Poll

How Does Kate Get Aaron?!

Claire is a goner...
46 (51.1%)
Kate steals Aaron
3 (3.3%)
Claire dies sometime after the rescue (she is a member of the O6)
1 (1.1%)
Claire decides that she needs Aaron to get off the island so badly that she gives him to Kate
30 (33.3%)
Aaron cried one too many times and she got sick of him, so she sold him to the highest bidder
4 (4.4%)
Other (please explain)
6 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."  (Read 26987 times)

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »
Doesn't make sense.  I haven't seen anything from Locke suggesting people shouldn' t l;eave the island.  He's saying not with these people (Freighter types.)  Claire believes Locke, that these people are dangerous.

Has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to get off the isalnd.
Has to do with, as Sawyer said, Survival.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2008, 08:44:08 PM »
"There is a vast open prairie of possibilities to the ridiculous idiot, compared to the four walls, roof and ceiling of those living in a box...

The Philosophical Mule

Idiotically Ridiculous, deal me in!

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam........!  Love the quote, may I use it?

I do hope it is not shuffled off w/o a proper send off for the Australian cutie...(kinda miss the gothy black hair and smudgy eyeliner, takes me back....)
Hopefully it is befitting our fav love child, carrier of the island's Savior.......

so hot!!! i love claire, i think she is ridiculously hot and the gothy black hair was sooooo nice lol

We're on the same page here, I'll tell you!  My first post ever was about Claire being a pretty blond but smokin' hot as a brunette!   :o

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:08 PM »
Doesn't make sense.  I haven't seen anything from Locke suggesting people shouldn' t l;eave the island.  He's saying not with these people (Freighter types.)  Claire believes Locke, that these people are dangerous.

Has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to get off the isalnd.
Has to do with, as Sawyer said, Survival.

Welllll, he did knock out Sayid when he was trying to triangulate Rousseau's radio tower. He did blow up Mikhail's station. And, oh yeah, there was the little sub incident. So, I think it's fair to say he wants to keep the island isolated.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2008, 09:06:39 PM »
"There is a vast open prairie of possibilities to the ridiculous idiot, compared to the four walls, roof and ceiling of those living in a box...

The Philosophical Mule

Idiotically Ridiculous, deal me in!

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam........!  Love the quote, may I use it?

I do hope it is not shuffled off w/o a proper send off for the Australian cutie...(kinda miss the gothy black hair and smudgy eyeliner, takes me back....)
Hopefully it is befitting our fav love child, carrier of the island's Savior.......

so hot!!! i love claire, i think she is ridiculously hot and the gothy black hair was sooooo nice lol

We're on the same page here, I'll tell you!  My first post ever was about Claire being a pretty blond but smokin' hot as a brunette!   :o

Use away, Lostfan, use away...!

Am intrigued by the idea that it is just these people Locke is wary of and not staying on the island[put forth by Lost Ed], though If I am not wrong, Locke is pretty much attached to the place, no Randy figure here (yet) and wants to keep it as is, sans outsiders,  yes Claire has decided to stay with Him an his tribe...Unless something like slo-mo time happens, we should be finding out about Claire in the near and near....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »

4.  Logical next jump for me - Jack convinces Claire to get on the helicopter with Aaron; Locke doesn't like it and might use a gun to stop them; Jack doesn't like Locke trying to stop them from leaving and uses force to stop Locke from stopping them; Claire gets killed in the struggle BY JACK (accidentally) while he is gunning for Locke.
That would definitely make Jack feel pretty guilty...

Monalisa, great post!  I think you may have hit the nail on the head here.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »

4.  Logical next jump for me - Jack convinces Claire to get on the helicopter with Aaron; Locke doesn't like it and might use a gun to stop them; Jack doesn't like Locke trying to stop them from leaving and uses force to stop Locke from stopping them; Claire gets killed in the struggle BY JACK (accidentally) while he is gunning for Locke.

