Author Topic: My New Theory(s) based on the Economist 4.3  (Read 3280 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
My New Theory(s) based on the Economist 4.3
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
#1 - Widmore is behind this freighter, Abbadon stuff (my reasoning, when Desmond mentioned Penny Widmore to the pilot and Farraday both heads/eyes perked up when the name Widmore was said)

#1a - both Naomi (hired by Abbadon) and Elsa (in the flashfoward were wearing the  same bracelet)

#2 - Ben has in fact left the island on several occasions (based on passport, bizarre hidden walk in closet, money, Miles Photo)

#3 - There is a time manipulation going on, NO MPU, no time traveling per say, but a manipulation, i think this is happening from whatever "bubble" is surrounding the island

#4 - I'm going out on a limb with this one, but i'm going to venture to say that the pilot, farraday, and Miles do NOT make it back to the freighter in the end, and this is who Abbadon is talking about when he asked Hurley if they were still alive, I do not think Ben was talking about the Oceanic 6 when he was speaking with Sayid, i think he meant his friends that remained on the island

I have more, but will update later, just got into work

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: My New Theory(s) based on the Economist 4.3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »
I agree that Sayid is protecting the losties that stayed behind on the island, but I feel abaddon was asking whether or not anyone else from flight 815 is still alive on the island.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:00:03 PM by Savior »

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
#1 agree
#2 totally
#3 amen for no MPU, I like the term "maze" somone posted to describe whatever surround the island.
#4 I don't think Abbadon gives a toss about his people in the island. Actually, both the "others" and the "boaties" seem to have little concern for human life. I'm guessing Abbadon is really looking to find if there's any one at all alive in the island...for whatever reason. Maybe the natives? Remember the pilot referred to Juliet as a "native". Maybe there needs to be someone there to signal/allow/open the passage to allow the outside people in? Abbadon hasn't given up on the island, not the people. IMO.
I agree Sahyid is trying to protect the losties lest behind.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:02:20 PM »
but I feel abaddon was asking whether or not anyone else from flight 815 is still alive on the island.

disagree, a good liar, (in this case he is covering up, but same thing) will tell that story to such a degree that he believes it himself, if he shows any doubt about there not being any survivors he could jepordize the coverup

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
#1 - Widmore is behind this freighter, Abbadon stuff (my reasoning, when Desmond mentioned Penny Widmore to the pilot and Farraday both heads/eyes perked up when the name Widmore was said)

#1a - both Naomi (hired by Abbadon) and Elsa (in the flashfoward were wearing the  same bracelet)

#2 - Ben has in fact left the island on several occasions (based on passport, bizarre hidden walk in closet, money, Miles Photo)

#3 - There is a time manipulation going on, NO MPU, no time traveling per say, but a manipulation, i think this is happening from whatever "bubble" is surrounding the island

#4 - I'm going out on a limb with this one, but i'm going to venture to say that the pilot, farraday, and Miles do NOT make it back to the freighter in the end, and this is who Abbadon is talking about when he asked Hurley if they were still alive, I do not think Ben was talking about the Oceanic 6 when he was speaking with Sayid, i think he meant his friends that remained on the island

I think that you are trying to see everything too simply.  There are so many layers here that it doesn't make sense to say who was working for who.  We don't even know the teams, the objective, or....now that time manipulation has been introduced...the rules.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »

I think that you are trying to see everything too simply.  There are so many layers here that it doesn't make sense to say who was working for who.  We don't even know the teams, the objective, or....now that time manipulation has been introduced...the rules.

please elaborate,

i think everything i stated above could hold weight, and yes i tend to look at this show in a "simple" way, because 99% of the viewers, have not taken the extra steps to go online and waste their valuable time on a messageboard or scouring the WWW for screenshots

hence the "new enhanced" episodes of Lost

i do KNOW that the pilot and farraday know the name Widmore, i also know Widmore has sent people to the island before (henry gale)

i do KNOW Naomi and Elsa were connected due to the bracelet

i do KNOW Ben has left the island, we've seen a picture at an Airport, and now him in Berlin

i do KNOW there is a time manipulation going on, we saw the clocks

whats so hard to grasp

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
#1 - Widmore is behind this freighter, Abbadon stuff (my reasoning, when Desmond mentioned Penny Widmore to the pilot and Farraday both heads/eyes perked up when the name Widmore was said)I agree, they recognized his name. Abbandon works for Widmore.
     #1a - both Naomi (hired by Abbadon) and Elsa (in the flashfoward were wearing the  same bracelet)I think this might show that they work(ed) for the same employee. It is from their boss. A more sinister meaning to "I will always be with you" more like a warning.

