Author Topic: Where is Nadia???  (Read 2703 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Where is Nadia???
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »
I grew up in California until I was twelve on an air force base, as an adult now I find it hard to locate the people I grew up with, their families lived elsewhere and they are all over the country.  But like I said, I find it HARD, I also work at the IRS and know that you can find ANYONE if you try hard enough....So it might be hard for him to find Nadia, but why hasn't he???  Or if he did, where is she now???

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Nadia???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
shes somewhere in California. she was in one of Locke's flash backs. Right?

plus being a war refugee from Iraq Nadia may have taken measures to change her name or hide her identity.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
The quote from Ben to Sayid last night about," Last time you lead with your heart and got shot."
What if one of Syaid's jobs is to go get Nadia, because Nadia works for THEM?

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »
I think that Nadia was used against Sayid or he is protecting her.
Maybe she has a husband and children now. Sayid would want her to be happy.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »
What if one of Syaid's jobs is to go get Nadia, because Nadia works for THEM?

Quite possible.  Can Nadia's interactions with Sayid, Locke & Charlie all be coincidental? Or was she employed as a fixer, nudging some of the Losties on a path that would lead them to Flight 815? Maybe, tho, she's a fixer for Ben & Company, and the woman who got Sayid shot last time is another woman entirely (a not-dead Naomi?).

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »
Nadia a fixer?
Would this put her in the same organization as the monk and the ring lady?
They both seemed to want to get Des to the island as a possible fixer.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »
Nadia didn't strike me as having the mystical chops to be more than a normal person in the real world employed as a fixer.  Tho, she was involved in that Des - Charlie - Mrs. Hawkins/Monk nexus, so I wouldn't say so without a doubt.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
I've said a few times that I think Sayid got some news about Nadia just before the 815 takeoff that meant she was no longer available to him as a love interest. I don't know how else to explain his taking up with Shannon so quickly when the flight was supposed to be taking him to Nadia.

So, I figured she was either dead or told him something like, "Are you nuts, you tortured me and I never want to see you again".

But, if she were alive, well, and happily married, that would probably have the same effect on Sayid wanting to move on.

And yeah, he'd still be protective of her.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
When did we find out that Syaid was on Ocieanic 815 to go see Nadia?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
I think that Nadia was used against Sayid or he is protecting her.
Maybe she has a husband and children now. Sayid would want her to be happy.

i think They (the ppl on the list, Abaddons "partners" i think) somehow got Nadia killed, and Ben used Sayid pain to make him believe his friends (O6 and plus) were in danger and They would kill them of he wouldn't kill them first, that is why Sayid is unwillingly playing hitman for Ben.... just my thoughts...

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »
His payoff for going undercover with the terrorist cell in Australia was the whereabouts of Nadia. The spooks told him she was in Tustin, CA. He delayed getting on the plane to be sure his friend got a decent burial. I think he must have gotten some news about Nadia during that extra 24 hours.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »
His payoff for going undercover with the terrorist cell in Australia was the whereabouts of Nadia. The spooks told him she was in Tustin, CA. He delayed getting on the plane to be sure his friend got a decent burial. I think he must have gotten some news about Nadia during that extra 24 hours.

This is all correct.  Yet not long after getting on the plane to see Nadia, he starts shacking up with Shannon.  Just taking advantage of an opportunity? Anyway, it's clear Sayid is one of the O6, and not sneaking off via Ben's means of egress from the island, as he said he got the settlement as one of the O6.  Per this week's big "Who's the 4th O6?".  I would imagine that being very wealthy, he could try to see/woo Nadia.  Either that ended badly for Sayid (Ben: in Sayid getting shot for his heart), or Nadia wasn't there after all, and Ben is referring to some yet-to-be-named 4th love interest.

Ah, Sayid should just get a puppy.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
somehow i have a feeling that Nadia was the 1st think on his mind when he got off that island, AND the one on Ben's mind when he mentioned the "when you think with your heart instead of your gun" moment... As i posted ^ i think Nadia is dead!

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be sad if Sayid ends up shooting Nadia? That'd be three romances shot dead by his own hand.  If so, our torturer's fatal flaw will seem to be that romance and sentiment are no longer possible for someone such as Sayid has become.  Or, that perhaps Sayid's astute abilities, the ones which make him such a good torturer, are blinded whenever romance enters the picture.  Ergo, Ben's implied suggestion that perhaps he should just be a killer, and not a lover.  Three attempts at happiness, and all three ended in a brutal death of the source of that happiness.  Best if he just avoids seeking happiness through love, and be satisfied with the gun.

Ben, too, seems to have embraced that philosophy in his own life.  To be a manipulative SOB, you can't be having a giddy romance, or even wanting to.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Sayid didn't shoot Shannon....