Author Topic: jack's reaction to going home with kate  (Read 12457 times)

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: jack's reaction to going home with kate
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 12:07:58 AM »
Still, people change and get weird when things like traumatic death happen. Especially if they want a moment of fame. We only saw that character for a little bit, though, and not at her best, I'm sure. Hard to predict what she'd do -- but she's a definite possibility as a means of Jack finding out about his sister. (How else would he find out at this point?)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
If Jack knows it is his nephew, wouldn't you want to know him, be part of his life? But it is Jack we are talking about.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
it only leaves something tragic with Claire, why he cant look at Aaron...

Offline fieldy32

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:33 AM »
I'm curious how Jack would ever find out Claire was his sister at this point, though. If Claire's not one of the six, and his father is dead, and her mother is dead, then ... her mother's sister is about the only character left who knows, and ...

Wait! At any sort of memorial service or with any sort of media frenzy, her mother's sister could easily see the name Jack Shepard and make the connection with Christian Shepard ... and spill the beans to Jack.

But would she? She really didn't want to acknowledge Claire's parentage at all previously.
I'm sure Ben has this information, he could easily have told them by the time Jack gets off the island.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:21 AM »
1 . I would say that Claire dies.....That would be the only way that she would give up her baby...The other part to that is he (jack)knows that this is part of his father's "other" family and is just all set with that ....You know like thanks but no thanks

2. That he knows that Kate stole the baby ...maybe the thinking is that they/her stole the baby because they/her think it will would be better off with the Oceanic 5/6 in the real world then on some kooky uncharted Island

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 05:21:07 AM »
Or it just could be weird for Jack, being in love with his nephews mom and all.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:11 AM »
I restarted the 'Someone to Die in Season 4?' General Spoiler thread, if you care to look...

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 08:49:09 AM »
I agree with people that are saying Ben knows who Claire's daddy is. Maybe even Juliette knows.
I wonder if Ben uses this information to make Jack do things?
Jack wouldn't take the baby, but Kate jumped at the chance. Jack is heart broken over the loss of his only sister, and never really buried his father. He couldn't save Claire, she dies on the island. Drunken spiral...Bushy beard Jack.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »
Yeah, another tidbit of info Ben is holding onto until it becomes valuable.  Possibly Jack finds out after it is too late, either Claire is dead or still on the island.  I can imagine her giving Aaron to Kate to get him off the island, but I can't imagine why she wouldn't be able to leave herself unless she dies.

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
something is keeping the other survivors from getting off the island.  it could be death, but i dont think that all of them are dead.  it is possible  that claire is dead though.

i was thinking that the bro/sis info would be revealed by Ben, but maybe the folks on the boat kow if too.  Maybe after Jack is off the island and on the frieghter they tell him just to mess with his mind.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »
One word...guilt.

Offline Monalisa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »
But if the Oceanic 6 get big money (did you see Kate's fancy house) then relatives will be coming out of the woodwork.  If Aaron is the 6th survivor, then he might have a sizeable settlement and Claire's aunt could potentially claim it as the sole living relative.  Thus an opportunity for Jack to find out about Christian's relation to Claire.  And maybe as Claire lay dying she asks Kate to care for Aaron.  The aunt tries to claim him, Kate refuses, and Jack is caught in the middle.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
On the witness stand, Jack says that he loved Kate once, but no longer. Then in the garage he tells her it was a lie...meaning he does love her. Why does her eyes light up like that? I thought she really loved Sawyer? (Which is why I was expecting the baby to be Sawyer's.)

Anyway, I don't think the other survivors left on the island are dead. Why would Hurley be "seeing" Charlie and getting prompted to go help them? He is definitely too scared to go back. Kate doesn't want to go back (could be because of the probation we just learned about?) but Jack feels guilty and wants to fix things somehow. I think Claire couldn't leave for some reason, she asks Kate to take Aaron to keep him safe, and Jack goes along with the story. Because if Kate had done something to Claire to get off the island I don't think Jack would be telling her that he still loved her in the garage.

I don't think Aaron counts as one of the Oceanic 6 as he wasn't one of the original passengers. (The timeline still screws me up.)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »
I don't think Aaron counts as one of the Oceanic 6 as he wasn't one of the original passengers. (The timeline still screws me up.)

Did Claire have him fed-exed over to the island later?  He was on the plain as sure as she was.  And the promo said another of the six will be revealed.  It was him.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

Did Claire have him fed-exed over to the island later?  He was on the plain as sure as she was.  And the promo said another of the six will be revealed.  It was him.

Sorry, but he didn't have a ticket, so I wouldn't count him as one of the original survivors, that's all. Usually the media would report one of the six had a baby while marooned.

But you're right, I forgot the promo said another one of the six would be revealed.