Author Topic: 3.2 million is a code!  (Read 8196 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 million is a code!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »
I like and see the merit in both code and straightforward theory.  We all agree that money is what drives Miles.  Like LAS and Piglet I believe the simplest explanation until we are given more evidence.  Some questions we have now are:

What can Ben do?

this question is KILLING me!!! i mean he obvously has the means to start picking off people at will ala Sayid Flashforward....but does he have the ability to get stuff like that done now?? And if so is he?
I know!!  To me that was the most intriguing thing said.  I know what you can do, don't treat me like one of them.

and if he is picking off people presently, who the hell is his mercinary (sp?)??

Why is every boatie Ben interacts with his mole?  The point of a mole is to have them out spying for you, not blowing their cover bothering you... if the mole isn't on the boat, then he isn't a good mole, and there are at least 3 people, surely more, on the boat who we haven't met yet...

very good point

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 12:13:09 PM »
We have seen that Ben gets off the island, and we know they have financial supprt. How else could they recruit people, have supplies, like a sub, run the sub etc. Ben conned someone out of 3.2 million dollars and Miles knows it. that is why he asked for that amount. It sent a message of "I know what you did and I am letting you know that."

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
We have seen that Ben gets off the island, and we know they have financial supprt. How else could they recruit people, have supplies, like a sub, run the sub etc. Ben conned someone out of 3.2 million dollars and Miles knows it. that is why he asked for that amount. It sent a message of "I know what you did and I am letting you know that."

thats a good take on it as well, just like when Miles knew about that kids drug money

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »
This is a great theory -- I like a lot of things about it.  But I am still convinced that somehow Michael is going to turn out to be Ben's mole on the boat.

Let's see -- Ben said "We're the good guys."  Ben has a secret room with a lot of passports (we don't know they're all his with different names/countries, but it looked that way from the one we saw.)  Miles apparently thinks Ben has access to a lot of money.  So who is Ben?

I'm going with this for now:  Ben works for "the government" (some official body that is trying to harness the island's powers to "save the world.")  The freighter people work for some "private interest" (some body that is trying to harness the island's power to "take over the world.")  I haven't watched all the podcasts and mobisodes and all that stuff, so I'll have to leave it to better minds than mine as to who is Dharma, who is Mittelos, who is Hanso, who is Mittelwerk (? is that even a real one?) and such.   ;D

But my idea still doesn't explain why Miles was so specific about the "3.2" though.  So I keep coming back to some sort of code... a directional heading sounds good to me...   Maybe Ben has two moles?  Both Miles and Michael?  (I really don't want to give up on Michael...)  Heaven knows Ben likes to mislead...

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »
Not completely uncommon, or is it unheard of to have two insiders, not knowing about each other...
from the scraps bandied about, seems Hanso has DOD permission to be in the "Crash Area" to be doing
recovery and unrelated research, so maybe Ben works for them, kindo' a hostile employee take over...
he could work for Ralph Nader, thus making him a bad guy again....

though I rather think of him as a good guy
that gets the job done...like a geeky Bullitt...
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon