Author Topic: What Does Charlotte Know?  (Read 4728 times)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What Does Charlotte Know?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
Maybe Charlotte doesn't trust the rest of her team with that kind of information.  I would think the only one she would tell would be Miles, but at that point she's had not contact with Miles.  Daniel is maybe a little too crazy and impulsive to tell and Frank is "just" the pilot.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
As far as Charlotte and what she knows and doesn't know...I got the impression that she was unaware of Ben being the reason for her team's mission to the island. She was completely uninterested that Ben was in her midst when Locke's group found her. There was no look of recognition in her eyes nor of understanding of the importance of literally being face to face with Ben. And as others have pointed out, when Locke was about to blow Ben's brains out, she didn't act like it meant anything to her if he died (outside of the horror of someone being killed in front of her). She also seemed shocked that he knew so much about her.

Charlotte may not have known anything about Ben being the real reason the four of them parachuted onto the island. She seemed extremely more interested in the polar bear and his Dharma collar...that alone could have been the reason she agreed to go onto the island, she didn't need anything else. If the pilot and Miles were the only two who knew about Ben, then perhaps after learning about Ben and his man on their ship and discovering that she had been kept in the dark but that Miles and the pilot knew all along, maybe she was more willing to trust Sayid over her two crew members...and agreed to keep quiet to help Sayid figure out what the eff is really going on, and why she's really out there.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »
Uh, that explanation works for me!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »
THis question looks pretty important. The producers have just told Doc Jensen that Charlotte has her "own as-yet untold important back story"

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 01:54:19 PM »
I think Charlotte is somehow related to the Widmores. Maybe she is Penny's evil step sister.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
If anything, Walt would be more likely to be Ben's "man" on the ship. He wouldn't even need a radio to talk to Ben lol...
:D  good one!