#2 - Ben has in fact left the island on several occasions (based on passport, bizarre hidden walk in closet, money, Miles Photo)That is exactly what they are showing us. No need for MPU stuff, he just came and went like humans do.

AGREED!

#4 - I'm going out on a limb with this one, but i'm going to venture to say that the pilot, farraday, and Miles do NOT make it back to the freighter in the end, and this is who Abbadon is talking about when he asked Hurley if they were still alive, I do not think Ben was talking about the Oceanic 6 when he was speaking with Sayid, i think he meant his friends that remained on the island I do not know who is not making it off the island, but Abbadon is refferring to the people on the island.

You are on the right track. Good stuff.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
#1 - Widmore is behind this freighter, Abbadon stuff (my reasoning, when Desmond mentioned Penny Widmore to the pilot and Farraday both heads/eyes perked up when the name Widmore was said)I agree, they recognized his name. Abbandon works for Widmore.
     #1a - both Naomi (hired by Abbadon) and Elsa (in the flashfoward were wearing the  same bracelet)I think this might show that they work(ed) for the same employee. It is from their boss. A more sinister meaning to "I will always be with you" more like a warning.

#2 - Ben has in fact left the island on several occasions (based on passport, bizarre hidden walk in closet, money, Miles Photo)That is exactly what they are showing us. No need for MPU stuff, he just came and went like humans do.

AGREED!

#4 - I'm going out on a limb with this one, but i'm going to venture to say that the pilot, farraday, and Miles do NOT make it back to the freighter in the end, and this is who Abbadon is talking about when he asked Hurley if they were still alive, I do not think Ben was talking about the Oceanic 6 when he was speaking with Sayid, i think he meant his friends that remained on the island I do not know who is not making it off the island, but Abbadon is refferring to the people on the island.

You are on the right track. Good stuff.

thanks juggy!!! i had a 2hour commute this morning, so i did A LOT more thinking then i normally do lol

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
#1 - Widmore is behind this freighter, Abbadon stuff (my reasoning, when Desmond mentioned Penny Widmore to the pilot and Farraday both heads/eyes perked up when the name Widmore was said)  Yes.  Charles Widmore...not Penny.  Naomi had the pic & a copy of the same book that the guys in the arctic listening station had.

#2 - Ben has in fact left the island on several occasions (based on passport, bizarre hidden walk in closet, money, Miles Photo) Agreed.  I'm thinking Herarat Aviation.

#3 - There is a time manipulation going on, NO MPU, no time traveling per say, but a manipulation, i think this is happening from whatever "bubble" is surrounding the island  I'm not signing on to this simply because I'm not sure I understand all the terms as you're using them! lol

Not sure on #4.  I do think that Abbadon was talking about remaining Losties on the Island, though.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
I'm near positive that Abaddon is referring to survivors of 815.  There is a major cover up going on and he certainly can't afford to have that, among other things, jeopardized.

Please link me to more on Widmore and the connections you have been referring to...is that from Lost Experience??  I'm still working through that.

I am a avid believer that info from the Lost Experience will begin moving more and more into the show as time goes by.

Lastly, I wouldn't call it time manipulation...I would be satisfied just to say that time on the island is different...regardless how that is happening as of this unexplained moment.  I chalk it up to the abnormal elctromagnetism and stuff.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »
Interesting about Widmore sending Henry Gale, I never thought of that before!  Henry said in his note that he was on a trip around the world, or the pacific or something.  Sort of like the race Desmond took part in, also Widmore sponsored. Hmmm.

I think Abaddon is referring to 815 people when he talks to Hurley, and I really only think that because of Jack.  He wants to go back to the island...why?  To save the remaining people?  Maybe.  So Jack thinks there are people still left on the island, and Abbaddon has that line of thinking too.....?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »
Last year's Alternate reality game  http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Portal:Lost_Experience_Themes

This year's  http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Find_815

DMM- there's a Widmore Labs logo on the balloon.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »
I know there was a widmore logo, but yet i STILL never thought that widmore personally had anything to do with it.  and i call myself a theorist....

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
I agree with you for the most part.

#1-Naomi had to be working for Widmore. I agree with 1a, also.
#2-Since Richard and Ethan have, I think you are correct beyond any doubts.
#3-I think it's more a time distortion, like around a black hole. I think it's a natural phenomenon not a manipulation.
#4- I agree

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
I know there was a widmore logo, but yet i STILL never thought that widmore personally had anything to do with it.  and i call myself a theorist....

At first I thought the Widmore logo meant Daddy Widmore's cabal was behind Henry Gale.  But it could have been Penny's project, working at cross-purposes to her Daddy, to find Des.  Or somebody could've bought the equipment retail at Widmore's Balloon and Flying Contraption Emporium.  All are possible.