Author Topic: jack's reaction to going home with kate  (Read 7439 times)

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: jack's reaction to going home with kate
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »
could it be that there is room for one more on a helicopter and Claire gives Aaron to Kate and then all escapes off the island are cut off and they cant get back to rescue any more?  Thus the guilt?

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »
Funny how Kate was so "anti-baby" during the clothesline scene too.  Something changed between those points.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »
foreshadowing...that's when my wife called as it was....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
I agree foreshadowing. And a lot of bonding between then and the flash forward.

I think we can assume that in the cover up story, Claire is dead. But her estate (ie Aaron) would claim benefits. In that sense he might be considered one of the O6.

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
I do not know if I would agree that Claire dies... just as Lost goes, I just think there is more to the story.
I know- that doesn't help.
I fire myself...thank you, drive through...

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
DragonFly, I think part of the coverup has to be that Claire is dead.

In "real life" she could be either dead or left behind on the island. My guess at this point is the latter just 'cause I think that sets up more dramatic possibilities in the future.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
I don't think Aaron counts as one of the Oceanic 6 as he wasn't one of the original passengers. (The timeline still screws me up.)

I think you are referring to the promo for "The Economist" saying that another would be revealed (when we find out it is Sayid).  This episodes promos did not tell us of another one being revealed.  I don't think we can count Aaron as one of the 6.

Did Claire have him fed-exed over to the island later?  He was on the plain as sure as she was.  And the promo said another of the six will be revealed.  It was him.

Sorry, but he didn't have a ticket, so I wouldn't count him as one of the original survivors, that's all. Usually the media would report one of the six had a baby while marooned.

But you're right, I forgot the promo said another one of the six would be revealed.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 11:02:25 AM »
I don't think Aaron counts as one of the Oceanic 6 as he wasn't one of the original passengers. (The timeline still screws me up.)

I think you are referring to the promo for "The Economist" saying that another would be revealed (when we find out it is Sayid).  This episodes promos did not tell us of another one being revealed.  I don't think we can count Aaron as one of the 6.

Did Claire have him fed-exed over to the island later?  He was on the plain as sure as she was.  And the promo said another of the six will be revealed.  It was him.

Sorry, but he didn't have a ticket, so I wouldn't count him as one of the original survivors, that's all. Usually the media would report one of the six had a baby while marooned.

But you're right, I forgot the promo said another one of the six would be revealed.

As a father, I would count a fetus as a survivor, and I think the media would also, if only to avoid the backlash of leaving him out of the count.  The only way he would not be counted IMO would be if the rescue happens a long time after the arrival of the freighters and Kate later lies about the baby's age and claims to have gotten pregnant and had him completely on the island (Aaron was born shortly after crash, so if Kate got busy right away, she'd only have to claim her baby is nine months younger than Aaron actually is) or if that story is actually the case and Kate's Aaron is her own, named for Claire's baby who tragically died.

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »
Survivors are considered as names on the manifest or maybe not, how else would she claim him?  WHo would give her cistody of some one elses baby when she's a murderer?  SHe would have to say he's hers WHICH IS WHY she won't let her mom met Aaron, she knew Kate wasn't pregnant when she went on the run and needs to avoid the questions from the mother she doesn't trust.  Good for Kate for protecting Aaron.

Offline Lady Penelope

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »
I think that on the island there was either:

1. An ultimatum laid down by the people who will take the survivors off the island. They have lots of info on the losties and could then dictate who they take, feeding them the cover story (that jack keeps telling) etc.... and for some reason they keep the identity of who else is on the island a secret.

2. Locke goes a bit mental and accidently kills Claire, Jack and Kate come to help but it's too late. When faced with the orphaned Aaron, Ben says it's Jacks Nephew and Jack freaks out. Kate takes the baby.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »
Has anyone considered that maybe by the time our flash forwards take place, there may not BE any other survivors left on the island.  Maybe Jack was telling a different version of the truth when he said only six survived.  Maybe he avoids seeing Aaron because of his guilt about what happened to everyone left behind.
Doesn't explain everything, but just one option.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
Could be.  Maybe it'll go the route of City on the Edge of Forever from the old Star Trek.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »
We need to bear in mind that we have not necessarily seen the newest/oldest flash forward,

I think there will be more flash forwards later than jacks suicide attempt/visit to funeral home,

They could all eventually get rescued, at the point we are at we only know of six that get off, but that doesnt mean in the big picture everyone else is dead, although for Claire to give up Arron something terrible must have happened, as I said LOST could end alot further into the future that we have been shown up till now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:11:55 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Jack Claire's half brother..Aaron his Half Nephew
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
Do you think that mybe Jack found out that Aaron is he half nephew and that is why he doenst want to see him? He did have major daddy issues.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »
I think it's mainly guilt at leaving Claire and other Losties behind, alive or dead. If he knows Claire's his sis, that just adds to the guilt.