Poll

How Does Kate Get Aaron?!

Claire is a goner...
46 (51.1%)
Kate steals Aaron
3 (3.3%)
Claire dies sometime after the rescue (she is a member of the O6)
1 (1.1%)
Claire decides that she needs Aaron to get off the island so badly that she gives him to Kate
30 (33.3%)
Aaron cried one too many times and she got sick of him, so she sold him to the highest bidder
4 (4.4%)
Other (please explain)
6 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."  (Read 27013 times)

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »
Does anyone remember what exactly the psychic told Claire back in Australia?
As far as I remember, that it was crucial she raised Aaron herself, but later told her he found a suitable couple in L.A. who could do it. Thus she's in flight 815.
Well, maybe it's all part of connecting Aaron to the suitable couple: Jack and Kate, who in the future we find are L.A. based.
Could it be that the universe is self-correcting again?
 :o
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:00:29 PM by *MaZ* »

Offline Monalisa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
Yes, but it would appear from information revealed later when we see psychic dude again that he believed himself to be a phoney, and that the story about the couple was possibly a ruse just to get Claire on that flight.  So it isn't clear that there ever really was a couple waiting for the baby.  Interesting question though - that would be a curve from left field!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2008, 02:46:14 PM »
I don't think that we're getting caught up on something that matters here. The lie could be told, but that leads to the more important question of WHY the lie needs to be told.
For those out there who are still unconvinced that Kate's "son" is Claire's Aaron, then you're watching the wrong show. Perhaps you need to re-watch the first few seasons to understand that this isn't a show that would take an unnecessary turn and name two young male characters the exact same name.
As to whether or not Kate is lying about her "son" I'm here to tell you it isn't important. We know it isn't her son. We know that something bad had to happen to Claire. Now the only question is: does the world even think that Claire Littleton survived the plane crash to even have the baby? If so what are the chances of someone connecting the dots? Maybe Thomas, Claire's BF, has a suspicion about the baby, maybe he knew she wanted to name the baby Aaron, if it was a boy, and wants a DNA test. Outside of that small possibility I don't think it matters if Kate lied or not, she has Aaron, she seems to be his Mother, even though its not in a biological sense.

you my friend are one of the few who knows what is going on!!!

kudos!!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/stjarna/postoftheday.gif

Very well stated. Dead on right.

Add me as one more who sees it this way.  The baby is definitely Claire's Aaron.  Then we can go back to the biblical tie-ins -- Aaron was Moses' brother; Moses was given up by his biological mother to be raised by a foster mother who could save his life.  I can see it as some of the scenarios posted earlier -- Claire and Aaron get onto the helicopter (thus fulfilling Desmond's vision - I don't think he lied), but then something happens (probably Jack's fault  ;)) and Claire doesn't quite make it back into the 'copter before it takes off, and she hands the baby in to Kate and says "Take my baby!" cue dramatic music right before Claire dies...  This could explain Jack's reluctance to see the baby, as it reminds him of his responsibility for Claire's death.  I'm guessing that after their rescue, Kate has been passing Aaron off as her biological child, so that no messy custody claims can come up if she's actually convicted -- no way would someone with her history be allowed to foster or adopt a child, but they wouldn't take away a biological one.  Would they do DNA tests?  Probably not.  A plane crash survivor with a doctor to testify for her?  Nah.  They'd just take it for granted that she was the mom.  Especially if she's the only female of the Oceanic Six.  : 8)

Does anyone remember what exactly the psychic told Claire back in Australia?
As far as I remember, that it was crucial she raised Aaron herself, but later told her he found a suitable couple in L.A. who could do it. Thus she's in flight 815.
Well, maybe it's all part of connecting Aaron to the suitable couple: Jack and Kate, who in the future we find are L.A. based.
Could it be that the universe is self-correcting again?
 :o

Ooooo!  I like that, too.

Am I the only one who was absolutely certain that in that last scene Kate was going to lean over the baby and say "Go back to sleep, James...." ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:30:29 PM by Madam P »

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
Yes, but it would appear from information revealed later when we see psychic dude again that he believed himself to be a phoney, and that the story about the couple was possibly a ruse just to get Claire on that flight.  So it isn't clear that there ever really was a couple waiting for the baby.  Interesting question though - that would be a curve from left field!

Even if it was a ruse, which we can safely assume that it was, it doesn't make him less of a psychic. He told Claire that, bought her tickets, gave her money, he had to have believed in his abilities well enough.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:18:45 PM by Gutterball94 »

Offline Monalisa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »
Or... he was being paid by someone to get her on that flight...

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
Or... he was being paid by someone to get her on that flight...
Possibly, but then you'd have to make the argument that Oceanic 815 was SUPPOSED to crash. Who else knew it was going to crash so that they could pay Malkin? Why is Clarie needed on the plane? I think that's too much to support... its much easier, and more plausible, to say that Malkin knew what he was doing.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2008, 03:36:06 AM »
Nah... I don't think Aaron was Claire's.  I think it was Jack and Locke's love child named after the little baby that finally brought them together.  And they all sang, "Kumbaya!"

Offline phoodyb

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
my very 1st reaction was "why did Kate steal Aron" because Claire, at all costs, must be Aron's Mom.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
Oh my god this is confusing!!!! Kate said that was hers and Sawyer's, how could it have been Aaron?!!? How?!?!
By the way, I voted Clair wanted to get Aaron off the Island so she gave him to Kate, but then why would Kate say its hers/Sawyers?  ???

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2008, 11:03:19 AM »
kate never said it was hers and Aaron's.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2008, 06:40:37 PM »
Right, never mentioned the father.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »
That is the line that the fortune teller Malkin said in S1E10. We now know that this isn't going to be the case.
They go on to say:

MALKIN: This child parented by anyone else, anyone other than you -- danger surrounds this baby. . .

CLAIRE: Danger?

MALKIN: Your nature, your spirit, your goodness, must be an influence in the development of this child.

CLAIRE: If Thomas and I don't get back together I'm putting this baby up for adoption. I just wanted to find out what would give the baby the happiest life.

MALKIN: There is no happy life -- not for this child, not without you.

Thoughts?

Oh now that this is like going to be two years old one must sit back and say what is going to happen to baby Aaron who is a little boy now.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
unless Christian is Aaron

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
That is the line that the fortune teller Malkin said in S1E10. We now know that this isn't going to be the case.
They go on to say:

MALKIN: This child parented by anyone else, anyone other than you -- danger surrounds this baby. . .

MALKIN: Your nature, your spirit, your goodness, must be an influence in the development of this child.

CLAIRE: If Thomas and I don't get back together I'm putting this baby up for adoption. I just wanted to find out what would give the baby the happiest life.

Thoughts?

Oh now that this is like going to be two years old one must sit back and say what is going to happen to baby Aaron who is a little boy now.

Well Kate went back to the Island to find Claire.  So there's gotta be a Claire/Aaron reunion at some point.  And maybe that is what will make everything right with the world.  Maybe that's why they had to come back?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2009, 06:21:51 AM »
They go on to say:

Thoughts?

Well Kate went back to the Island to find Claire.  So there's gotta be a Claire/Aaron reunion at some point.  And maybe that is what will make everything right with the world.  Maybe that's why they had to come back?
Ummm could be E.S.B. but they had to go back to get the folks from the 70's back.  that is what i am banking on.  Cause thas was the tear that was messing some of the things up