Author Topic: Windmore and the Black Rock Journal  (Read 4540 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Windmore and the Black Rock Journal
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 12:02:51 AM »
It has historical significance, but Widmore knows it true importance

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »
I think it is feasible for no one besides the Hanso's to have read it.  If you haven't read it, you don't know how important it is.  

It would also add to the journals mystique and raise the price at auction if no one knew the contents of the journal.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »
Tovard is the name...

TPTB has stated that the game is canonical, but the only TRUE canon is the show.

Offline roastbeef

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 12:55:14 AM »
Charles Widmore was bidding on this mysterious Hanso diary in the year 1996.  Therefore some of the information within it must have lead him to locate the island or keep the location of the island from others.  Also, Widmore definately is concocting something when he gives des penny's adress because we all know that chucky boy hates his daughter's choice to be his son in law so he must of known that something bad would happen to desmond if him and penny were to reconnect.

Offline roastbeef

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »

this is one of the more intriguing and unexplained stories still out there in the lost universe but you know what happens when they give us something good on one of the stories.  They leave it alone and let people speculate on it for a while.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 04:59:27 AM »
Was he buying it to find information...or was he buying it to hide information...although no one has read, since it's been owned by the Hansos, I'm sure in certain groups it holds a story...Widmore is trying to keep his island secret...

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:57 AM »
I feel like he was buying it just because it was in the possession of the Hanso's. This is because of my long held belief that they are competing organizations centering on the goings on at the island

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »
Pens convo with Des, she said she knew about the island and had been researching it....the book would help in the research...daddy doesnt want her to have it....

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 10:23:05 AM »
Pens convo with Des, she said she knew about the island and had been researching it....the book would help in the research...daddy doesnt want her to have it....

But wasn't Penny's conversation with Des in "present time" 2004?  Daddy bought the book in 1996 (or was it 1994, I keep getting confused.)  So I got the impression that somehow Penny has gotten ahold of the book Daddy bought at the auction awhile ago, and has been using it to research the island and look for Des.  Now, how she knows to do this (how she knows Des is on the island), I'm not sure, unless he makes another time-travel trip and goes back to, say, 2000 or thereabouts, to tell her.

Offline monkey business

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore and the Black Rock Journal
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
Does anyone want to theorize on what is contained in the journal, or how it got back to the mainland?  The Black Rock is wrecked on the island, and weren't there skeletons in it?  That would mean that Capt. Hanso would have found a way off the island, or been rescued... so it was possible however long ago...

Offline Lostatwork

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
Charles Widmore was bidding on this mysterious Hanso diary in the year 1996.  Therefore some of the information within it must have lead him to locate the island or keep the location of the island from others.  Also, Widmore definately is concocting something when he gives des penny's adress because we all know that chucky boy hates his daughter's choice to be his son in law so he must of known that something bad would happen to desmond if him and penny were to reconnect.

Something bad like fund a boat race that had its coordinates go directly to the island??

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »

But wasn't Penny's conversation with Des in "present time" 2004?  Daddy bought the book in 1996 (or was it 1994, I keep getting confused.)  So I got the impression that somehow Penny has gotten ahold of the book Daddy bought at the auction awhile ago, and has been using it to research the island and look for Des.  Now, how she knows to do this (how she knows Des is on the island), I'm not sure, unless he makes another time-travel trip and goes back to, say, 2000 or thereabouts, to tell her.
That is a good point, but I was thinking daddy all along knew he needed/wanted to get rid of Des...although it could be the book she has been researching, the facts are she has the station monitoring for a signal, since they called her back in S2? I dunno all this thinking is making go crosseyed...lol

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 08:56:25 PM »
Did you guys catch the auction number?  Up for bids is item 2342!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
Cool!  That's the number Daniel's device was set at to send Eloise back!  Good catch!

Offline xenicus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
I'm not entirely clear on the rules but the could the Journal itself be a constant? If you went back to the time of the Black Rock wouldn't you need the journal to get back?