Author Topic: The Lists  (Read 1436 times)

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The Lists
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »
I was thinking about "the prestige" (the last phase in a magic act) at the end of the economist :-*  Question numero uno:  How did Ben recruit Sajid?   Question dos:  Don't you think their way of talking is now different?  It's as if they had never met or been on the island together.  Question tres:  THE LIST.  Ben says he has another name.  Is that name from Jacob?  What happened to all of  the people from the original lists?  We only saw Cindy or the flight attendant lady.  Were the lists a bad thing and the people got executed?  Was the crash really to get them on the island disquised as passengers/survivors?  When the others said..so and so wasn't even on the list...were they stating that the person was a noncombatant and not even worth messing with? 

Else was so well disguised....she had me fooled hook line and sinker :'( and it's got me wondering a lot that the crash was not just a crash!!!!!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The Lists
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »
I will officialy call the people on the list as people who left the island before the crash and never returned. If the O-6 keep quiet they are allowed to live, but all others will be killed by Sayid and Ben.

It's out there but this is Lost we are watching.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
Nah, I don't buy it. IF Ben was concerned about people not coming back, he would have prevented them from leaving in the first place. The people on the List must somehow be involved in destroying the integrity of Ben's plan (which I believe is either protecting the 'real world' from the island, or vice versa).

So, Elsa's boss is on the list. ONe thing that was interesting was when Sayid suggested to Elsa that her boss should look into some new technology. She responded that she had tried but he is rather old fashioned.

Funny, it reminded me of when Locke and Ben went to Jacob's cabin. Ben told Locke he should leave his flashlight outside because Jacob didn't like technology.

Okay, here's my crazy thought: Maybe Jacob is somehow prisoner (he did say "help me"). HOw? Don't know...but maybe he somehow gets freed (and by "freed" I mean "becomes real"). Maybe he is the boss and the mastermind behind Elsa's pager.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
I agree with the first part of Beann's post. The list is just a bunch of people who are opposed to Ben and his group. Whatever his group is at that future moment. It's probably still the Others, but whatever.

We've no reason to think the people Sayid's been killing were ever on the island. It's guaranteed that neither Elsa nor Avellino were among our Losties else they'd both have recognized Sayid immediately.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:41:37 PM »
what happened to ALL the people on the list?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:40:09 AM »
I ment they were others who had left prior to the plane crash, not losties.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »
Ah, sorry, I misread that. Welcome, by the way!!

Sooo... Do you think Ben's after them because they deserted him or do you think Ben has switched sides? It's kind of a cool idea, but aside from its coolness, can you give us any reason to believe it?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 08:36:27 AM »
ONe thing that was interesting was when Sayid suggested to Elsa that her boss should look into some new technology. She responded that she had tried but he is rather old fashioned.

Funny, it reminded me of when Locke and Ben went to Jacob's cabin. Ben told Locke he should leave his flashlight outside because Jacob didn't like technology.

Okay, here's my crazy thought: Maybe Jacob is somehow prisoner (he did say "help me"). HOw? Don't know...but maybe he somehow gets freed (and by "freed" I mean "becomes real"). Maybe he is the boss and the mastermind behind Elsa's pager.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob is somehow a prisoner, but I think it's a stretch at this point to think he's escaped and is The Economist. OTOH, I do like the "old fashioned" connection. Good catch, Beann! The people that I know that are the most old fashioned are, well, old. I wonder if there are some very long lived (a la Richard) people out there.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
No, I want to stay on track here.  On the tail section episode, we saw that the others took the children and certain adults who were on a list. 

Was the crash a way to get commandos onto the island disguised as survivors?  Were the original lists those who needed to be killed (except for the kids and cindy)?

Later on, the russian guy refers to a list....and you are not on it if you are not perfected.  How would that tie in?

Now, Ben is referring to names (did he use the term list?).  Are they all the same and what did happen to all those people taken from the tail section? 

(If you remember, the others tried to take Echo but failed.  Later he is killed by the monster.  Is that the fate of those on the list?) ???

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/List

I'm a little list obsessed too. :-\