Author Topic: So Mister Benjamin Linus..... and his buddy Smokey  (Read 13717 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: So Mister Benjamin Linus..... and his buddy Smokey
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2008, 11:48:42 PM »
Jacob summoned the smoke monster in the form of creepy mole woman.  End of discussion.
I'm skeered.  Hold me?
buuuuuuut, did he/she/it manifest itself as the mole, or was that just a byproduct of the manifestation process...could her uncanny resemblance to Jocelyn Wildenstein and priscilla presley have to do with his smokiness or is that yet again a byproduct...wheeeeew (swipe of hand across forehead) there is SOOOOOOO much more to discuss...... ;)
:o  the mole! it's spreading into other threads!  Save yourselves! :D
Deleted scene from "The Other Woman" through a contact who knows somebody who knows nobody:

Camera pans to a sleeping Harper then pulls back to reveal Ben standing over her.

Ben               : You summoned me. I am here.
Unknown Voice: Help me.
Ben               : Jacob, is that you?
Unknown Voice: Help me leave this place.
Ben               : I cannot.
Unknown Voice: Help me.
Ben               : We only have a fertility Dr. and a Neurosurgeon.
Unknown Voice: Disarm "the fence" and bring him to me.
Ben               : You know it is not of my control.
Unknown Voive: Her resemblance to Jocelyn Wildenstein and Priscilla Presley is unerving.
                      I must leave this place. He can move me.
Ben               : Where mole where?
Unknown Voice: Onto Juliet.
Ben Angrily     : NEVER, JULIET IS MINE!

;) ;D :o
ROFL  You rock.   ;D

The podcast pretty much settled the question.
ARGHHH!!!  I can't listen right now!  What did it say??  PM me or put it in spoilers.

lostpedia has a run down of the 'cast....no trans yet...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2008, 12:12:12 AM »
can I thow my 2 pennies in the pot?

Remember way back when... Alpert appeared to Little Boy Ben and told him the back story about there being people on the Island before Dharma arrived, and yet Dharma and the originals got on together... Surely Richard was not the only Island Original... (And there's the Black Rock crew too don't forget who may actually be one and the same as the Natives if the life extention projects turn out to be real)

What if Freaky Eyebrow woman (Harper) is an Original Islander like Alpert (similar over-enhanced facial features ;) ) She too appears where and when she chooses because they are natives.... It's THEIR island...
I think the Smokie thing is either an island original too (sentient yes, cognitive yes, human form no) or perhaps even the result of some Dharma experiment gone wrong similar to the monster on Forbidden Planet. I don't think it is controlled by anyone in particular... perhaps 'tamed' by the Natives i.e Smokie.. go fetch...

I bet Ben wishes he was in control of it - that would give him power.

Here endeth todays ramblings....

Dizzy, you's so smart!  I love that idea.

I too like that idea, and the p'cast said we would see more of her...
but then what of the diploma/cert.s on her wall....did she "earn" them there? Are they actually hers? Just for show? A minor thing, but nonetheless....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
can I thow my 2 pennies in the pot?

Remember way back when... Alpert appeared to Little Boy Ben and told him the back story about there being people on the Island before Dharma arrived, and yet Dharma and the originals got on together... Surely Richard was not the only Island Original... (And there's the Black Rock crew too don't forget who may actually be one and the same as the Natives if the life extention projects turn out to be real)

What if Freaky Eyebrow woman (Harper) is an Original Islander like Alpert (similar over-enhanced facial features ;) ) She too appears where and when she chooses because they are natives.... It's THEIR island...
I think the Smokie thing is either an island original too (sentient yes, cognitive yes, human form no) or perhaps even the result of some Dharma experiment gone wrong similar to the monster on Forbidden Planet. I don't think it is controlled by anyone in particular... perhaps 'tamed' by the Natives i.e Smokie.. go fetch...

I bet Ben wishes he was in control of it - that would give him power.

Here endeth todays ramblings....

Dizzy, you's so smart!  I love that idea.

I too like that idea, and the p'cast said we would see more of her...
but then what of the diploma/cert.s on her wall....did she "earn" them there? Are they actually hers? Just for show? A minor thing, but nonetheless....

The prize out of her morning box of Dharma flakes?

If she's a traveler like Richard, she might have had a mainland life and gotten a degree from a real university.  I'm glad to here she's going to be around.  She's got a great Lost face.