Author Topic: Sayid the Romantic  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid the Romantic
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »
Don't get me started on the Shannon thing. Besides the fact that Maggie Grace is THE worst actress ever in the history of acting, her character and Sayid were so not right for each other. Bad storyline...baaaaad. Sayid would make a better couple with Nikki than with Shannon.

LOLOL  Sadly, you are right!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
Elsa died the same way Shannon did.

Shot while chasing a ghost who talks backwards in the rain, by a paranoid, ex-cop murderer who was hearing whispers?

Oh, you mean in Sayid's arms!  ;)
rofl  Nice. ;D

Ben said something like...you remember what happened last time you put your heart before your head....and Sayid replies "and you used that to recruit me."

So, Sajid is going to have another love out there somewhere.  Someone whom he most trusts and someone who will betray him.... Nadia?  Is the object of his affection actually on the other team?  Or, will it be someone else?  Poor Sayid.  First they make him use that terrible accent and then they dump on him with bad women.

The really wierd thing, if you think about it, is that Sayid thought that he was playing Else, but it was Else that was playing him.  There has been a lot of conman themes in Lost and I wonder if the plane crash was to get people onto the island to kill Ben or takeover whatever makes the island special and, suddenly, Rose and Bernard are going to whip out uzi's and be entirely different people.  Do you get what I'm saying?
I think that Nadia's death or betrayal would be the only 2 things that would make him sell his soul to the devil.  Which is why I 100000% agree with THIS...
Don't get me started on the Shannon thing. Besides the fact that Maggie Grace is THE worst actress ever in the history of acting, her character and Sayid were so not right for each other. Bad storyline...baaaaad. Sayid would make a better couple with Nikki than with Shannon.
That he & Shannon ended up together completely trivialized his love for Nadia!!!  The very reason that he was even ON the flight!  & when he told Shannon that he loved her... >:( arghhhhh! >:(

NEway....he is a romantic.  Does anyone remember the way he looked @ even AnaLucia the morning after they had camped out while going to look for "Henry's" balloon?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 08:38:46 PM »
he who lives by the gun dies by the gun...isn't that the saying...maybe that goe for people around you too LOL

Sword, but yeah.
Yeah, but I watch old westerns :P lol

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »
That he & Shannon ended up together completely trivialized his love for Nadia!!!  The very reason that he was even ON the flight!  & when he told Shannon that he loved her... >:( arghhhhh! >:(

I think that Nadia's death or betrayal would be the only 2 things that would make him sell his soul to the devil.

I think I came to the same conclusion over in the Where is Nadia? post.  I'd say with a high degree of certainty that, in the final scene, Ben is referring to an upcoming Sayid/Nadia tragedy which he will have used to manipulate Sayid.  Btw, I love LOST!  How often does one get to use the future-perfect tense?

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »

I think that Nadia's death or betrayal would be the only 2 things that would make him sell his soul to the devil.

I think I came to the same conclusion over in the Where is Nadia? post.  I'd say with a high degree of certainty that, in the final scene, Ben is referring to an upcoming Sayid/Nadia tragedy which he will have used to manipulate Sayid.  Btw, I love LOST!  How often does one get to use the future-perfect tense?

Agree.  It will be a future Nadia tragedy.  But, will Nadia be shown to be playing on the other team or targeted by them?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »

English majors unite!!! (I have no idea if you were an English major, but I sure was, and thoroughly appreciate your post!! Whooooooooo hooooooo!)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »
That he & Shannon ended up together completely trivialized his love for Nadia!!!  The very reason that he was even ON the flight!  & when he told Shannon that he loved her... >:( arghhhhh! >:(

Yeah, that's been my argument in the past, too. When Sayid was first captured by Rousseau, she found the picture of Nadia on him and asked who she was. They ended up bonding slightly over both having long lost loves they were deeply motivated to find (Rousseau's was Alex). Sayid kept the photo of Nadia with him, always...and flashbacks showed Sayid doing insane things based purely out of a desire to be with her (shot his commanding officer, shot himself, set his friend up as a terrorist, watched his friend blow his brains out...).

Then, a week and a half after meeting Rousseau, he's boinking Shannon and saying "Eh, Nadia's probably dead anyway"?? lol

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »
I have no idea if you were an English major, but I sure was, and thoroughly appreciate your post!!

Naw. Taught English as a second language for years.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »
Please stop saying her name.  Boone being a man with Locke was tolerable.  Shannon needed a deep grave day one.  Whine whine whine. 

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »
In requesting that we stop saying the name of she that shall remain unnamed, you said it yourself.   ::)

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:59 PM »
Ben  "Why are you crying? Because it hurts? Or because you were stupid enough to care for her? These people don't deserve our sympathies - need I remind you what they did the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun."
Sayid  "You used that to recruit me into killing for you."
Ben  "Do you want to protect your friends or not, Sayid?"

lol - getting away from she that shall remain unnamed and getting back to Nadia for a moment...

That he & Shannon ended up together completely trivialized his love for Nadia!!!  The very reason that he was even ON the flight!  & when he told Shannon that he loved her... >:( arghhhhh! >:(

Yeah, that's been my argument in the past, too. When Sayid was first captured by Rousseau, she found the picture of Nadia on him and asked who she was. They ended up bonding slightly over both having long lost loves they were deeply motivated to find (Rousseau's was Alex). Sayid kept the photo of Nadia with him, always...and flashbacks showed Sayid doing insane things based purely out of a desire to be with her (shot his commanding officer, shot himself, set his friend up as a terrorist, watched his friend blow his brains out...).
Then, a week and a half after meeting Rousseau, he's boinking Shannon and saying "Eh, Nadia's probably dead anyway"?? lol

I believe that Nadia is still alive, as of the Ben/Sayid/vet incident. He did all of those insane things before in order to be with her - so why would he even bother working for Ben, killing indescriminately, if she was already dead? He has probably received information that she's alive and well and working for the other guys... or that she's being held captive perhaps? lol  ???

Still working on the last part... lol

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »
Ben  "Why are you crying? Because it hurts? Or because you were stupid enough to care for her? These people don't deserve our sympathies - need I remind you what they did the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun."
Sayid  "You used that to recruit me into killing for you."
Ben  "Do you want to protect your friends or not, Sayid?"

lol - getting away from she that shall remain unnamed and getting back to Nadia for a moment...

I believe that Nadia is still alive, as of the Ben/Sayid/vet incident. He did all of those insane things before in order to be with her - so why would he even bother working for Ben, killing indescriminately, if she was already dead? He has probably received information that she's alive and well and working for the other guys... or that she's being held captive perhaps? lol  ???

Still working on the last part... lol

Yeah, I agree, I think Nadia is still alive, too.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 01:53:59 AM »
While Hurley beat back that snake Abaddon by throwing a fit, I'm envisioning Abaddon sent some henchmen to question the more dangerous Sayid.  When Sayid reacted swiftly with violence, I think Nadia got killed in the crossfire.  That would be a delicious opportunity for Ben, who could stoke Sayid's desire for revenge as well as his sense of obligation to protect the other Oceanic 6 from silimar depradations. A veritable twofer, to realign Sayid's interests to those of Ben's.

If Nadia were alive, then Sayid would've attempt what Jason Bourne did when he tried to hide off the grid with his honey in India.  Sayid certainly had the money to effect a total disappearance.

As Sayid says, "Forgive me, but the day I start trusting him is the day I would have sold my soul."  Obviously, Sayid started trusting Ben.  What else would motivate him to sell his soul other than revenge against those who killed his Nadia?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:33:40 AM by Lion of Atreides »