Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 13568 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Whispers
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
not sure if this was brought up yet, as i have yet to look thru the threads

but i'm wondering if the whispers are some sort of transportation device

any thoughts on this after what we saw last night?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »
Seems that "things" do appear when the rain and whispers come. Walt comes to mind of course.
But I always kind of thought about the whispers being part of the unseen study theory. Which excuse me I would have to go way back to a posted thread on. but that back in the day there was an idea of setting up a study where the researchers of the study could not be seen. Or to some point there of....
Or then does that mean some of Ben's people can use some sort of transportation "GIZMO"? Would this lead into Walt being special?

I would like to get some audio played backwards to hear what the voices were saying.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
Just like when Richard appeared to lil Ben.

Offline Lost_viewer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
not sure if this was brought up yet, as i have yet to look thru the threads

but i'm wondering if the whispers are some sort of transportation device

any thoughts on this after what we saw last night?

I totally agree with you on that.Maybe they are linked to the Temple?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
Just like when Richard appeared to lil Ben.

oooooo good point!!! forgot about that

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
anyone have the audio backwards for this yet?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:59:14 PM »
I think I know what the voices were finally saying to Juliet.

"You have 30 mins. *ding dong* Dominos!"       ;D

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
I think one of them played  backwards said, "I'm ****-ing Matt Damon."

I'm not good with these, though.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 04:57:52 PM »
I was thinking that maybe the whispers were in each person's head and that they were a result of maybe Jacob reading their minds.  Jacob draws from someone's memory and presents an image known to that person in order to convey a msg to them.  The sudden appearance and disappearance supports the idea that they're nothing more than images... images that can be shared by more than one person obviously since Jack was able to see Harper.

I think it was Jacob giving Juliette instructions but stating that it is Ben who wants the deed done because it has to be someone who Juliette would listen to.  We've no evidence that Ben has psychic abilities so how could Harper have been instructed to find Juliette (at a specific location and time in the pouring rain in the middle of the jungle) while being confined by Locke.  The whispers seem to occur just before people or things appear so, IMO, it must be Jacob getting stuff done.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
I was thinking that maybe the whispers were in each person's head and that they were a result of maybe Jacob reading their minds.  Jacob draws from someone's memory and presents an image known to that person in order to convey a msg to them.  The sudden appearance and disappearance supports the idea that they're nothing more than images... images that can be shared by more than one person obviously since Jack was able to see Harper.

I think it was Jacob giving Juliette instructions but stating that it is Ben who wants the deed done because it has to be someone who Juliette would listen to.  We've no evidence that Ben has psychic abilities so how could Harper have been instructed to find Juliette (at a specific location and time in the pouring rain in the middle of the jungle).  The whispers seem to occur just before people or things appear so, IMO, it must be Jacob getting stuff done.

interesting, very interesting!

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
So then Shaky would it be similar to Hurley seeing Charlie? It was similar in fashion when Harper confronts Juliet as Hurley and Charlie just no whispers.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
So then Shaky would it be similar to Hurley seeing Charlie? It was similar in fashion when Harper confronts Juliet as Hurley and Charlie just no whispers.
Nah.. Hurley's just nuts. ;)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 05:20:33 PM »

I think it was Jacob giving Juliette instructions but stating that it is Ben who wants the deed done because it has to be someone who Juliette would listen to.  We've no evidence that Ben has psychic abilities so how could Harper have been instructed to find Juliette (at a specific location and time in the pouring rain in the middle of the jungle) while being confined by Locke.  The whispers seem to occur just before people or things appear so, IMO, it must be Jacob getting stuff done.

Yes, Jacob or the Smoky guy, or if they're one in the same, then them...No way did Ben Send the Priscilla Presley look alike out there....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
I think one of them played  backwards said, "I'm ****-ing Matt Damon."

I'm not good with these, though.

Wait Beann I have it finally. It says, " I'm F'N Ben Aflack"

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile