Author Topic: Why do they keep transporting Naomi's body?  (Read 10718 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why do they keep transporting Naomi's body?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 03:05:55 PM »
BOB is correct in stating that her body would be bruised on her back, this is caused from the blood settling there

someone mentioned bugs not getting to her, so it doesnt always happen, but like Bob said, they lay eggs and get out,

what you want to notice is her skin color, i mentioned this in this thread twice (this is the 3rd time), he face is blue,  meaning the blood is not flowing anymore,

i've dragged a few bodies in my day, a few too many and what we've been show thus far is pretty accuarate

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
BOB is correct in stating that her body would be bruised on her back, this is caused from the blood settling there

someone mentioned bugs not getting to her, so it doesnt always happen, but like Bob said, they lay eggs and get out,

what you want to notice is her skin color, i mentioned this in this thread twice (this is the 3rd time), he face is blue,  meaning the blood is not flowing anymore,

i've dragged a few bodies in my day, a few too many and what we've been show thus far is pretty accuarate

AAAGGGHHH!!! Running for dear life!!!

Seriously - what are you talking about?

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
Backstories don't lie.
Hawaii doesn't have a major bug problem like us mainlanders.

But...

naomi is hanging around because of one of three reasons.

1.  The bracelet...if so she's gone.
2. She not really dead, but now off the island...leaves us with spider bite.
3.  Flash backs/forwards always begin and/or end with the character being flashed.  I believe she has more flashbacks with Abbadon et al   so they need her to reference the flashback.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 03:32:19 PM »

AAAGGGHHH!!! Running for dear life!!!

Seriously - what are you talking about?

i was in the marines, served in bosnia, lost a lot of friends

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
Juliet is more desperate than anyone else to get out of there, has been there longer than the losties, will stab anyone in the back to get out, etc. But when opportunity presents itself, she quietly lets a dead body take up the last spot on the flight out? That sounds quite unbelievable....
I still don't trust Juliette. I think that later on, we will see yet another flashback with her and Ben talking about how they are going to have to make it look like she has betrayed Ben and the Others. There will probably even be a discussion about the loss of lives, and this will either show how cold Ben is, or it will be revealed about how they won't really be dead (or it might just come out once her and Ben see eachother face to face). I actually think that maybe, just maybe, Juliette's entire back story is a lie told to us for the benefit of the story, but it will be revealed that she is actually an other (I know, probably not, but this is LOST we're talking about.).
While I still don't trust her either, I do not think that the writers would mislead the audience like that.  If it is revealed that her backstory isn't reliable, then we can throw everyone else's out too!

I totally agree with you about how pointless it would be to lie to the audience, but I have been tricked by Juliette for the last time. I wouldn't change my mind if tonight she took a gut full of buck shot to protect Aaron, I just don't trust her.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »
I totally agree with you about how pointless it would be to lie to the audience, but I have been tricked by Juliette for the last time. I wouldn't change my mind if tonight she took a gut full of buck shot to protect Aaron, I just don't trust her.

What would the story be without the delicious deviousness of Ben, and the fantastic flip-floppery of Juliet?  Both of them have also been instrumental foils against which our Losties have become more self-sacrificing, stronger of purpose, self-actualized humans. And they're probably somewhat schooled the audience, too.  So, keep on trickin'!

Concerning the dragging Naomi around, Lost Ed has a good point, that it was necessary to do the flashback.  Darlton also had something to say about the bracelet:
Spoiler
It wasn't meant to create a direct connection between Elsa and Naomi. Rather, it was just a reminder for Sayid of some sort.

I'm still not on the same page concerning the coloring, as I compared dead-Naomi's with living-Sayid's in that shot, and they aren't so very much different. However, as pointed out, 12 hours is rather too soon to expect much insect activity.  And yes, I am grateful that the FX department didn't go more all out in reproducing the full possible range of effects.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
  And yes, I am grateful that the FX department didn't go more all out in reproducing the full possible range of effects.

hahahahaahahaha too funny

i noticed the coloring when Daniel was carrying her on the pseudo-stretcher

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »
Ah, I did my comparison when Sayid go up from praying to Mecca and strode over to her.  Maybe the makeup was different between that scene and the Dan-Kate stretcher carrying scene.