Author Topic: Is Aaron one of the Oceanic 6?  (Read 14259 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Aaron one of the Oceanic 6?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:47 PM »
would they let a wanted fugitive legally adopt a son?  or did they just let her have him because of the circumstances of the island?  or did she really lie and say that that is her real son?  anyone know the finer legal points of this?

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:58 PM »
Would Aaron be apart of the "Six"? Reason why I ask is because he wasn't actually involved in the crash....?

thoughts?

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
Would Aaron be apart of the "Six"? Reason why I ask is because he wasn't actually involved in the crash....?

thoughts?

Thats what I was saying...

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »

thoughts?

Thats what I was saying...

sorry:) didn't see it till after I posted

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »
Good point I think they are using the 6 as the 6 on the plains manuscripts.  He was not on it because he wasnt born yet.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 11:53:10 PM »
so the media says "look!  there is the oceanic six!  and that one baby that also survived the ordeal on the island..."   i dont know.  i would think aaron would be the MOST sensationalized of the survivors, being that he was born on the island.  i think it would be pretty likely that they group him with the six...

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 11:54:47 PM »
Yeah, I said this in another thread here: The media probably coined that phrase of "Oceanic Six." It would be a really stupid catch phrase if there were actually, like, eight or five people in any group shots they probably took at the time of the media frenzy. I'm sure it means six people, six individuals, period. Just because someone had to hold one of them up doesn't make him less of a person to be counted by the media.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 11:56:27 PM »
I think he is one of the 6. He is one of the 6 who come back from the island. Like you said.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »
I guess not being on the manifest would exclude you from being one of the Oceanic 6. IMO we still got 2 to go.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »
would they let a wanted fugitive legally adopt a son?  or did they just let her have him because of the circumstances of the island?  or did she really lie and say that that is her real son?  anyone know the finer legal points of this?
good question...if Claire has no imediate family except her aunt, upon contacting her, the truth may come out that Claire and Jack are related...

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 12:05:13 AM »
I'm not buying the "not on the manifest" thing. I think a media frenzy occurred and some newsperson coined a phrase: Oceanic Six. The *most* logical reason for the number six in a situation like that would be that they rescued six people. Period. There would be little reason for the media to use one coined phrase for plane people, one for fetuses who weren't born yet, and still another one for people like Ben. That's just too confusing for the general population watching CNN.

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 12:10:01 AM »
In reality Aaron would count.  On the show... I doubt it.  The real question is what happened to Claire and how did Kate convince the rest of the world (including her own mother) that Aaron is her own son?????   CRAZY :o

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:31 AM »
And he was still a fetus when the plane crashed... I dunno if that counts... :-\

This thread is opening up a can of worms bigger than Lost.  Does being 'still a fetus' mean that Aaron 'was'nt actually involved in the crash'?  Are you kidding?  Claire was practically in labor by the time they got on the island.  I'll bet neither of you are parents.  If you've ever gone through a pregnancy, as a mother OR father, you'd be counting Aaron as one of the six.  He was on the plane as much as Claire was.

Offline PeterSalda

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 01:26:52 AM »
I thought Jin and Sun would be the last two.  If Aaron is the fifth (and I believe he is), the last one is probably either Sawyer or a big surprise.

Potential big surprises:
  • Michael or Walt
  • Desmond
  • Christian Shepard

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 01:31:18 AM »
  • Michael or Walt
  • Desmond
  • Christian Shepard