Author Topic: "You look like her"  (Read 14294 times)

Offline joeboo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "You look like her"
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:25 AM »
I think "her" is his mother.

How do the Others know about her though. She wasn't on the island or anything.
Did therapist lady coax out his inner feelings?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »
the only problem I have with it being his mother is he never knew her, except maybe through pictures, which is puzzeling on the episode when he saw her on the island...and how he had such an attatchment to her...but overlooking that fact...i could kinda see the mother, and Anne, because she was blond too...so if you can say the mother, one would get a woman that looked like his mother...Anne...so yeah...

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
the only problem I have with it being his mother is he never knew her, except maybe through pictures, which is puzzeling on the episode when he saw her on the island...and how he had such an attatchment to her...but overlooking that fact...i could kinda see the mother, and Anne, because she was blond too...so if you can say the mother, one would get a woman that looked like his mother...Anne...so yeah...

Well.. it is a 50/50 shot! ;D

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 12:55:20 AM »
Ben in looove was very very disturbing....
If he has mama issues that would take the creepiness to a whole new level.
They should not have gone there with Ben...Jules would rather sleep with the numbered rabbits before she took on her boss.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 12:58:13 AM »

well my thinking is this, ben can do what was happening to desmond, but he can control it. so it stands to reason he may have went back to see his mother

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »

well my thinking is this, ben can do what was happening to desmond, but he can control it. so it stands to reason he may have went back to see his mother
went back how? like Desmond? Desmond went forward to the present from his time in 1996...either way front or back...he was from a time Desmond was at physically...Ben's mother died at birth...he couldnt transport him mind past that to meet her...he wasnt there...

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 01:04:54 AM »
I think "her" is whoever is in that painting in Ben's house - whether that be Annie, his mother, or whoever it is.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 01:21:17 AM »

went back how? like Desmond? Desmond went forward to the present from his time in 1996...either way front or back...he was from a time Desmond was at physically...Ben's mother died at birth...he couldnt transport him mind past that to meet her...he wasnt there...

maybe he can jump into others conciousness and then jump in time that way.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
So if its his mother would that mean that he has some weird need to be in love with a woman that looks just like her? Seems more likely that he would be replacing the love of his life with a look-a-like.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
Either way, that whole scene of Ben preparing Juliet dinner was creepy.  Any other time on the show he's cold and calculating, but there he was like a giddy little school boy with a crush.  How would he let himself be so vulnerable with someone who's not into him?  And then he pulled out the even creepier "you're mine!" control card.  Shudder!!!

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 10:27:45 AM »
Either way, that whole scene of Ben preparing Juliet dinner was creepy.  Any other time on the show he's cold and calculating, but there he was like a giddy little school boy with a crush.  How would he let himself be so vulnerable with someone who's not into him?  And then he pulled out the even creepier "you're mine!" control card.  Shudder!!!

I agree. I was kind of on the "Ben isn't really bad" wagon until last night. I didn't like this possessive turn. I would have liked him to have really been in love with Juliet, something more like unrequited love, and less creepy than stalking.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
By the way, I think the "you look like her" was the mom, which is kind of creepy. And in a weird twist, his Mom is actually Michael Emerson's wife in real life. Shudder.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
Wasn't she refering Juliet looking similar to the woman in the painting at Ben's house in OTHERSVILLE?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
If that's the case, she must have been seen by more folks than young Ben.

I think Annie.  He still pines over her.  I don't think she was in the purge.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
By the way, I think the "you look like her" was the mom, which is kind of creepy. And in a weird twist, his Mom is actually Michael Emerson's wife in real life. Shudder.

I'm on the MOM train,

we dont know how many times Bens Ghost mom has visited him and he may have told all the others about her or they know her since she is on the island (in spirit anyway),  

I agree. I was kind of on the "Ben isn't really bad" wagon until last night. I didn't like this possessive turn. I would have liked him to have really been in love with Juliet, something more like unrequited love, and less creepy than stalking.

How could you have been on the "Ben isn't really bad" wagon, the guy gassed 50 people,  doesnt that qualify