Author Topic: bands/bracelet  (Read 7606 times)

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
bands/bracelet
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
What did the band on Naomi's wrist say.  I thought is was "N I'll always be with you RG."  I think it was the same band that was on Elsa's wrist, wasn't it? ::)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: bands/bracelet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
It must be a code that they work for the good guys or the bad guys.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
Or R.G. has given out a bunch of bracelets. Who do we know with those initials??

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 01:10:07 AM »
regina on the boat was the r begining name i could think of, plus they keep crediting zoe bell in the opening.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
Just because Elsa had a similar bracelet isn't to say that hers had the same message as Naomi's.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »
Well, here's a crazy thought. How about Roxanne or Roseanne (or some variation) Goodspeed, perhaps known to her friends as Annie.

We know Annie gave Ben a present with the idea that they'd never be apart. And the inscription says: I'll always be with you....

OK, I said it was crazy.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 04:57:10 PM »
Well, here's a crazy thought. How about Roxanne or Roseanne (or some variation) Goodspeed, perhaps known to her friends as Annie.

We know Annie gave Ben a present with the idea that they'd never be apart. And the inscription says: I'll always be with you....

OK, I said it was crazy.

Oh, good call on the inscription.

I would LOVE to think that Annie survived and is operating as anti-Ben Dharma - and she'll still have a pull on him and his heart as her faction meets his.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »
Or R.G. has given out a bunch of bracelets. Who do we know with those initials??
R.G. is a playa lol...

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »
R  G will be Randall  Garrett. :P :-[ :-X

He was a prolific sci fi writer.  From wikipedia:Randall Garrett (December 16, 1927 - December 31, 1987) was an American science fiction and fantasy author. He was a prolific contributor to Astounding and other science fiction magazines of the 1950s and 1960s. He instructed Robert Silverberg in the techniques of selling large quantities of action-adventure sf, and collaborated with him on two novels about Earth bringing civilization to an alien planet.

Garrett is best known for the Lord Darcy books—the novel Too Many Magicians and two short story collections—set in an alternate world where a joint British-French empire still led by a Plantagenet dynasty has survived into the twentieth century and where magic works and has been scientifically codified. The Darcy books are rich in jokes, puns, and references (particularly to works of detective and spy fiction: Lord Darcy is himself partially modelled on Sherlock Holmes), elements that often appear in his shorter works. Michael Kurland would continue to write Lord Darcy stories.

Garrett wrote under a variety of pseudonyms including: David Gordon, John Gordon, Darrel T. Langart (an anagram of his name), Alexander Blade, Richard Greer, Ivar Jorgensen, Clyde Mitchell, Leonard G. Spencer, S. M. Tenneshaw, Gerald Vance. He was also a founding member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, as "Randall of Hightower" (a pun on "garret"). The short novel Brain Twister, written by Garrett in conjunction with author Laurence Janifer (using the joint pseudonym Mark Phillips) was nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1960.

An inveterate punster (defining a pun as "the odor given off by a decaying mind"), he was a favorite guest at science fiction conventions and friend to many fans, especially in Southern California.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 08:25:18 AM »
I've read some of the Lord Darcy books and they're a lot of fun. There's no reason to believe they have anything to do with Lost, other than that they're fun too.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »
My prediction:

The RG is their boss. Both the naomi and the spy girl work for the same person. RG

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »
Too predictable. >:(

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
R  G will be Randall  Garrett. :P :-[ :-X

He was a prolific sci fi writer.  From wikipedia:Randall Garrett (December 16, 1927 - December 31, 1987) was an American science fiction and fantasy author. He was a prolific contributor to Astounding and other science fiction magazines of the 1950s and 1960s. He instructed Robert Silverberg in the techniques of selling large quantities of action-adventure sf, and collaborated with him on two novels about Earth bringing civilization to an alien planet.

Garrett is best known for the Lord Darcy books—the novel Too Many Magicians and two short story collections—set in an alternate world where a joint British-French empire still led by a Plantagenet dynasty has survived into the twentieth century and where magic works and has been scientifically codified. The Darcy books are rich in jokes, puns, and references (particularly to works of detective and spy fiction: Lord Darcy is himself partially modelled on Sherlock Holmes), elements that often appear in his shorter works. Michael Kurland would continue to write Lord Darcy stories.

Garrett wrote under a variety of pseudonyms including: David Gordon, John Gordon, Darrel T. Langart (an anagram of his name), Alexander Blade, Richard Greer, Ivar Jorgensen, Clyde Mitchell, Leonard G. Spencer, S. M. Tenneshaw, Gerald Vance. He was also a founding member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, as "Randall of Hightower" (a pun on "garret"). The short novel Brain Twister, written by Garrett in conjunction with author Laurence Janifer (using the joint pseudonym Mark Phillips) was nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1960.

An inveterate punster (defining a pun as "the odor given off by a decaying mind"), he was a favorite guest at science fiction conventions and friend to many fans, especially in Southern California.

Nice call....Lou drew another Sherlock Holmes connection this week, too.

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »
I think the significance of the bracelets is being over looked.

It is a very overt connection and nobody seems to be discussing it.

Elsa and Naomi obviously have some sort of strong connection.  Plus the inscription is interesting and the initials are another clue.

I wonder if we find out that Sayid has seen a similar one before?  He seemed to pick up on Naomi's right away.  I don't buy into the theory that the Elsa "flash" happened pre-island, even with the "old school" pager she had.