Author Topic: The Kahana Calendar  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Kahana Calendar
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »
Did anyone get a close look at the calendar on board the Kahana freighter? It was filled with x'ed out days, but how far back did those days go? We know by the show that it is Christmas Eve, 2004. Do the crossed out days represent how long the freighter people were on this mission to the island? Does their mission go back as far as when  815 initially crashed? Sure would like a screen shot of that calendar from anyone with that capability, so we could study it closer.

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Kahana Calendar
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
Sorry, I should've posted this here instead of the overall season 4 page. Can anyone get a screenshot of the calendar posted in the Kahana freighter? We know the date during this episode was Christmas Eve 2004. The calendar had many crossed out days. Does anyone know how far back the days went? Were our frieghter people on this mission as far back as the initial crash of flight 815?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Kahana Calendar
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
I PM-ed Sledge about this. If you notice on there, some of the X-ed out days are in red, and the other ones are in black. Some of them in the middle of the month are completely blank. I was thiking that they might be times that the magnetic anomaly presented itself, but have no idea. Hopefully Sledge will hook it up.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »
Someone with a high-def TV said the days weren't actually blank, but were crossed out in yellow.  I don't know -- I couldn't tell.  And it may not mean anything, or it may be color-coded for some unknown reason...

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
Someone with a high-def TV said the days weren't actually blank, but were crossed out in yellow.  I don't know -- I couldn't tell.  And it may not mean anything, or it may be color-coded for some unknown reason...

Yep, it does look like the days are yellow.  I think that someone with more in-depth knowledge will have to explain what the colors mean and if they correlate to anything significant happening on the island.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
My buddy has a big ass TV and DVR. I'll check it out later.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »
Red Xs = Federal Holiday.  Time off.
Oh wait, I just had a flashback to another life.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
This should be posted up tonight, I sent it over to Astro with some other pics that will be posted in a User Requested Images article on the front page. I can confirm that the squares that look blank just have yellow ink instead of blue or black or red.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »

I dont know if you could say it shows the length of time there since the time before October, could be folded over or torn off...just that the day is Dec24...

Offline gazelle16

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
It seems a little too convenient that the calendar happens to show three months at a time. How many calendars actually look like this?
Anyway - it seems as if there are four colors of ink - black, blue, yellow, and red.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »
All, or most calendars in the military show 3 months at a time.

Welcome to the house that Sledge built!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »
All, or most calendars in the military show 3 months at a time.

Welcome to the house that Sledge built!

What house?  You mean this drafty little cabin in the middle of wacky island?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
It could use some paint and caulking around the windows, huh.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
Who knows if those dates correspond to contact with the island in some way? Perhaps Ben's contact on the boat is x-ing the days off. Did something totally different happen those four yellow days back in October? (Like, Ben off the island and face to face contact?)  ::)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »
Paint and caulking for SWLS! LOL!

I'm going to be a dodo bird about that calendar...It was a calendar.  It showed us two timortant things:  They started their trip in October, they were on Dec. 24.  The rest was just set decorating.  It was important to have a prop on the ship confirm what Minkowski had said about the date.  He didn't just THINK it was Dec. 24th - everyone (who was not time-tripping) on the boat agrees.  That calendar was a lot more subtle and viable of an exposition on the date than some doofus-headed comment from one of the thugs saying, "Well, you know, it IS Christmas Eve."