Author Topic: So Mister Benjamin Linus..... and his buddy Smokey  (Read 13176 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: So Mister Benjamin Linus..... and his buddy Smokey
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 11:23:41 PM »
There's nothing to indicate Ben caused her to "appear" with the whispers.  He's still a prisoner at that point.

except that juliet said that ben had got to her

Offline HugeJohnLockeFan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 11:24:53 PM »
There's nothing to indicate Ben caused her to "appear" with the whispers.  He's still a prisoner at that point.

NO

not if he's moving back and forth between time and "setting" up things the way he wants

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 11:26:25 PM »
I didn't see it as ben controlled smokie at all.  On a side note wasn't Goodwin fixing Juliet's plumbing in first episode season 3.  Anyone else find that funny. 

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 11:27:17 PM »
Ben stated he always has a plan....simple as that, he may not have had a code for there's a man in my closet with a gun to my daughters head, but he did prepare for the freighter people....

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 11:27:40 PM »
I didn't see it as ben controlled smokie at all.  On a side note wasn't Goodwin fixing Juliet's plumbing in first episode season 3.  Anyone else find that funny. 
ethan was fixing the plumbing

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
Rain and whispers, mysterious vanishing.... All signs of Smokey.

I guess...  I'm not sure if I completely agree that it means it's Smokey.  If you read some of the whispers trancripts it sounds a lot like types of things The Others would be saying.  I mean, I think it's possible that it's tied to Smokey, but I'm not 100% sure.  I will concede though that whenever we do hear the whispers, strange stuff tends to happen.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 11:29:20 PM »
kinda like a david lynch film when the blue light flashes

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »
Where did all this smokey talk come from?  I saw no smokey/ heard no smokey... just a bunch of BS shipper stuff and some BS questions that won't get answered.  ie.  where the hell did Harper come from?  Where did she go?  How did Ben tell her to go find Juliette? How did Ben know where the freighties were going?  How did Ben turn on the gas machines?  I'll put $ on never getting these answers.

Now lets get busy with the screen caps and prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
Where did all this smokey talk come from?  I saw no smokey/ heard no smokey... just a bunch of BS shipper stuff and some BS questions that won't get answered.  ie.  where the hell did Harper come from?  Where did she go?  How did Ben tell her to go find Juliette? How did Ben know where the freighties were going?  How did Ben turn on the gas machines?  I'll put $ on never getting these answers.

The theory here is that Smokey is manifesting himself as Harper.  There has been much discussion that sometimes Smokey manifests himself (I can't believe I just called Smokey a "him") as dead people or people that aren't really there.  Generally when we here the whispers, weird stuff happens, so the theory is the whispers are tied to Smokey appearing and/or manifesting as someone/thing.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:46 PM »
ethan was fixing the plumbing

Really!!! Juliet you dirty tramp Ethan too?  Just joking that's skanky Kate

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 11:45:59 PM »
Well if we never saw Ben and the tape recorder communicate with Juliet, we would be asking the same question of how did he communicate with her...so obviously he does have some hidden form of communicatin with the other "others"....more slight of hand then magic.

I'm not buying the smokey thing either...we have heard the whispers before and no people or smoke monster....

The theory here is that Smokey is manifesting himself as Harper.  There has been much discussion that sometimes Smokey manifests himself (I can't believe I just called Smokey a "him") as dead people or people that aren't really there.  Generally when we here the whispers, weird stuff happens, so the theory is the whispers are tied to Smokey appearing and/or manifesting as someone/thing.
Thats YOUR and a few others theories, dont say general theory as if everyone believes that...cuz we dont know at this point....

Offline stinger456

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 11:46:56 PM »
im thinkin its jacob and ben can communicate to jacob to manipulate people.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »
Thats YOUR and a few others theories, dont say general theory as if everyone believes that...cuz we dont know at this point....
Are you saying that Smokey didn't appear as Christian, Yemmi, the horse, etc? I thought that was a generally accepted  theory too.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 11:52:09 PM »
Are you saying that Smokey didn't appear as Christian, Yemmi, the horse, etc? I thought that was a generally accepted  theory too.
generally accepted by who? yes there are "some" people that think that, I dont for one...and others dont...but to say general as if its the consenus of everyone...thats all I'm saying...;D

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »
Well if we never saw Ben and the tape recorder communicate with Juliet, we would be asking the same question of how did he communicate with her...so obviously he does have some hidden form of communicatin with the other "others"....more slight of hand then magic.

I'm not buying the smokey thing either...we have heard the whispers before and no people or smoke monster....

Lou, you're right, I did not mean to imply it's the general theory accepted by everyone -- sorry about that.  In fact, I do not even buy into the theory at all!  It was just that it didn't seem like Jumbotron understood why some people were talking about Smokey, so I was trying to clarify/sum up the assumptions.  This is not my theory at all.

I agree with you, I am not convinced at all that it is Smokey manifesting - I prefer to believe it has something to do with the Others.  And excellent point about the tape recorder.