Author Topic: Season 4 - BIggest Theorist  (Read 2684 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Season 4 - BIggest Theorist
« on: February 15, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »
Where is PUFFER?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

i want to know his thoughts on MPU's now, as well as Time Travel after watching this episode

puff puff give (me theories) man!

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 - BIggest Theorist
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »
Where is PUFFER?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

i want to know his thoughts on MPU's now, as well as Time Travel after watching this episode

puff puff give (me theories) man!

I agree... where's Puff???    I enjoy his posts.   

Puff you sick today brotha??

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »
He's quite the muse.   :)

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »
I don't understand this thread.  Everybody uses these acronyms.  What are MPU's and puffs?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
Multiple Parrell Universes...I think and it is one of Puff's (a fellow user) pet theories.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »
just like real life, there are no WMD's or MPU's

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:23:03 PM »
What was the Desmond thing then?  It seemed like he travelled somewhere that was not simply back in time.  Maybe you guys know somethin I don't here.... :-[

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »
you have to remember Des is different, he was in the direct area of the blast/implosion...

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »
So, if you stand in front of a hatch imploding, you can travel into an alternate reality?  You seem to be supporting what you deny :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:47:14 PM »
no, I'm saying those are different elements...Des did what ever happened to him during an implosion...the rocket didnt do anything close to that...But I did say somewhere way back in season two I think, they arent in another dimension...they are in between dimension...that was always my thought, just not enough evidence to support that....

MPU's means multiple, I dont think the sow has anything to do with multiple just one, ours...but they my be in between this and another...but the other doesnt really play into the show...just thinking out loud...

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 11:50:04 PM »
Des was at the center of the blast and it seems quite clear that what happened to him was a unique result of that event. No one else has shown any of his abilities to foresee the future, for example.

So until we see some reason to believe that other folks can time travel, many of us are skeptical about it. The closest we've come is the Orchid video...

It's not clear Des went into an alternate reality. If he did go back in time, he didn't seem to change anything long term. As the ring lady says, the universe has a tendency to self correct. If anything that comment supports one universe, not MPUs.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »
yes we have seen someone with desmonds gift.  ben.  he has consistently known what to do to get what he wanted....almost like he knew the future!!!!  now, we see that he travels everywhere without people knowing he's gone (thus the hidden closet).  the only way to do that is to time travel.  you go somewhere for a week and come back a minute later!  and, if you've got time travel....and you change something....you've got alternate reality.  its just like back to the future two and, if my four year old gets it.... :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
I'm sorry to rain on your parade, Mom, but we really don't know that most of that happens. Like so much else, it could be true, but all we've seen evidence of is that Ben is really smart. His only special talent seems to be that he could see his Mom and maybe he can talk to Jacob. But we've seen no evidence that he can time travel.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 04:47:05 PM »
Let me just step in line here, and say that when and if Puff shows up, I prefer that he use "The Economist" as further proof for his theory that the Losties' pasts have been undone.  I am really hooking into this idea.  I think leaving the island causes a memory dump.  We've seen Sayid go through his life pre-island regretting his decisions, then reforming on the island, but when he leaves, his past is erased-  tabula rasa - and his future is now under the control of the controller.

Come on out, Puff!  :D

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 05:46:17 PM »
I think it is kind of funny that since the recap episode he has not been on here.  He was talking so much trash to everyone against his theories and one huge one from last week was wrong.  They were flashbacks not flashforwards. 

The Rocket got stuck on the outside of the bubble and finally made it in.

Hes just sad because he has to rething his hole premis on the show now