Author Topic: who could be the man on the boat?  (Read 14729 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: who could be the man on the boat?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 04:50:38 AM »
I'm in Michael denial....or it could be taller Walt....since he killed his dad as Lost island ritual...thats my guess

Offline smokey_is_king

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 07:27:07 AM »
People keep saying Michael is the easy option...but is it really?! There are so many questions as to WHY it would be him that perhaps it wouldn't be so easy to explain. It's got to be Michael, we already know he's been scripted for this season so he's bound to turn up sooner or later. And in such a heroic fashion would be awesome!

Offline vamp127

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
Hi all! I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided I couldn't stand being an "other" anymore.

I'm thinking it has to be Michael (& Walt) on the boat. When Ben sent them off, didn't he give them directions to go so that they would meet up with a freighter?

Offline sawyersgirl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 09:43:32 AM »
Isn't it obvious that it's Michael?  I mean the producers have said we'll be seeing him again and Meet Kevin Johnson is Michael centric. 

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 09:49:07 AM »
Who else would make sense for Ben to say "you're not going to believe" [who it is] or something like that? If the man on the boat was some unknown guy, he wouldn't have made that statement. So it must be either someone Locke knows, or someone Locke is aware of enough that he would be shocked to know who it was.

So the obvious answer is Michael, plus the Michael-centric episode.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
It's got to be Michael, we already know he's been scripted for this season so he's bound to turn up sooner or later. And in such a heroic fashion would be awesome!
You're right about that: it's got to be him b/c we all know he's coming back.
Now to call ANY Michael come back awesome is a big, huge, enormous stretch. Under NO circumstance having Michael back is awesome. None.

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »
It's got to be Michael, we already know he's been scripted for this season so he's bound to turn up sooner or later. And in such a heroic fashion would be awesome!
You're right about that: it's got to be him b/c we all know he's coming back.
Now to call ANY Michael come back awesome is a big, huge, enormous stretch. Under NO circumstance having Michael back is awesome. None.

Agree. Agree. Agree.  BUT...

After giving Michael coordinates, Ben did say that he would find a boat/rescue...could've been referring to the freighter and his eventual brainwashing to become one of his minion.

Btw, who the heck is a "casual" watcher of LOST?  I think it's all or nothing.

Offline Collector

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
I don't belive it's Michael whos the inside man. If Ben sent him to the boat on purpose, how did he know it was there if he didn't have an iniside man there already?
But then again, they did quite the "research" on Walts "power", maybe he was going to be used for this particular purpose. But it seems odd to me that Michael is a kind of jumper (if u have seen the movie).

I beleive and hope it is not Michael.

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »
I don't belive it's Michael whos the inside man. If Ben sent him to the boat on purpose, how did he know it was there if he didn't have an iniside man there already?
But then again, they did quite the "research" on Walts "power", maybe he was going to be used for this particular purpose. But it seems odd to me that Michael is a kind of jumper (if u have seen the movie).

I beleive and hope it is not Michael.

I agree - as I said in my earlier post - I'm about 95% confident Michael is on the boat and that's how he gets worked into the season. I'm still holding out hope, however, that Michael is NOT Ben's man on the boat - that instead Ben's man is someone else from the outside world who was already there before Michael and Walt left the island.

Problem is, Ben made it sound like the identitiy of his man would be enough to floor Locke. So that really does point to Michael and/or Walt unless it's someone else special to Locke.

The only way I can see Michael being the spy is if a) Michael spent time in Room 23 and got a little Manchurian Candidate thrown in him or b) Walt, from his time in Room 23, turned on him and made them spy for Ben. It just seems like such a stretch.

And if Michael/Walt is the spy, then I really, really don't like the previews. I can understand why Locke might be floored by this reveal, but they make it sound like the audience really should be too. They must know the audience, casual viewer or no, won't really be floored by the return of Michael. There's been news releases saying he's in this season, TV.com says there's an upcoming episode about him, and his name's been in the credits all season long. How can the previews say "someone we never expected to see again". That's worse than the "three big secrets revealed" in the epsiode about Jack's stinking tattoo.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 10:50:19 AM »
Well, of course they're going to preview it/hype it that way, though! What else would they do? "Someone you knew we'd see again for weeks now!" :D

They're probably just hoping that three or four people in Lost-viewer-land haven't figured out yet that it's Michael. I think anyone ELSE would be a stretch at this point.

Offline getting away to lost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »
I think Walt is THE MAN on the boat working for Ben. I also think Michael is on the freighter but not workinig for Ben. When Ben kidnapped Walt that is when they could have set up the plans for Walt to work for Ben. When Ben told Michael which direction to leave the island he was sending them right to the freighter. The twist will be that we will assume it is Michael working for Ben when we see him on the boat but it is really Walt who is Ben's contact.

Offline Fenster

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking Walt too.  In fact, Walt would be easier to swallow than Michael.  The biggest snag in the Walt theory for me is that he seems to be helping Locke (if that IS Walt) and I can't picture him having any loyalty to Ben.  The same with Michael, why would he help Ben and how could he help Ben?  Or is he helping Ben and just doesn't realize it?  After everything that has happened these past few weeks, who knows what Ben is capable of.
Ben can be very convincing.  Let's not forget that Sayid ends up helping Ben.

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »
Ya, I am not sure if Michael would "floor" Locke, but Walt would.  Maybe Michael will just appear in flashbacks of him and Walt leaving the island, but something happens to him before Walt finds the ship.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
Hi all! I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided I couldn't stand being an "other" anymore.

I'm thinking it has to be Michael (& Walt) on the boat. When Ben sent them off, didn't he give them directions to go so that they would meet up with a freighter?
Hey, Welcome, Vamp!

>>>>

I think it's pretty obvious that it is Michael. The previews aren't made for us, the obsessed. They are made for the casual viewer to make them watch the next episode. We know Michael would be coming back, and we know that he would be coming back in the first 8 episodes. We also can pretty much bet that he isn't just going to putt putt back onto the island in his fishing boat. We are supposed to get some explanation as to why Walt is taller.

And no, it isn't Penny. Time travel still doesn't exist. It isn't Nikki and Paulo CAUSE THEY'RE DEAD. It isn't Nadia or Kate's Dad or Christian or Kelvin. The last two are DEAD and the first two just wouldn't make any sense. I'm betting we'll see Nadia in one of Sayid's flashforwards as the time where he followed his heart, not his head. Kate's Dad doesn't even like Kate (he called the cops on her). We might see him in one of Kate's flashforwards, but I doubt it.

All signs point to Michael. And yes, TPTB DO normally do the obvious things. Widmore is the head of the boat people. Ben was the head of the Others, etc etc.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
A big thumbs-up for JBRam's post above. Sometimes a banana is just a banana.  :)