Author Topic: Where is Nadia???  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Nadia???
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »
Ooh, you're right. It was Ana-Lucia.  But Shannon died in Sayid's arms nonetheless.  Perhaps as punishment of Sayid for falling for her in the first place.  Which is odd that he did so, seeing as he was flying to LA to reunite with Nadia. Two-timer!

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
If the original crash was to put commando's on the island disguised as survivors and the lists were to track down which of the group were the bad people....could Anna-Lucia have been killed (along with Hurley's girlfriend) purposefully?

Could Ben have known that it was going to happen all along like a Desmond flash?

Where's Nadia?  Where's Waldo? ;) ;)

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 11:21:31 PM »
I like Puff6962's notion that the Losties are Others who were sent out into the world, have lost their way/diverged from their true selves, and were maneuvered (by the island?) onto Flight 815 to be brought back to the island, where they could attempt to rectify themselves, or like Eko, be judged failures and elininated.

I think Sayid will hook up with Nadia later in this season...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
Sayid didn't get any extra info about Nadia after the CIA gave him her whereabouts...he went and bought a tie at the airport right before boarding the plane (apparently to make himself look better for her). He got detained briefly because Shannon turned him in as "suspicious" (he asked her to watch his bags).

I also got the impression that when Ben said in the flash-forward that Sayid got shot the "last time he followed his heart" (or whatever he said), that he was talking about the woman Sayid just killed (Elsie?)...because it was obvious he had feelings for her because he warned her to leave the country...he didn't want her to be hurt. And she DID shoot him lol...

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »

I also got the impression that when Ben said in the flash-forward that Sayid got shot the "last time he followed his heart" (or whatever he said), that he was talking about the woman Sayid just killed (Elsie?)...

Since the vet clinic scene closely follows Elsie's shooting, clearly Elsie is "this time", while "last time" is another woman, likely Nadia. Ben is great. He has the ability to take 'nyah nyah, I told you so' to a whole 'nother level.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »
I like Puff6962's notion that the Losties are Others who were sent out into the world, have lost their way/diverged from their true selves, and were maneuvered (by the island?) onto Flight 815 to be brought back to the island, where they could attempt to rectify themselves, or like Eko, be judged failures and elininated.

[/quote

But, we have a flash of Jack as a young boy (when he got in a fight).  That would mean that Jack got sent out as a baby, young boy, or something else. 

Also, I think that you have to provide for some mechanism by which these guys lost their memories or diverged from their true selves.  Alternate realities....and in this one they're lost....and with redemption they can unite with their "total" self spanning all realities.  That would be a good use for the magic box and it would explain the other's incredible abilities.

I buy into this because of the russian guy's speech about being flaaaawed, weak, afraid, etc.  You have to be perfected to be on the list and united with or become your true island self. 

I don't know, Lion, was that what you were thinking? ???

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »

I also got the impression that when Ben said in the flash-forward that Sayid got shot the "last time he followed his heart" (or whatever he said), that he was talking about the woman Sayid just killed (Elsie?)...

Since the vet clinic scene closely follows Elsie's shooting, clearly Elsie is "this time", while "last time" is another woman, likely Nadia. Ben is great. He has the ability to take 'nyah nyah, I told you so' to a whole 'nother level.

The only thing about that is, why would Ben need to remind Sayid of some event in the past where he got shot after "leading with his heart instead of his head", when it just happened again earlier that day? It makes it sound like it hasn't happened since the "last" time and Sayid needed to be reminded of it...which you would think he wouldn't need to be reminded considering he still had a fresh bullet in him from leading with his heart and not his head mere hours ago. Sounds like an ongoing problem that Sayid has lol...

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »
somehow i have a feeling that Nadia was the 1st think on his mind when he got off that island, AND the one on Ben's mind when he mentioned the "when you think with your heart instead of your gun" moment... As i posted ^ i think Nadia is dead!

I don't think that Nadia is dead at all. Sayid said right after, "You used that to recruit me into killing for you" - Sayid has been recruited into killing for Nadia 2 other times (3 times?). I don't believe that he would be hitting for Ben if Nadia was dead - he was always doing it in order to be with her before...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »
Ok, now I'm possibly getting why Ben probably meant an earlier event, and probably regarding Nadia. I'm guessing that the last time Sayid "lead with his heart instead of his head" caused some harm of some sort to happen to Nadia (serious injury? kidnapping? on life support somewhere?)...Ben may have promised Sayid to take Nadia to the island to heal quicker or faster or whatever...to keep her from dying. But only if Sayid agreed to help Ben and do as he said. Nadia could be on the island!

Or not.

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
Never thought of it this way... I mean, I never thought of her as being injured - I always assumed we'd find out she's working for them or is being held by them (the Unknowns)

Not enough info to decide yet though.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »

But, we have a flash of Jack as a young boy (when he got in a fight).  That would mean that Jack got sent out as a baby, young boy, or something else. 

Also, I think that you have to provide for some mechanism by which these guys lost their memories or diverged from their true selves.  Alternate realities....and in this one they're lost....and with redemption they can unite with their "total" self spanning all realities.  That would be a good use for the magic box and it would explain the other's incredible abilities.

I buy into this because of the russian guy's speech about being flaaaawed, weak, afraid, etc.  You have to be perfected to be on the list and united with or become your true island self. 

I don't know, Lion, was that what you were thinking? ???

Ballpark.

Also, there seem to be multiple lists, not to be confused:
   * The Flight 815 crew & passenger manifest, of which:
     * The survivors, not all of which are:
        * The lost Others (i.e. any Lostie with a speaking part), of which:
           * Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, part of Ben's free surgery plan
   * Ben's hit list (of island enemies?)
   * Enlightened Others. Ben surely has listed them, too.

As for Jack's flashback to boyhood (I don't remember it specifically).  You might also cite Hurley's flashback as a young boy (which I do remember).  This goes to the thread of whether flashbacks/forwards are merely storytelling devices for our benefit, or impact the characters.  If we say merely for our benefit, then still, a critical juncture is a critical juncture, whether it happened just prior to boarding the plane (i.e. Jin & Sun, or Sayid & Shannon) or back in childhood. 

Do not forget:
  Only a fool is enslaved by time and space!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:06:08 AM by Lion of Atreides »