Author Topic: who could be the man on the boat?  (Read 19196 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: who could be the man on the boat?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:33:21 AM »
After this episode and the preview, I'm getting the vibe that it's Michael, but I still say that's stupid and doesn't make sense, so hopefully that's not the case.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:46 AM »
Walt and his "powers" would be my second theory. I agree that Mike would be a hard sell. Why would the freighter people trust Michael with any information.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 12:42:46 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking Walt too.  In fact, Walt would be easier to swallow than Michael.  The biggest snag in the Walt theory for me is that he seems to be helping Locke (if that IS Walt) and I can't picture him having any loyalty to Ben.  The same with Michael, why would he help Ben and how could he help Ben?  Or is he helping Ben and just doesn't realize it?  After everything that has happened these past few weeks, who knows what Ben is capable of.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
My thoughts too...I think he could be on the boat, but I find it hard to think they would let Michael have freedom around the boat...especially enough to provide information...unless its some kind of double/triple short/long con, I dunno...I cant grasp it yet lol

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 12:51:30 AM »
Dudes, I'd take Paulo and Nikki if it kept Michael away (for good)!

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
I'm not convinced it's Michael either. It just seems way too obvious. And as many pointed out, why would the freighter people pick him up and trust him to help them? Wouldn't they figure someone escaping from the island might be working for Ben? And a better question - why would Michael be working for Ben once he was off the island? I can see why he'd work for Ben in order to get Walt back and get rescued, but once he's gone, why would he still be working for Ben unless Ben threatened that he could still "get to him" if he didn't do what he said. Doesn't make sense from either angle.

I guess it's possible Michael could be stowing away aboard the boat somehow and acting as Ben's spy without the boat crew knowing it, but again - why would Michael still be working for Ben? How would they be communicating? Walt?

I'm more inclined to believe that it's one of Ben's guys that wasn't on the island (like the one that Widmore captured). So... who's someone that we expected to never see again (that would have some impact on Locke so that he had to "sit down" when Ben told him) that might be working for Ben? Could it be Locke's Dad? Maybe the man Sawyer killed that "appeared in the box" wasn't actually Locke's Dad, or at least not Locke's dad from this reality/timeline. Maybe that man was just another one of the island manifestations like Eko's brother, Jack's Dad, Kate's horse, etc.

Speaking of Christian, could it be Christian? The actor already "appeared" in the cabin Hurley saw in the premiere -but how could the writers explain his presence on the boat? That just seems too convoluted to me.

Some of the other suggestions I've heard (Locke's old boss Randy, Charlie, etc.) are also interesting... but at this point, I basically think it could be anyone - dead or alive. Obviously I'm really going out on a limb here.

Any other crazy suggestions you can think of? How about Ben recruits Boone from an alternate universe and gets him on the boat?  Boone did mean something to Locke...  :D

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 01:09:47 AM »
I know it is not...but someone that Des and Syiad both know is Kelvin

Off topic : Last Star fighter is on is it strange to like this movie?

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 01:16:40 AM »

Also an interesting idea... but why would Locke have to sit down for that news - he doesn't even know who Kelvin is/was except for Desmond's story. It's got to be someone from the island that Locke has interacted with or someone from Locke's past, I think.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »

Also an interesting idea... but why would Locke have to sit down for that news - he doesn't even know who Kelvin is/was except for Desmond's story. It's got to be someone from the island that Locke has interacted with or someone from Locke's past, I think.
Like me...Locke is going to hear it's Michael and say "Nu Uhhh!" rofl

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »
Another thing that puzzles me - Minkowski's comment that "Looks like you have a friend on this boat" to Sayid and Desmond when the sickbay door was left open. Maybe that's true, but why would whoever is working for Ben be trying to help Desmond and Sayid? Wouldn't Ben's man on the boat rather try to keep these guys locked up so they don't blab to the freighter crew that they know exactly where Ben is?

The only way this makes sense is if Ben's man on the boat is a "Lostie sympathizer" and would want to help Sayid (I don't think Michael really ever met Desmond). Michael might fit that profile, but again - just doesn't make sense overall.

I will be very disappointed if it's Michael. I know he has to come back eventually (heck, the actor's name has been in the credits as a regular for each of the first six episodes and hasn't been in any of them!), but I really hope it's not this.

Any chance Michael IS on the boat (maybe the freighter crew picked him and Walt up - how far could they get in that little boat anyway?), but that Michael ISN'T Ben's man? Maybe there's someone else on the boat in addition to Michael who IS working for Ben...

I can't wait to see how Michael gets worked in and how he figures in to things. Based on the previews for next week, I don't think Michael is one of the Oceanic Six, so that begs the question of what happens to Michael and Walt if they were rescued by the freighter? TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 04:15:40 AM »
Going on a limb here Nadia, the commander Sayid tortued for Inman, or Kates dad.....

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 04:20:28 AM »
Be careful out on that limb. Doesn't look very strong.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 04:26:53 AM »
The way they billed it on the preview....

"a face you never expected to see again"

tells us that it IS someone we know, but if it's Michael then that's just plain bad writing. :P  Walt would be acceptable.  Kelvin or Nadia would be awesome.

This is intriguing!!!

Going on a limb here Nadia, the commander Sayid tortued for Inman, or Kates dad.....

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 04:32:30 AM »
All signs point to Micheal. Booo...

cool if you're a casual viewer, sucks if you're obsessed (we've all known hes coming back to the show for months.)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 04:45:37 AM »

Exactly!  Locke would not need to 1. sit down and 2. release Ben upon hearing who it was. Micheal is obvious and we know he has an episode coming up...this could be a Nikki and Paulo situation for me...tptb needs to tie up loose ends.  I really hope it is not them...I can pretty much garuantee the lowest score I have ever given an episode.