Monalisa, great post!  I think you may have hit the nail on the head here.

A definite possibility, good idea.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
I voted "other" - but have no alternate explanation.  Claire MAY die - but I can't say for sure.  I think it will be something we haven't thought of yet....

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »
Maybe Claire is one of the Oceanic 8 (8 survived and 2 died according to Jack's testimony)-she had to have survived the plane crash in order to have the baby in the first place.  That is unless, of course, that Kate claims the baby as her own and it's not 'adopted" by Kate on the island after Claire's death.  Perhaps it was Claire's dying wish that Kate adopt the baby.  Personally, my feeling is that Jack and Kate are lying through their teeth and are claiming it to be Kate's baby, when the know in reality that it is Claire's.  This raises a whole new possibility of a storyline ("this child must not be raised by another", according to Malkin), and also it raises the possibilty that time must move slower on the island.  In effect, in order to believe the story that Kate has now taken the baby, you must believe that time is moving slower, due to the fact that Kate was NOT pregnant at the time of the crash. and we are only 100 days post crash in the timeline of the show.

i'm picking up what you're putting down here, but somethings we dont know in reference to the timeline and Kate claiming Aaron as her own

right now we know Aaron is about 3months old (present time) and during Kates flashforward they listed Aaron as "two yr old boy"

so its about 1yr 9months, to 2yrs from the 100 day marker,

what we dont know is how much time it takes them to get from island to freighter and then freighter to Mainland

it could all make sense if Kate is to claim she was a few months preggo while on the flight that crashed

did this make sense?
amen brotha!  it makes perfect sense to me.  i keep thinking, why can't kate tell people when she gets of the island she was 6 mos pregnant when she got there?  is that not possible?  she may not have really looked like it, but at 6 months some people still don't show much.  she was on the run, she wasn't in contact with friends/family, she was in a strange country.  i just don't think the possibility of the child being hers (or being portrayed as hers) is out there.  if she was 6 mos preggo, had the baby at 8 months, then you're only looking at aarons age being off by 2 months.  not that big of a deal when you're looking at a 2 yo.  especially a 2 yo that has been on an island for his entire life.  not far fetched for him to be developmentally or physically be behind normal any way. 

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
Claire gets on the chopper and then something happens and she dies
(They pushed her off!-j/k)

Kate takes the baby to raise as her own
Jack knows it his 1/2 sister's baby but he is filled with guilt and remorse about something to do with Clair'es death so that is why he doesn't want to see him.

Kate and Jack and the other 4 of the 6 know the truth but have lied to the public, media etc.. (duh)
Kate doesn't use Aaron in court because she doesn't want to draw attention to him and the questions that may come up about his "real identity"

(This all fits nicely in a little box doesn't it?  Almost a lttle too simple)

But I'm sticking to Claire is going to die.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:20 PM »

Aaron calling Kate "mommy" doesn't prove anything.

[/quote]

Well it kinda proves that Aaron thinks Kate is his mom, doenst it?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »
Maybe Claire is one of the Oceanic 8 (8 survived and 2 died according to Jack's testimony)-she had to have survived the plane crash in order to have the baby in the first place.  That is unless, of course, that Kate claims the baby as her own and it's not 'adopted" by Kate on the island after Claire's death.  Perhaps it was Claire's dying wish that Kate adopt the baby.  Personally, my feeling is that Jack and Kate are lying through their teeth and are claiming it to be Kate's baby, when the know in reality that it is Claire's.  This raises a whole new possibility of a storyline ("this child must not be raised by another", according to Malkin), and also it raises the possibilty that time must move slower on the island.  In effect, in order to believe the story that Kate has now taken the baby, you must believe that time is moving slower, due to the fact that Kate was NOT pregnant at the time of the crash. and we are only 100 days post crash in the timeline of the show.

