Author Topic: The Truth  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Gmonkey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The Truth
« on: February 16, 2008, 12:06:37 AM »
Hi everyone.

After ep3 the economist i was left wondering - whose side should we be on?? is ben really a goodie? should locke be listening to the island? are the freighters really that bad?. It has become more than apparent to me that things are not as they seem at all, and because we don't know the truth behind everybody's past present and future, we can make very false judgments on characters. Who should we really be trusting???

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: The Truth
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »
We don't know, too much speculation...it could be becasue of the purge, that would a logical assumtion I think...but, we don't know what type or how many emenies Ben and his group have made, we don't know how many allies they have...there could be more than one group trying to get to the island...the truth is out there...

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »
It's beginning to look like there are at least two very powerful forces battling each other. One is the Boaties and their allies, which I think includes whatever is left of Dharma. And on the other side we have, well, the Others. In the middle we have the Losties who, for the most part, were trying hard to make better people out of themselves while on the island and seem to lose their way once they leave.

There is no group who is purely good or purely bad, just shades of gray. Ben and the Others are responsible for Dharmacaust so they remain a very dark gray for me until I hear a very good explanation. Locke is getting darker too. Sorry, but I need a better explanation for stabbing a woman he's never met before in the back than "Tall Walt told me to".

This is a hot topic in some existing threads, GMonk, so don't be too surprised if the mods move it, but it's a topic we'll be returning to for as long as Lost is on the air.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 12:26:37 AM »
...and there there are the spoilers which seem to indicate something else, for why the boaties are there... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:45:59 AM »
...and there there are the spoilers which seem to indicate something else, for why the boaties are there... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

could you point me to these spoilers? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:55:02 AM »
General Spoiler Talk, i posted a segment I read from another website...

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 01:22:03 AM »
I have to go with Jack. Not Ben, not Locke, Not Widmore/Hanso/Dharma/Paik....

Jack is the key. He looses his way, but no matter how much he cries and screws up, thens turn out ok.
I'm sure that the Island is the force of good, and everyone else is misusing it.
Hurley felt like he should have went with Jack, and I agree with him.

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 03:43:28 AM »
Jacks an idiot with a one track mind can't see the big picture.  Locke's a fool who believes everything he see's.  Ben's a two faced mass murdering liar.  I aint going with any of these guys!  Until last night I would have said Sayid in a heartbeat... now?????

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 03:06:06 PM »
I'm with DESMOND  :o :o :o

Bottom's Up mate!  8) :P

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »
I still think that Ben really believes that he is 'the good guy' and that whatever he is doing, he is doing for the greater good. He and his people are protecting the world from something on the island, or vice versa. I think we will find out in the end that Ben is right and bad things happen when the real world clashes with the island.

I think it's difficult to pick sides because they keep changing. But I believe we have seen that many Losties are already gravitating to the "Ben" side and I tend to put my money there too.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »
If it's not just a question of who is right and who is wrong, my money is still with the characters you CARE about.  I want the best for Kate, Jack, Claire, Sun and Jin, Hurley.  Everyone has their own list. I think it's a question of what kind of choices they are making - not whether they turn out well or not, but are they "living together" or "dying alone."

The island is the most important element.  I used to think someONE was the main character - now, I firmly believe that the island is not just a catalyst - it is the hero.

And yes, I HAVE taken my meds today!  :D

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Laklost, you are dead on again.  It's about the characters - they make bad choices, they make mistakes, they lose their way.  In the end, we hope that the Island leads them down the right path.  Even when they do bad things they regret or bad stuff happens to them -- even when Jack is close-minded and Locke is nutty and Sawyer kills Tom when he didn't have to, etc etc -- we still root for them.

I still think we can add Sawyer, Sayid and maybe even Locke to the list of characters we care about.   ;)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
I still think that Ben really believes that he is 'the good guy' and that whatever he is doing, he is doing for the greater good. He and his people are protecting the world from something on the island, or vice versa. I think we will find out in the end that Ben is right and bad things happen when the real world clashes with the island.

I think it's difficult to pick sides because they keep changing. But I believe we have seen that many Losties are already gravitating to the "Ben" side and I tend to put my money there too.
I agree!
I got yelled at for saying that way back when....
:-\

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »
Lost-Girl, maybe we both are crazy! I just don't think Ben is inherently a bad person. And...uh-oh....am I going to say this out loud? He's kind of sexy.

There. I said it.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
LOL, I wouldn't go that far ...... :D
But..I always thought why do we label these guys the "bad guys"?
We don't know enough about them, and we (the Losties) have invaded their land
Anyway..I'm with you on this and boy will some people be surprised when it is revealed that we are right LOL   ;)

(wow I actually think I'm a Lostie now? :-\)