the way, the end of the episode was hilarious, when Ben told Sawyer and Hurley that he would see them at dinner :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »
If the whisper transcripts are to be believed at all and aren't just fake easter eggs, I'd say the whispers are dead people.
Dead or "mostly dead" people.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »
Jacob draws from someone's memory and presents an image known to that person in order to convey a msg to them.
I've liked this idear to explain the appearances of the people AFTER the whispers.  I believe that the whispers themselves are a result of a door being opened by this process and are not produced by the same cause.  In other words, it's like a remnant.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
Jacob draws from someone's memory and presents an image known to that person in order to convey a msg to them.
I've liked this idear to explain the appearances of the people AFTER the whispers.  I believe that the whispers themselves are a result of a door being opened by this process and are not produced by the same cause.  In other words, it's like a remnant.
Wouldn't it be more like a 'cause and effect' than a remnant?  i.e, 'other world' gets opened to let Harper through to communicate to Juliet, and when that door gets opened, the sounds of the people behind the door escape out into this world.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
If the "things" that we see are indeed Jacob, then maybe the sounds aren't whispers at all, but the sound of Jacob reading through peoples memories to figure out what he should appear as.   

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »
Funny how it seemed to scan Juliet (flashes) when she was with Kate.  Like it had never seen her before, when we know she's been there at least 3 years.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
Well, she's been inside that sonic fence the vast majority of the time....

dizzyb

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
and smokie has had no reason to scan her before now... I mean not everyone has seen smokie - only a select few... not because they found smokie or just stumbled across it... Smokie actively seeks thos it wants to scan. For what reason and for what outcome is still in the minds of tptb.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »
Well, she's been inside that sonic fence the vast majority of the time....

As far as we know, so far.  SHe hasn't exactly been forthcoming about everything she knows.  I don't trust her.  BURN HER...SHE'S A WITCH!  :o

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:23 PM »
I dunno, Dizzy, it could be that part of Smokie's job is to scan about everybody it comes across. Hard to say at this point.

dizzyb

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »
I dunno, Dizzy, it could be that part of Smokie's job is to scan about everybody it comes across. Hard to say at this point.
there's been so many jungle expeditions by our losties though.. you would think they would all be coming back to camp with smokie stories....

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
Well, that's a point. Sayid in particular has traveled far and wide. You'd think he'd've had an encounter by now, so maybe you're right! Or maybe Smokie just doesn't come out all that often.

dizzyb

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 07:53:29 PM »
hot press::: this just in... one of the whispers has been translated as follows.....

"Monsters out dere, leakin in here, all sinkin an no power? When are yousa tinkin wesa in trouble?! "

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »
hot press::: this just in... one of the whispers has been translated as follows.....

"Monsters out dere, leakin in here, all sinkin an no power? When are yousa tinkin wesa in trouble?! "

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NOOOOOOOO!  That's worse than Ewoks!  :-[

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NOOOOOOOO!  That's worse than Ewoks!  :-[

next thing you know we'll have Jawas running around trying to salvage blown up equipment from the hatch... :)