Poll

How Does Kate Get Aaron?!

Claire is a goner...
46 (51.1%)
Kate steals Aaron
3 (3.3%)
Claire dies sometime after the rescue (she is a member of the O6)
1 (1.1%)
Claire decides that she needs Aaron to get off the island so badly that she gives him to Kate
30 (33.3%)
Aaron cried one too many times and she got sick of him, so she sold him to the highest bidder
4 (4.4%)
Other (please explain)
6 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."  (Read 27045 times)

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: "It is crucial that you, yourself, raise this child."
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »
So your saying I can call you ridiculous and you wouldn't get upset?

you're entitled to your opinion just like i am, but i would choose your words carefully, i'm rough around the edges lol

One should practice what he preaches...............

Anyway...

I think the Aaron is Claire's Aaron, but obviously the question on everyone's mind is "why". 

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »

you're entitled to your opinion just like i am, but i would choose your words carefully, i'm rough around the edges lol
Well..I would choose mine accordingly. And rough around the edges doesn't really scare me. :P
I mean I don't go around calling people idiots or ridiculous for what they believe or do not believe
You seem to be doing a good job of that all by yourself ;)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44:42 PM »

sweetie, i'm a nice person when you get to know me lol

but honestly
i'm not here to make friends, i speak my mind in the public forum and talk Lost

am i not playing nice enough for you?

anyhow......did Aaron saying mUmmy give anyone a clue? or was that just me?

deb - i wasnt trying to scare you silly

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2008, 11:48:35 PM »

but honestly

Aaron calling Kate "mommy" doesn't prove anything.

And I'm anything but sweet :P

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

but honestly

Yes it does!!!! He said it in an Australian acccent
He said Mummy not Mommy!!!! LMAO!!!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
I think the Aaron is Claire's Aaron, but obviously the question on everyone's mind is "why". 

I also think he's Claire's Aaron (didn't realize he called Kate mummy with an accent, that would definitely be making the point) and I think the 'why' will turn out to be more than just that Claire died.  That's my final answer, I'm locking it in, tell me what I've won, John............

One more thing:  If I think the producers might throw us a ridiculous idiotic twist, even if I think it is ridiculous and idiotic, does that still make me a ridiculous idiot?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

but honestly

well he didnt say MOMmy, he said MUMmy

where are all of our Brits from across the pond?!?!? Do we have anyone from down under on the board/bored?

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

I also think he's Claire's Aaron (didn't realize he called Kate mummy with an accent, that would definitely be making the point) and I think the 'why' will turn out to be more than just that Claire died.  That's my final answer, I'm locking it in, tell me what I've won, John............

One more thing:  If I think the producers might throw us a ridiculous idiotic twist, even if I think it is ridiculous and idiotic, does that still make me a ridiculous idiot?

"There is a vast open prairie of possibilities to the ridiculous idiot, compared to the four walls, roof and ceiling of those living in a box...

The Philosophical Mule

Idiotically Ridiculous, deal me in!
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
Great quote, Staggerlee!

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
Maybe Claire is one of the Oceanic 8 (8 survived and 2 died according to Jack's testimony)-she had to have survived the plane crash in order to have the baby in the first place.  That is unless, of course, that Kate claims the baby as her own and it's not 'adopted" by Kate on the island after Claire's death.  Perhaps it was Claire's dying wish that Kate adopt the baby.  Personally, my feeling is that Jack and Kate are lying through their teeth and are claiming it to be Kate's baby, when the know in reality that it is Claire's.  This raises a whole new possibility of a storyline ("this child must not be raised by another", according to Malkin), and also it raises the possibilty that time must move slower on the island.  In effect, in order to believe the story that Kate has now taken the baby, you must believe that time is moving slower, due to the fact that Kate was NOT pregnant at the time of the crash. and we are only 100 days post crash in the timeline of the show.

Another less distinct possibility is that Claire willingly gave up Aaron to Kate to get him off the island, while she stayed behind for some unknown reason.  Kate then either concocted the story herself that the baby was hers, or is in cahoots with the evil corporation or whoever helped them make up their stories post island, making Kate a more sympathetic character because she now is a single mother.

