Author Topic: Why 3.2 million, Miles and Ben meeting  (Read 19892 times)

Offline Gmonkey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Why 3.2 million, Miles and Ben meeting
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »
Miles said $3.2mil because he needs $3.2. Either Miles is a mercenary and has outstanding debts or Ben has something of value to him worth exactly 3.2 million.

parking fines

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »
One possibility I didn't see mentioned below. It may be that Miles feels wronged by Ben, and that for some reason 3.2M is the figure he feels he's owed.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
One possibility I didn't see mentioned below. It may be that Miles feels wronged by Ben, and that for some reason 3.2M is the figure he feels he's owed.

Great, but again, why 3.2M?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 03:14:15 AM »

I didn't detect any animus between Ben & Miles.  It seems Ben is aware of Miles through the same information net that provided the information on the Losties.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »
I think that perhaps Miles works for the same people Ben does. The important part of the conversation may have been before the mention of money. Do you know who I am? Do you know who I work for? (i.e. the same people you do) In essence, I am here to help you. The 3.2 million was an arbitrary number to throw Kate off track. The money discussion is a red herring. Thoughts?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2008, 12:16:48 PM »
It was too specific of an amount.  I'm sure one day they will explain it.  I don't think they currently work for the same people.  Miles said "He's looking for you" or something like that.  I think Ben is very important to these people, they obviously do not want to kill him.  I can't buy that Miles was talking code to Ben to say we are here to help...that's just me tho.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »
The whole point of the bribe is that Miles will tell Miles' employer that Ben is dead.... I think you have to assume they're on different sides....

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »
Sorry, what I meant was Miles could possibly go to team Ben by taking the money and telling Him that Ben is dead.

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
It was too specific of an amount.  I'm sure one day they will explain it.  I don't think they currently work for the same people.  Miles said "He's looking for you" or something like that.  I think Ben is very important to these people, they obviously do not want to kill him.  I can't buy that Miles was talking code to Ben to say we are here to help...that's just me tho.
I agree here, sort of. Why did none of the other "rescue squad" want to fly off the island unless they are thinking of staying?  Miles can use the $ later when he figures out how Ben does it but for now he may very well be simply saying "Give it to me and I'll say you're dead"

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
Now Miles wants Ben to give him the money from the box, because evidently Ben (at least up until Locke started to exert dominance) was the box master.

Now I have this mental picture in my head of the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man crawling out of the black box and crashing across the island...

Good point about the black box, though.  Miles knows Ben can control the box, so he thinks Ben can "conjure" 3.2 mil out of it.  Still not sure why exactly 3.2 though.  Jugdish may have it right -- Miles knows (via his speaking with dead people) of something Ben has done that's worth exactly 3.2 mil.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2009, 03:46:42 AM »
And the correct answer is....

It's double what Widmore paid him.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:48 AM »
it only took us a season and a half to find this out, but who's counting?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2009, 10:07:39 AM »
Great, now the only question is why was the original offer 1.6 million!  Where'd they get that figure? 
(I don't really care myself, I thought I'd just get everyone going on this so you'd have something else to discuss for the next year!)  ;D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2009, 10:21:48 AM »
1.6 is 16 which is part of the numbers - Miles a greedy person wanted to up it?
or it is random and we are reading into this ??? idk

4 8 15 16 23 42