Author Topic: Daniel and the phone  (Read 7178 times)

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Daniel and the phone
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »
Why do you think that Daniel would need to hang up the phone if Minkowski got on the phone?

I was wondering what everyone else felt that meant? (Because I sure as hell haven't a clue!) ??? ??? ???

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel and the phone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:55 PM »
Probably because jack would here him talking and saying things that jack shouldnt here

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:27:45 PM »
Weren't they trying to get Minkowski earlier?

Why can't Dan talk to him now?

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
There's something really weird going on on that freighter - maybe some kind of a power struggle.  I really hope we get to see when Sayid and Des get on there.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:26 PM »
Miles wanted to talk to Minkowski, now Miles is not there...he got traded. Or was that before? I got to check the times...lol

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:32 AM »
There's something really weird going on on that freighter - maybe some kind of a power struggle.  I really hope we get to see when Sayid and Des get on there.

Agreed.  Regina wouldn't let Miles talk to Minkowski earlier, and now Lapidus says to hang up if Minkowski comes on....weird weird weird.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
I take it that mikowski is one serious dude. He is all business. He would have no patience for them doing there little experiments.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 12:04:33 AM »
I take it that mikowski is one serious dude. He is all business. He would have no patience for them doing there little experiments.
Sounds about right. 

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »
Sounds about right. 
It's possible that different people on the freighter have different agendas, so maybe Minkowski and Miles are only after Ben, while Dan, Charlotte and Frank (who happen to be the ones who've shown more interest in the crash) have other interests as well.

It could also have to do with Ben's man on the boat.  It could be Minkowski and they're on to him, or Frank is in on keeping Minkowski in the dark as much as possible until Ben's man can take over somehow.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
there is no ship. the island isnt an island. it is part of a secluded area and they put water around it. there is a invisible fence around it like for dogs that repels things. thats why no one can get off. they have a "gate" thats why you have to have a certain bearing to get out.

this is why they find the polar bear in a desert. it is years later, the experiment is over, and the water has left.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:03:50 AM »
That was a flashback madmax

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »
why would a flashback show the polar bear in a desert? that makes no sense. obviously the bear was on the island. if it was alive when the lost people were there, then it wasnt dead and buried yet

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 01:11:27 AM »
this is some crazy stuff, my post above i just reread, didnt mean to sound that hostile to you :)

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 01:16:58 AM »
It was a flash back.  It was showing Charlotte before she was recruited.  It was even confirmed earlier tonight in the recap episode.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »
my mom was telling me on the phone that they have subtitles in the recap episodes that explains ****. gotta start watching them i guess.