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »
Muchas Gracias, LostandSeek

with all the spec concerning Claire, and the timeline provided by the producers (also the timelines elsewhere on this forum) is there a chance of finding out her happenstance by the end of this shortened season?

As they said they've got 8 shows to fit into 5 now While this most likely will not be put on a back burner, I do hope it is not shuffled off w/o a proper send off for the Australian cutie...(kinda miss the gothy black hair and smudgy eyeliner, takes me back....)
Hopefully it is befitting our fav love child, carrier of the island's Savior.......
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
Maybe Claire is one of the Oceanic 8 (8 survived and 2 died according to Jack's testimony)-she had to have survived the plane crash in order to have the baby in the first place.  That is unless, of course, that Kate claims the baby as her own and it's not 'adopted" by Kate on the island after Claire's death.  Perhaps it was Claire's dying wish that Kate adopt the baby.  Personally, my feeling is that Jack and Kate are lying through their teeth and are claiming it to be Kate's baby, when the know in reality that it is Claire's.  This raises a whole new possibility of a storyline ("this child must not be raised by another", according to Malkin), and also it raises the possibilty that time must move slower on the island.  In effect, in order to believe the story that Kate has now taken the baby, you must believe that time is moving slower, due to the fact that Kate was NOT pregnant at the time of the crash. and we are only 100 days post crash in the timeline of the show.

i'm picking up what you're putting down here, but somethings we dont know in reference to the timeline and Kate claiming Aaron as her own

right now we know Aaron is about 3months old (present time) and during Kates flashforward they listed Aaron as "two yr old boy"

so its about 1yr 9months, to 2yrs from the 100 day marker,

what we dont know is how much time it takes them to get from island to freighter and then freighter to Mainland

it could all make sense if Kate is to claim she was a few months preggo while on the flight that crashed

did this make sense?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
I do hope it is not shuffled off w/o a proper send off for the Australian cutie...(kinda miss the gothy black hair and smudgy eyeliner, takes me back....)
Hopefully it is befitting our fav love child, carrier of the island's Savior.......

so hot!!! i love claire, i think she is ridiculously hot and the gothy black hair was sooooo nice lol

Offline Monalisa

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »
Surprised no one has discussed this, so here I go.  
1.  Claire is hanging out with Locke, which suggests she doesn't want to get off the island.  And Locke doesn't want anyone to get off the island and apparently is willing to kill to stop them.
2.  Jack badly wants to get himself and everyone else off the island, and is willing to hurt Locke to get them off.  Jack would particulary want to get Claire and the baby off if he knew that she was his half sister.
3.  So let's assume a few things that seem the most likely based upon currently known tidbits and opinions (yes, I know, but bear with me): Claire gets on the helicopter as in Des' vision; Claire dies or she wouldn't give up Aaron; Jack knows about the half-sister connection (Ben sure as heck would know and seems to like to tell Jack stuff that is hard to hear); Jack feels so guilty about something that he wouldn't want to see his own nephew OR be the one to care for him even though he is related to Aaron and Kate is not; Claire's Aaron is Kate's Aaron; Kate would not use Aaron as a pawn in her lawsuit, as she had told the attorney that she didn't want her son involved.
4.  Logical next jump for me - Jack convinces Claire to get on the helicopter with Aaron; Locke doesn't like it and might use a gun to stop them; Jack doesn't like Locke trying to stop them from leaving and uses force to stop Locke from stopping them; Claire gets killed in the struggle BY JACK (accidentally) while he is gunning for Locke.
That would definitely make Jack feel pretty guilty...

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
4.  Logical next jump for me - Jack convinces Claire to get on the helicopter with Aaron; Locke doesn't like it and might use a gun to stop them; Jack doesn't like Locke trying to stop them from leaving and uses force to stop Locke from stopping them; Claire gets killed in the struggle BY JACK (accidentally) while he is gunning for Locke.
That would definitely make Jack feel pretty guilty...

this makes sense

also i would like to touch on Kate NOT using Aaron as a pawn.......i think this was simply because Aaron is not hers and she doesnt want to jepordize her having him, it could draw too many questions during the hearing?