Author Topic: Videos of my Dogs!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Videos of my Dogs!
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »
So i dont know if any of you remember my pitbull Bekki.....sadly we had to put her to sleep in October, as she developed cancer. We had a tumor removed but we didnt catch everything in time. She lived a great life and was an ambassador for her breed!

About 5 months before that sad day I found a Shih-Tzu pup for my girlfriend and Bekki. Once Bekki was layed to rest I had to find myself another pittie, as I've been rescuing them now for close to 15yrs. So the search started, I found a PHENOMINAL dog, my first male dog ever!!

His name is Gunnar, he's a 18month old American Pit Bull Terrier. He's actually a therapy dog, who works with aggressive rescue dogs, he corrects them when they get out of line and keeps them in check, so they will be able to socialize throughout their life

so here are some videos of my two kids

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=cbrianwatkins&p=r

**disclaimer**
these videos are labeled "dogfight" - "pitbull fight" purposely, this is to school the general public about PitBulls and how they ARE NOT AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS by nature, they are great family pets, absolutely love children and are very loyal to their owners, in fact they score better on tempermant tests then collies, cocker spaniels, dalmations etc

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Videos of my Dogs!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:45:35 PM »
this didnt go well at all

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
i just had a chance to check them out (i can't watch it at school).  i think it's awesome.  i have a shih tzu too, as well as a blue heeler, border collie, and 2 border collie/blue heeler pups.  sarah (the shih tzu) rules the roost.  she fights with the big dogs just like yours. 

my only question is, are pit bulls really non-aggressive?  i have a good friend who's 2 yo son was attacked by their pet pit.  the pit was raised with gavin, and out of no where one day he came across the yard and took into him.  when his mom jumped in to get the dog off him the dog turned to her and mutilated her leg.  luckily gavin survived and other than a few scars is fine, as is his mother.  my friends have had more pit bulls since then, which personally i find crazy.  they say that the one they had was just a "bad dog."  this was the first time this dog had shown any type of agressive behavior. 

so, what do you think?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »

Saw this & thought of you!

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
i just had a chance to check them out (i can't watch it at school).  i think it's awesome.  i have a shih tzu too, as well as a blue heeler, border collie, and 2 border collie/blue heeler pups.  sarah (the shih tzu) rules the roost.  she fights with the big dogs just like yours. 

my only question is, are pit bulls really non-aggressive?  i have a good friend who's 2 yo son was attacked by their pet pit.  the pit was raised with gavin, and out of no where one day he came across the yard and took into him.  when his mom jumped in to get the dog off him the dog turned to her and mutilated her leg.  luckily gavin survived and other than a few scars is fine, as is his mother.  my friends have had more pit bulls since then, which personally i find crazy.  they say that the one they had was just a "bad dog."  this was the first time this dog had shown any type of agressive behavior. 

so, what do you think?

pitbulls, (so long as they are not inbred) are the best family dogs to have, 4 of my 5 friends with children all have pits, they score better on temperment tests then your blueheelers/collies/spaniels

pits were never, and will never be bred to be human agressive, they are dogfighters by nature, but you can't break up a dogfight if the dogs dont like humans

pitbulls in general will do nothing but please their owner, they are GREAT like that

i ALWAYS ALWAYS suggest getting a pitbull if you have a family, they are very very loyal, and extremely affectionate

now in your friends case, you never know, the child could have done something, moved a branch, lifted a leaf to trigger the "prey instinct" in the dog, but generally NO THEY ARE NOT HUMAN AGRESSIVE, i've lived by/with pitbulls my whole life, never have heard/or seen one bite a human

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
thank you!  my friend has your thoughts about pits and still has pits even after the accident with his son.  (this doesn't make his wife very happy, but he swears by their kindness)  i was just wanting your opinion on the whole ordeal.  i think pits are beautiful dogs, and i love the videos.   i hope that someone can be touched by your "dog-fighting" rather than the dog fighting that is most conjured up by the phrase.[/color]