Author Topic: Sayid Playing Golf  (Read 7636 times)

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid Playing Golf
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
I'm wondering if there was any significance to the irrigation coming on after Sayid shot that guy.  Probably not, but I thought I'd throw that out there.  I guess it hit home to me because I'm in the golf course business. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:15:07 PM by General Zod »

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
Certanily there is some symbolism there.  Remember he said he paid quite a premium to be out there by himself...Actually, he used the word "we".  One would think that they wouldn't water the grass while the rich guy's on the course.

It rains a lot on the island...lots of times after an "incident."  Synchronicity runs in overdrive on this show.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »
I'm wondering if there was any significance to the irrigation coming on after Sayid shot that guy.  Probably not, but I thought I'd throw that out there.  I guess it hit home to me because I'm in the golf course business. 
something else, you know how on island everyone has spoke about the rain when something goes bad...the sprinklers went on after he shot the dude...yeah, thats reaching LOL

btw- love the screenname & avi, General Zod. :D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »
Also the symbolism of water itself: like sayid is washing his hands of his actions.  his own little baptism...

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »
Also the symbolism of water itself: like sayid is washing his hands of his actions.  his own little baptism...
It's what Sayid was doing by grabbing the snow off of the garbage bin after putting the cellphone in there.  Vintage Lost...symbolism of washing your hands of something dirty with pure driven snow.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »
It's what Sayid was doing by grabbing the snow off of the garbage bin after putting the cellphone in there.  Vintage Lost...symbolism of washing your hands of something dirty with pure driven snow.
Someone else caught that too!

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 04:52:53 PM »

do you realize how long i was trying to figure that out, i didnt even think to put that together with the golf course

good catch!

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »
Extrapolation: if the golf course sprinklers and snowy street are purification metaphors, perhaps the rainshowers on the island function in a similar way.  The pentultimate example is Locke on the beach after the crash, raising his hand up to the baptismal rain, reborn with the return of the use of his legs.

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
something else, you know how on island everyone has spoke about the rain when something goes bad...the sprinklers went on after he shot the dude...yeah, thats reaching LOL

btw- love the screenname & avi, General Zod. :D

Thanks...General Zod is definitely underrated! :P

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

Speaking of pure driven snow...how about the crisp white sheets Claire and Kater were hanging on the line, and that blouse Kate was in in the first court scene.  Definite redemption, restoration symbols...