Author Topic: Desmond's previous flashes  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Desmond's previous flashes
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »
So we find out that Des is having a mind traveling experience and needs to find his constant to make this all stop it seems.
So when Des starts to have flashes after turning the key to stop the elctromagnetism, are these the same as what he experienced when ariving on the freighter?
Could Des actually had a chance not to have Charlie killed? Which leads me to question Penny saying not her boat and the time difference between communications with Penny and charlie.

That's another thread thou.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond's previous flashes
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:29:23 PM »
I agree that it's kind of strange that Des's flashes on the Island didn't seem to be fatal - maybe the Island's healing capabilities kicked in?

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:13:36 AM »
My sense is that flashes he has of the future and the consciousness (sp?) travel between 2004 and 1996 are two different beasts.  In the first, he is just a passive viewer of a video-like flash.  In the second, he is an active participant going back-and-forth between the two timelines.

I think a potentially more accurate comparison would be versus the travel he did in the episode when he met the clock lady, Mrs. Hawkins (I think that was her name).  Even that seems to be somewhat different as he wasn't going back and forth.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »
I think they've all gotta be the same kind of flashes (or close enough) for the pragmatic reason that it'd be too complicated for the Powers to explain anything different....