Author Topic: bands/bracelet  (Read 7575 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: bands/bracelet
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »
Well, here's a crazy thought. How about Roxanne or Roseanne (or some variation) Goodspeed, perhaps known to her friends as Annie.

We know Annie gave Ben a present with the idea that they'd never be apart. And the inscription says: I'll always be with you....

OK, I said it was crazy.

Not so crazy, maybe.  We don't know what happened to Annie, or the other kids of Dharma.  Maybe the Others spared them, not foreseeing that some of them would unite years later to retaliate.  Annie could be short for an R name like you said.  We also have Regina on the boat.  Elsa has a bracelet that they want us to know about.  Ben could have had someone off island keeping tabs on Annie all these years, and he ended up as Ben's man on the boat.  The rescuers had the gas masks to protect themselves against a known mode of attack by the Others. 

The only thing I can't see yet is why Naomi had Desmond's picture.  Unless Daddy Widmore is funding the revenge trip (remember Henry Gale flew in on a Widmore balloon) and he has had a change of heart about Penny's love and wanted Desmond to be spared.

Or maybe you are crazy!  ???

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
Well, here's a crazy thought. How about Roxanne or Roseanne (or some variation) Goodspeed, perhaps known to her friends as Annie.

We know Annie gave Ben a present with the idea that they'd never be apart. And the inscription says: I'll always be with you....

OK, I said it was crazy.

Not so crazy, maybe.  We don't know what happened to Annie, or the other kids of Dharma.  Maybe the Others spared them, not foreseeing that some of them would unite years later to retaliate.  Annie could be short for an R name like you said.  We also have Regina on the boat.  Elsa has a bracelet that they want us to know about.  Ben could have had someone off island keeping tabs on Annie all these years, and he ended up as Ben's man on the boat.  The rescuers had the gas masks to protect themselves against a known mode of attack by the Others. 

The only thing I can't see yet is why Naomi had Desmond's picture.  Unless Daddy Widmore is funding the revenge trip (remember Henry Gale flew in on a Widmore balloon) and he has had a change of heart about Penny's love and wanted Desmond to be spared.

Or maybe you are crazy!  ???
wow...I hadn't considered this.  I was thinking that Charles wanted to beat Penny to Des to continue to keep them apart.  Hmmm....

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 03:39:55 PM »
R  G will be Randall  Garrett.

R G Will be somebody who's first name begins with R and who's last name will be Garrett.

And until further info is involved, I shall not disagree.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
where did the garrett come from?

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »
where did the garrett come from?

footballmom's original post a page back or so speaking of the author Randall Garrett and relating those writings to the probability of RG on naomi's bracelet.

If footballmom is correct, my point is only that the first name will not be the same as the writer's.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
R.G. = Republican Guard.
All graduates of the Sayid School of Torture receive one upon completion.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
i think someone should change the title to bracelet...not band...I keep thinking of Cha-Leee and Driveshaft everytime I see this thread LOL

We just dont know enough about the bracelt at this time to make a logical theory...

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
R.G. = Republican Guard.
All graduates of the Sayid School of Torture receive one upon completion.

That was the first thing that popper into my head too.

Probobly not right, but great minds think alike.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »
Lindelof and cuse told Doc Jensen that  the bracelet are just bracelts. "it was just an emotional touchstone for Sayid." Nothing connective there.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:26 AM »
Lindelof and cuse told Doc Jensen that  the bracelet are just bracelts. "it was just an emotional touchstone for Sayid." Nothing connective there.

And that's ashame cause that coulda been good.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »
I think the significance of the bracelets is being over looked.

It is a very overt connection and nobody seems to be discussing it.

Elsa and Naomi obviously have some sort of strong connection.  Plus the inscription is interesting and the initials are another clue.

I wonder if we find out that Sayid has seen a similar one before?  He seemed to pick up on Naomi's right away.  I don't buy into the theory that the Elsa "flash" happened pre-island, even with the "old school" pager she had.

sometimes a band is just a band....the producers.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
Cuse and Lindeloff say in their spoilers blogspot interview today that they two bracelets have no relation to each other, and they didn't mean to confuse anyone.  The bracelet was only a plot device used to make Sayid, in his flashforward, make the connection between the island and current events.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »
Didn't they also say no time travel or teleportation at one point?
Remember the best trick the Devil ever pulled was to make us believe he didn't exist.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
Cuse and Lindeloff say in their spoilers blogspot interview today that they two bracelets have no relation to each other, and they didn't mean to confuse anyone.  The bracelet was only a plot device used to make Sayid, in his flashforward, make the connection between the island and current events.
Yeah!  I guess I missed the "emotional reminder" part and went right to the assuming Naomi and Elsa were in on something huge.  Ah well.  That's what i get.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Maintain hope! They also said that, contrary to their plan at the start of the season, they're writing episodes close to their shooting dates, due to the strike. They left open the possibility that they could adjust the story some, in response to such fan suggestions as the bracelets representing some greater connection.