Author Topic: Charlotte stays?  (Read 7458 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Charlotte stays?
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:14 AM »
So, after getting kidnapped, shot, held hostage, then finally released, Charlotte still doesn't want to leave the island because she has "work to do".

So, why would an archaeologist want to stay on the island so badly?

So far I can only think of 2 references that would interest an archaeologist:

1. The 4 toed statue
2. Ben's people going to "the temple"

Do we think she will just be looking for the history of the island, or is she looking for something specific, Indiana Jones-style?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte stays?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »
She's an athropologist.  I think all 4 of them are there for a specific reason, and Ben is just their means of getting what they want.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:18:19 AM »
Agreed. She's basically been baggage during both episodes, and her archaeological passions are what brought her here.  Whereas Miles may be about the money, she & Dan are all about their work.  Still not sure if Frank is there for the money, or to seek some answers.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 07:19:50 AM »
I'm sure she'd love to see the statue, Black Rock, and the temple. I'm sure she came all that way to get there, she wouldn't leave so easily.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
she's an anthropologist .  she probably (like the rest of us) just wants to know what's up with the island, what happened to the DHARMA people, who are the "natives" etc.  she has probably heard rumors and theories and now that she is there she just wants to figure it out.  she has found her holy grail.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
She is there to identify who Adam and Eve is. Maybe we finally get an answer!

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
The whole episode was just a setup for future events, and quite frustrating.  It told us nothing, but I'm sure they will say that it sets up a  'big reveal' later in the series.  The episode was boring and plodding, and provided little new information, other than Sayid working for Ben in the future.

None of the Fantastic Fours true motivations have been revealed, and I fear if they don't speed it up a bit, we won't know until the final show of 2008 which will be a mistake.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »
Charlotte has interest with the island.

In Tunisia, she knew something about that polar bear being there, she knew something about Dharma by the way she intentionally looked for the bear's collar, and was "happy" or satisfied when she saw the Dharma logo.

She knows about Dharma, that much we know about her.  We don't know such about the other three.

I still want to know why Frank memorized the passenger list and why he wasn't on 815 as he says he should have been.

And Miles seems to be the only one truly interested in Ben.

Daniel was all emotional when he heard of the crash, for reasons unknown, but now seems very content to do his science.  I think he knows the island has interesting "properties."  But I feel he is Dharma ignorant.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
I agree that Charlotte has a personal interest in the island, probably in Dharma, and that's why she wants to stay. Plus she feels a lot safer now that she's out of Colonel Kurtz's hands.

I think Frank developed an obsession with 815 since he was s'posed to be the pilot and he realized early on that there was a coverup. So he wanted to know everything about it. Sort of like us with Lost.  ;)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »
She is there to identify who Adam and Eve is. Maybe we finally get an answer!
I already know! ;)

she's an anthropologist .  she probably (like the rest of us) just wants to know what's up with the island, what happened to the DHARMA people, who are the "natives" etc.  she has probably heard rumors and theories and now that she is there she just wants to figure it out.  she has found her holy grail.
Agreed. :)

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »

I still want to know why Frank memorized the passenger list and why he wasn't on 815 as he says he should have been.

I want to know, too!  Why did he memorise that list if Abbaddon made Naomi say that there were no survivors of 815?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »

I want to know, too!  Why did he memorise that list if Abbaddon made Naomi say that there were no survivors of 815?
Frank knows there's something fishy going on, & he's made it his business to get to the bottom of it.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »

Frank knows there's something fishy going on, & he's made it his business to get to the bottom of it.

OK doh on me for getting anthropologist and archaeologist mixed up. They're totally different animals. However, I'm still excited to see the kind of work she's going to be doing. Just as I was on the edge of my seat as Dan started setting up his equipment.

As for Frank, since he was supposed to be on the flight in the first place, he probably had the passenger list memorized before Dharma tapped him for the mission. I could see him learning all about 815 out of guilt for not being there. That may be why Miles and Dan didn't know about Juliet until Frank told them.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »

OK doh on me for getting anthropologist and archaeologist mixed up. They're totally different animals. However, I'm still excited to see the kind of work she's going to be doing. Just as I was on the edge of my seat as Dan started setting up his equipment.

As for Frank, since he was supposed to be on the flight in the first place, he probably had the passenger list memorized before Dharma tapped him for the mission. I could see him learning all about 815 out of guilt for not being there. That may be why Miles and Dan didn't know about Juliet until Frank told them.
Right!  lol  As I was typing, I thought.....I can't be the only one thinking this! :-\  :D

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »
Why would Charlotte not leave? Yes she was shot by Ben and taken hostage by Locke but she also was able to see miricles of the island.
Remeber that she sat in Locke's group and asked many questions reagarding out LOSTIES and everytime she heard some intresting fact she would reply "that's amazing!" So with knowledge of half of our LOSTIES why wouldn't she want to stay and discover some things on her own.
It is part of her job to discover old civilizations. My guess is that she along with Dan, Miles, and Frank will stay on the island and not return.