Author Topic: Charlotte Lewis ... how does she know???  (Read 11701 times)

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Lewis ... how does she know???
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 06:16:21 AM »
I think Charlotte has to be late-20's since she has her PhD, so probably not likely she's Annie's daughter.  Though it's not impossible, of course.

I love the idea that Charlotte been to the Island before - seems like all the clues are pointing to it.  Great post, JF!

Charlotte could have been studying the four toed people/species??

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say Charlotte's been on the Island, though it's possible of course. I think it's more likely she lost a loved one in the purge and got her knowledge of the Island through that loved one.

Shoeless, if she were on the Island before, she'd have to've been a kid. She still might have been fascinated by the four toed critters, but she wouldn't have been studying them the way she could now.

Offline Buddhism

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 02:18:06 PM »
My big question about Charlotte is why send an Archaeologist?

Well, tbh, She seemed pretty efficient in her job of getting Daniel to the Tempest...

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »

Well, tbh, She seemed pretty efficient in her job of getting Daniel to the Tempest...

personal guide by way of archeology?

either she has personal past history of some sort, or someone has said she was a cultural (?) archeologist...

what assignment was she on to go straight to the collar on that polar bear in her flash back?
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »

personal guide by way of archeology?

either she has personal past history of some sort, or someone has said she was a cultural (?) archeologist...

what assignment was she on to go straight to the collar on that polar bear in her flash back?

I have wondered if she wasn't here to study what ever culture the three toed statue came from, I think we were told that the statue would be explained this season.

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 06:54:54 AM »
Shoeless, if she were on the Island before, she'd have to've been a kid. She still might have been fascinated by the four toed critters, but she wouldn't have been studying them the way she could now.

Yes, LAS, that was what I intended to ask ... that she might be there to study the four-toed whazzits.  I had mistakenly believed that she was an archaeologist, but since she's a cultural anthropologist, hmmmm  :-\

* carries on walking in circles, now even more baffled and confused *

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 04:35:26 PM »
Widmore is Dharma. His organization is behind Dharma and wants the island back. he would know that Ben killed everyone.

I was totally on board with this theory till "the constant", now I don't know... doesn't seem to make sense.

In Bad Twin the Hanso foundation and Windmore Industries had offices in the same building in NYC along with Paik Heavy Industris and were all familiar with each others business.  I realize Bad Twin is non canon material but in theory it would be a good theory.  Hanso/Dharma has this mysterious island, Hanso won't tell Widmore anything about it, Widmore becomes obsessed, eventually finds the journal and can finally try to get the island and steal it from Hanso.

Just a thought

I've got that book, need to read it some time....

I was trying to figure out where Ben came up with his funds and resources since he is at war with Widmore. Widmore vs. Hanso makes sense. Widmore funds the freighter and Hanso funds Ben.  But then why would Hanso continue funding the DHARMA initiatve if Ben had purged all of their employees. That seems like grounds for termination.

As for Charlotte, Four-toed people, ancient civilizations (i.e. Richard & the ruins), and mass graves are good enough reasons to employ an archeologist, sorry cultural anthropologist.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:05:07 PM by matahari »

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »
Widmore is Dharma. His organization is behind Dharma and wants the island back. he would know that Ben killed everyone.

I was totally on board with this theory till "the constant", now I don't know... doesn't seem to make sense.

In Bad Twin the Hanso foundation and Windmore Industries had offices in the same building in NYC along with Paik Heavy Industris and were all familiar with each others business.  I realize Bad Twin is non canon material but in theory it would be a good theory.  Hanso/Dharma has this mysterious island, Hanso won't tell Widmore anything about it, Widmore becomes obsessed, eventually finds the journal and can finally try to get the island and steal it from Hanso.

Just a thought

I've got that book, need to read it some time....

I was trying to figure out where Ben came up with his funds and resources since he is at war with Widmore. Widmore vs. Hanso makes sense. Widmore funds the freighter and Hanso funds Ben.  But then why would Hanso continue funding the DHARMA initiatve if Ben had purged all of their employees. That seems like grounds for termination.

As for Charlotte, Four-toed people, ancient civilizations (i.e. Richard & the ruins), and mass graves are good enough reasons to employ an archeologist, sorry cultural anthropologist.
Perhaps TPTB at Hanso were unhappy with some deviation from the original intentions of the scientific study on the island and had cooperated with the, ahem, termination of all of the "middle managers?"

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
Sure. Why not?

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
does widmore have a spy on the island?

I don't know if this has been brought up, and I'm far to lazy to read all of the posts in this thread. But in my humble opinion Libby was Widmore's spy. She was able to strand Des on an island and infiltrate the losties. Just a thought.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
Um, so Widmore with all his money and power can't find the Island despite being willing to do almost anything for success, yet he knows how to crash a sailboat there....

Sorry, just doesn't seem very likely....

Now if you were to propose that Widmore hired Libby to give Des a sabotaged sailboat in hopes of killing him in a nearly untraceable way. Well, I could wrap my head around that theory.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
Um, so Widmore with all his money and power can't find the Island despite being willing to do almost anything for success, yet he knows how to crash a sailboat there....

Sorry, just doesn't seem very likely....

Now if you were to propose that Widmore hired Libby to give Des a sabotaged sailboat in hopes of killing him in a nearly untraceable way. Well, I could wrap my head around that theory.

Aren't we led to believe that the island has been invisible to the world until the failsafe key released the anomaly and the island blipped on to the radar?

I personally like thinking that Abbadon/Ben Dharma planted Oceanic in the Sundra Trench and released the findings to get rid of the story.  But Widmore/Dharma already had seen the blip and were able to head to the actual island.

My preference is to think that the only drama that is going on between Daddy and Penny is that she normally stays a million miles from Dad's work - but she's riding his coattails to find Desmond.  He tells the researchers "No calls from my daughter."  She pays them off on the side.   

Offline Shoeless

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
My preference is to think that the only drama that is going on between Daddy and Penny is that she normally stays a million miles from Dad's work - but she's riding his coattails to find Desmond.  He tells the researchers "No calls from my daughter."  She pays them off on the side.   

3.2 mill worth??

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »

3.2 mill worth??

Maybe!

Offline Walkabout

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
Would Hanso not have made public it's intent to create a utopian society to recruit people? People would be needed to construct this place and these facilities. No offense but "blue collar" types were not the DeGroots kind of people. Plans and prints would exist(somewhere) and even rough maps of the layout of the terrain for construction purposes. The Island may be a secret but was Hanso and The Dharma Initiative? If you studied in fields in which Dharma was working you might have been interested in them and their work. It is very well that with a little research Charlotte would have "theoretical" background on some of The Island history. So finding the collar only confirms some of the theories she would have. Or not. Just a thought.