Author Topic: who could be the man on the boat?  (Read 14725 times)

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: who could be the man on the boat?
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking Walt too.  In fact, Walt would be easier to swallow than Michael.  The biggest snag in the Walt theory for me is that he seems to be helping Locke (if that IS Walt) and I can't picture him having any loyalty to Ben.  The same with Michael, why would he help Ben and how could he help Ben?  Or is he helping Ben and just doesn't realize it?  After everything that has happened these past few weeks, who knows what Ben is capable of.

Walt would be working for Jacob, not Ben and Ben is supposed to be working for Jacob.  So perhaps Jacob is telling Walt to help Ben.  

Or infiltrate Ben's operations along with Locke in order to depose Ben.

that would be the better outcome!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2008, 09:54:41 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking Walt too.  In fact, Walt would be easier to swallow than Michael.  The biggest snag in the Walt theory for me is that he seems to be helping Locke (if that IS Walt) and I can't picture him having any loyalty to Ben.  The same with Michael, why would he help Ben and how could he help Ben?  Or is he helping Ben and just doesn't realize it?  After everything that has happened these past few weeks, who knows what Ben is capable of.

Walt would be working for Jacob, not Ben and Ben is supposed to be working for Jacob.  So perhaps Jacob is telling Walt to help Ben.  

Or infiltrate Ben's operations along with Locke in order to depose Ben.

that would be the better outcome!

It's my preference!  Walt + Locke vs. Ben.  Bring it!

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
I think Walt is THE MAN on the boat working for Ben. I also think Michael is on the freighter but not workinig for Ben. When Ben kidnapped Walt that is when they could have set up the plans for Walt to work for Ben. When Ben told Michael which direction to leave the island he was sending them right to the freighter. The twist will be that we will assume it is Michael working for Ben when we see him on the boat but it is really Walt who is Ben's contact.
I like this theory...... good twist - we need a good twist.
Michael is already on the boat for sure, promo photo released by DocArtz.

Offline col81

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »
It is limited to people who John Locke knows and would be surprised by, so these far-fetched ideas that keep coming up just don't fit well for me.

How long has Michael and Walt been gone? Maybe Michael and Walt experienced a time off the island that was similar to the not-so-great circumstances Jack, Hurley, and Sayid seem to be experiencing once they get home. Also, if Ben can get Sayid to work for him in the future, why not Michael? Maybe Michael wants to get back to the island, and he's going through Ben. Although, the Losties aren't going to be so thrilled having him back, I'd imagine, after his fiasco. So that doesn't fit well. More likely Michael would be driven by force or something.

"We need someone on a freighter."
"That guy will do it. Just take his kid away. He'll do anything. He shot two people to get his son back."
"Oh, okay. Nice."

I'm also of the group that enjoyed Harold's performance as Michael, and think it's a brilliant idea to bring him back this way, even if it ruins the big reveal for all us hardcore fans. Ben kills people, and he's quirky, but I wouldn't want him off the show for those reasons. I like his performance as a villain of sorts. If you didn't like Harold's performance, however, then I see your point. But Michael is cool.  ;)

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
I'm with ya col81!!  I love Harold Perrineau as an actor and I think he is an interesting character.  You know, watching someone cave and seeing what they are capable of when their family is in jeopardy.  I mean, yeah he has done some shocking things, but come on!!  It's that drama that keeps us a-watching!!  I don't honestly see any more logical way of fitting someone else onto the freighter, someone more unexpected other than Michael.  I am just curious to find out what happened to Walt.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
I like Mike too. He was on his way to being a good father till Ben presented him with Sophie's choice (or next worst thing).

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2008, 08:27:46 PM »
I like Mike too. He was on his way to being a good father till Ben presented him with Sophie's choice (or next worst thing).

Yes! Yes! Yes!  Why can't people see that he was more SELFLESSLY motivated to do what he did than most of the characters on this island?  He sacrificed his integrity to save his son.  And I believed him when he said he was sorry to the Losties.  He didn't want to hurt anyone - but his son most of all.  I think his dilemma is tight and dramatic.