i'm picking up what you're putting down here, but somethings we dont know in reference to the timeline and Kate claiming Aaron as her own

right now we know Aaron is about 3months old (present time) and during Kates flashforward they listed Aaron as "two yr old boy"

so its about 1yr 9months, to 2yrs from the 100 day marker,

what we dont know is how much time it takes them to get from island to freighter and then freighter to Mainland

it could all make sense if Kate is to claim she was a few months preggo while on the flight that crashed

did this make sense?
amen brotha!  it makes perfect sense to me.  i keep thinking, why can't kate tell people when she gets of the island she was 6 mos pregnant when she got there?  is that not possible?  she may not have really looked like it, but at 6 months some people still don't show much.  she was on the run, she wasn't in contact with friends/family, she was in a strange country.  i just don't think the possibility of the child being hers (or being portrayed as hers) is out there.  if she was 6 mos preggo, had the baby at 8 months, then you're only looking at aarons age being off by 2 months.  not that big of a deal when you're looking at a 2 yo.  especially a 2 yo that has been on an island for his entire life.  not far fetched for him to be developmentally or physically be behind normal any way. 

Not farfetched in a show with smoke monsters, time issues, polar bears in the desert etc.

THe lie could be told.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »
I don't think that we're getting caught up on something that matters here. The lie could be told, but that leads to the more important question of WHY the lie needs to be told.
For those out there who are still unconvinced that Kate's "son" is Claire's Aaron, then you're watching the wrong show. Perhaps you need to re-watch the first few seasons to understand that this isn't a show that would take an unnecessary turn and name two young male characters the exact same name.
As to whether or not Kate is lying about her "son" I'm here to tell you it isn't important. We know it isn't her son. We know that something bad had to happen to Claire. Now the only question is: does the world even think that Claire Littleton survived the plane crash to even have the baby? If so what are the chances of someone connecting the dots? Maybe Thomas, Claire's BF, has a suspicion about the baby, maybe he knew she wanted to name the baby Aaron, if it was a boy, and wants a DNA test. Outside of that small possibility I don't think it matters if Kate lied or not, she has Aaron, she seems to be his Mother, even though its not in a biological sense.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:39:11 PM by Gutterball94 »

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »
4.  Logical next jump for me - Jack convinces Claire to get on the helicopter with Aaron; Locke doesn't like it and might use a gun to stop them; Jack doesn't like Locke trying to stop them from leaving and uses force to stop Locke from stopping them; Claire gets killed in the struggle BY JACK (accidentally) while he is gunning for Locke.

This could also be foreshadowed when Locke said to Claire previously (when Ben shot Charlotte?), "What if you had been caught in the crossfire?"

------

People seem to be convinced that Aaron is good.  My original impression from the psychic was that Aaron was evil, especially if Claire didn't raise him, and that's why he purposely sent Claire on a plane he knew was going to crash.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »
I don't think that we're getting caught up on something that matters here. The lie could be told, but that leads to the more important question of WHY the lie needs to be told.
For those out there who are still unconvinced that Kate's "son" is Claire's Aaron, then you're watching the wrong show. Perhaps you need to re-watch the first few seasons to understand that this isn't a show that would take an unnecessary turn and name two young male characters the exact same name.
As to whether or not Kate is lying about her "son" I'm here to tell you it isn't important. We know it isn't her son. We know that something bad had to happen to Claire. Now the only question is: does the world even think that Claire Littleton survived the plane crash to even have the baby? If so what are the chances of someone connecting the dots? Maybe Thomas, Claire's BF, has a suspicion about the baby, maybe he knew she wanted to name the baby Aaron, if it was a boy, and wants a DNA test. Outside of that small possibility I don't think it matters if Kate lied or not, she has Aaron, she seems to be his Mother, even though its not in a biological sense.

you my friend are one of the few who knows what is going on!!!

kudos!!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/stjarna/postoftheday.gif

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »

you my friend are one of the few who knows what is going on!!!

kudos!!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/stjarna/postoftheday.gif

Very well stated. Dead on right.